Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Censorship alive and well & creepyness been single

• 03-07-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭

i been noticing recently when I make posts on other websites (Not this one) that there is no room for discussion for anything out side feminism lens.
    I did notice comments after a while were delete by the sites. There was not insulting words or degrading comments, but critical comments or behavior that I noticed that seem to offend feminism people. The comment sis not intend to offend but to point out the other side. Any comments from opposing view seem to be deleted. I notice this in many news media websites. They seem to heavily moderated by feminists. I try to explain it off by other view points but none of it seem to make sense. I though Censorship was dead and gone and free speech is alive, boy I was wrong and shocked too. I believe it alive and well under a feminism lens like the old day when extreme Religious Censorship ban comments and remove any written material that disagree with their views.

In the following article in the Irish independent link below. Louise McSharry felt creepy out but been alone and some guy sat next to her. We really do not know what he actually done.I look at it from the other side from my point of view, single male who do not sexual harass women or go near them when I do not know the. My perspective: Single male going to the cinema. The dangers of been out alone and been false accused by women like Louise McSharry can have huge consequences to my life and other good men. I avoid single women like if they have the plague because of it.
    So Louise McSharry if you are reading this. I take one step further I will not listen to your show in case you fine it creepy and I take it one step further I will not listen to 2FM to cover all the bases, in case you are covering for anyone else.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/i-was-entirely-creeped-out-i-felt-awful-2fms-louise-mcsharry-on-cinema-experience-30401939.html

I posted two comments under the name jackmanDJ
    jackmanDJ wrote:
    I go to the cinema too during the week, I get a lot of creepy looks from groups of women. I feel uncomfortable around these women..
    The other is approx which is also true but the exact text is approx to this one, but was not accepted.
    jackmanDJ wrote:
    I keep away from single women like this one. I avoid them like if they have the plague, so she does not have to worry about me.
    It is true I do avoid them because if they get into their heads which is not true "that I may be staking them or try to sexual harass them" then the garda are involved and have me arrested out of her fears which has nothing to do with reality and I have that following me for the rest of my (the innocent party) life.

But the problem is that the site is heavily censorship for feminism lens. I could understand why they delete comments that is insulting where insults are deliberate, but deleting from a different critical or opposing perceptive is beyond that. It is now censorship.

The feminism censorship also in other news media around the world. Women complaining for been single and that are is no good men anymore. Heavily moderated under feminism lens which is male bashing and demonizing. I find it creepy and repulsive, no wonder more and more women are single and cannot find good men. The feminists are been repulsing good men and driving them from other women lives.

Do many of you find this same heavy feminism censorship or is it just me?

It reminds me of this video I saw last year
    basic message from feminism "SHUT THE F*CK UP"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I think the point this girl was making, was that the cinema was pretty empty and yet the other person came from the front and decided to sit right next to her instead of any number of seats.
    That leave sit more likely there was an agenda involving her, unless she happened to get the best seat in the house.. Whic i doubt.
    Because what is "normal" is to say, " Hi, sorry to bother you, do you mind if I sit here, the view is better." etc. But even then, what would seem normal to me is not to sit right next to a single woman or man in a half empty cinema in the first place.
    It implies they were part of the reason for sitting there.
    So I can understand a paranoid woman, getting fairly uncomfortable and letting her imagination get carried away, when something like that happens.
    Because the media is full of stories on rape and not so many stories on how a lone man saved a cat or did a nice thing for a stranger.

It's important for the media and those who own reuters, to keep society in a state of fear and paranoia in general. This in my view is the result indirectly.
    Personally I would think the other person had an agenda. And say it was a big man with a rainbow hat lol Maybe I would be a bit nervous myself!
    He might be straight and just wanted thatseat..(I can't thinkof a reason why though..), but the mind considers many things....And it is better sometimes to be safe than sorry.

Regarding the feminist movement, I think you are correct, in that certain or a lot of feminists I have seen active online, use it as a tool to put men down, the way men used sexism to put women down for centuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Torakx wrote: »
    I think the point this girl was making, was that the cinema was pretty empty and yet the other person came from the front and decided to sit right next to her instead of any number of seats.
    That leave sit more likely there was an agenda involving her, unless she happened to get the best seat in the house.. Whic i doubt.
    Because what is "normal" is to say, " Hi, sorry to bother you, do you mind if I sit here, the view is better." etc. But even then, what would seem normal to me is not to sit right next to a single woman or man in a half empty cinema in the first place.
    It implies they were part of the reason for sitting there.
    So I can understand a paranoid woman, getting fairly uncomfortable and letting her imagination get carried away, when something like that happens.
    Because the media is full of stories on rape and not so many stories on how a lone man saved a cat or did a nice thing for a stranger.

It's important for the media and those who own reuters, to keep society in a state of fear and paranoia in general. This in my view is the result indirectly.
    Personally I would think the other person had an agenda. And say it was a big man with a rainbow hat lol Maybe I would be a bit nervous myself!
    He might be straight and just wanted thatseat..(I can't thinkof a reason why though..), but the mind considers many things....And it is better sometimes to be safe than sorry.

Regarding the feminist movement, I think you are correct, in that certain or a lot of feminists I have seen active online, use it as a tool to put men down, the way men used sexism to put women down for centuries.
    I been at cinema alone for one film last year in the Omniplex in limerick and sat in the best location in a empty cinema and two young guys sat behind me in a big cinema with load of seats. They arrived just as the film started and spend the film talking and making noise behind me. I said nothing to them because I wanted to see if they relies how rude they were during the film. In which they did not. It was a good non scripted non setup experiment in society behavior, in this case young adolescence men behavior. The reason I was there that night was to get out of the house because a certain female housemate thumping and banging doors around the house and she was not in a bad mood which make the situation puzzling. I also avoid her like the plague. I think she is creepy and weird. The house owner who lives in the house keeps her in check. It her general poor social behavior. Anyway the film I choose was not great but something to watch in peace and quite in which I had hoped.

They sat there right behind me because it was the good location in the cinema, not to harass or jump on me. I bet she did the same thing sat on a good location as did so did that guy she complained off. If I was pissed off with the two young men and the film was good, I would have told them to quieten down please in a respectful manner. She should have done the same thing to the other guy and ask for him to move away because she was in fear. I doubt he relies she was afraid of him. He was probably ignorant of her attitude towards him. Never the less I keep away from women like her, because they are very dangerous. But do not complain why women are single and there are no good men. My assumption appears to be correct. There is huge feminism censorship about in the media.

Feminism have an male bashing agenda just like the worst of Religious intuitions with censorship did on us all in years gone past. They want to put the fear in all of us and censorship our speech and like those before them the shame us when members of the public complain or hold them to account for their actions. They use fear mongering statements and shaming comments: Rape Culture, Patriarchy: Rape apologist, child rapist.

But she (Louise McSharry) made a hurricane out of her fear which is not based in reality. She was not attacked or harassed, otherwise she would have certainty said so and the headline read, radio presenter have been sexual assult in Cinema, instead of "Creepy" headline in cinema. She (Louise McSharry) was in a public access building available for those who paid up to be there. He had the same equality rights as her as he paid to be there too. The problem is, she tramples on his right to be there out of her own fear by complaining in her show in public airwaves. She abuse her position as a public presenter to tramples on all men, otherwise if people like her keep this up. I will be campaigning for separate buses/trains etc and other transport for men and women, separate social spaces for men and women. More so to protect good men from women who have no problem in abusing men than the other way around. I bet you know the uproar and hell thrown by the feminists will have. They want to control us all through censorship and shaming us and humiliating us men on the actions of a few bad men and blame all good men for all of their problems.

That how Nazi got so powerful and fascism, communism, dictatorships, etc, who started in their media propaganda campaign slowly and not full on others wise they would have been defeated early on and not got to power, who ended up more brutal than those who they complained about and ridiculed and blame for society problems. Many good people fell foul into their charms and fears of their new masters. Fear is a powerful weapon, so is shame. We now how brutal these people are. I see history repeating it self in a different form: Feminist censorship in the main media to start with and getting others to do their dirty work of suppression and to excuse them as been morally correct. Naziism, fascism, extreme religious zealous, thought the same thing that they are morally superior and use that to excuse their terrible actions and manipulated others to do their dirty work. It took the Nazi years to get powerful. Study the history and other brutal dictators and you see the same patterns. I believe Feminists is far more insidious that previous brutal regimes.

I am for equal rights and for equal respects, but not for Feminists warp ideals that they call equality. I firmly believe Feminists censorship by people who believe in their ideologies out of fear of a invisible enemy lurking in the background by and what might happen and fear of lost of control over speech of themselves and suppressing those who question their motives or suppressing or removing other ideas that not int he feminist agenda. We have free speech for a reason to keep those who would abuse their powers in check.

I for the most part agree with you on the feminist movement. Much like the new age movement, it is used or subverted in order to control and create dissent in some way.
    I think the cinema example might not have been the best one to showcase that theory.
    The equivalent to a man(more physically powerfull) sitting beside a lne woman in a dark cinema, might be you sitting there , when those two men come over and sit each side of you.
    The matter is confused slightly by different peoples expectations and societies view, on social interactions and whatis acceptable.
    I personally would not have sat right next beside anyone, because i would be well aware of their personal spece, sowould choose at worst to sit one seat apart from them, in order torespect their personal space.

The more space there is, the larger each persons personal space becomes.
    In a very crowded room it is seen as acceptable toaccidently bumpinto someone or brush shoulders. It would be very strange for someone to brush shoulders with you in a very wide corridor. Most would think there is some kind of agenda. And rightly so, considering the amount of space. Maybe in this womans ase the agenda was to hope to spark conversation.
    But I think people need to be aware thattheir wants ar enot necessarily others and that theymust first repsect the other persons possible needs before going after their own.

As mentioned in the video you posted, an equality movement sounds more sensible. To shout for equality for one side is to risk swapping places, which is exactly what is happening I think. And so the hypocritical side of feminism emerges, thereby possibly ruining more chances to reach actual equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Torakx wrote: »
    I for the most part agree with you on the feminist movement. Much like the new age movement, it is used or subverted in order to control and create dissent in some way.
    I think the cinema example might not have been the best one to showcase that theory.
    The equivalent to a man(more physically powerfull) sitting beside a lne woman in a dark cinema, might be you sitting there , when those two men come over and sit each side of you.
    The matter is confused slightly by different peoples expectations and societies view, on social interactions and whatis acceptable.
    I personally would not have sat right next beside anyone, because i would be well aware of their personal spece, sowould choose at worst to sit one seat apart from them, in order torespect their personal space.

The more space there is, the larger each persons personal space becomes.
    In a very crowded room it is seen as acceptable toaccidently bumpinto someone or brush shoulders. It would be very strange for someone to brush shoulders with you in a very wide corridor. Most would think there is some kind of agenda. And rightly so, considering the amount of space. Maybe in this womans ase the agenda was to hope to spark conversation.
    But I think people need to be aware thattheir wants ar enot necessarily others and that theymust first repsect the other persons possible needs before going after their own.

My Point which is lost in you statement , she never spoke up there and then, she never set her boundaries. If she was really in fear she could have got up and left or text a friend for support etc. NO she did not do that, Instead she pour it out over the public airwaves and trample on all men. There is no excuse for her actions live on air. She gave feminist ammunition against men. As I said before the more people give in to their fears the more rights and freedom you remove from their victims (Enemy which is now men).

As for your statement the same respect must be two fold. I have many women try to run over me with their superior smugness and their demands because they are a woman or female. I do not give them the time of day or night for that matter. If they do not respect me, then I ignore them. and many of them are much smaller than me with indignant views and anger because I am a male and suppose to be their slave attitude.

For me 2FM is remove from my Radio dial to avoid her, that should give her personnel space she wants. As I said before I avoid women like her like the plague , they are very dangerous. They use fear and shame as their weapons for use others to abuse us..

Yeah that is a valid point I think. She could have moved, although there rises a conflict between offending someone else and fear of being offended.
    But if it was really so scary, I am sure moving would have been easy enough. I don't think she would have been frozen with fear, although at the same time I am not her, so I kind of reserve judgement too.

But.. if she is a presenter for a national media outlet/source. Then there is a lot of the time agendas at play regarding social conditioning and politics/ethics.
    I would advise people not tolisten or experience mainstream news or entertainment as much as possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement