Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DeWalt Boots - £31.63 (Size 6,8) & £67.52 (Size 9,10,11,12) ex P&P

• 04-01-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

DeWalt boots great price,just ordered some last night.

See here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved your post to a new thread Spudzzmurphy.. not typically a good idea to post new bargains in the thread of another!

Fixed that far too long link too.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

basquille wrote: »
    Moved your post to a new thread Spudzzmurphy.. not typically a good idea to post new bargains in the thread of another!

Fixed that far too long link too.

Sorry about that Mods.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

They might be a tad cheaper than your local builders providers, but not really a bargain IMHO.
    More to the point, I had a pair and they fell apart just a quick as any no-name brand boot I bought before or since.
    Would not recommend them at all, not for work at any rate!

I have been using DeWalt boots for the last few years,and have found them a very comfortable and great working/wearing boot.
    These boots are over £70.00 on Amazon at the present.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dewalt-Challenger-Brown-UK-Wide/dp/B001U0OAVE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1294147630&sr=8-12

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

PaulieBoy wrote: »
    They might be a tad cheaper than your local builders providers, but not really a bargain IMHO.
    More to the point, I had a pair and they fell apart just a quick as any no-name brand boot I bought before or since.
    Would not recommend them at all, not for work at any rate!

Dunno know what you are doing with them. " falling apart " is unusual for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

dodzy wrote: »
    Dunno know what you are doing with them. " falling apart " is unusual for sure.
    I used them for work. They were work boots!
    The no-brand name pair I have now have lasted a couple of years, the DeWalt pair managed to last no more than a year and looked like rubbish by the time I ditched them. Just my experience, I don't rate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Have to agree with PaulieBoy I had a pair as well and found they wore pretty quickly, there also a very heavy boot as well.
    It's worth trying on a pair before locally buying them imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

£50 for the riggers and £30 for the lace up Dewalt boots in the Bargain store
    High street Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

3 words of warning.....

"Made in China"

Raiser wrote: »
    3 words of warning.....

"Made in China"

So what:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Raiser wrote: »
    3 words of warning.....

"Made in China"
    So what:confused:

Sorry - I had also meant to mention that I appreciated your taking the time to post the Bargain alert - I hate when People bitch on Bargain alerts like its a free service tailored to them etc. :o

- I'm just bitter at the minute because any product that I have hade crumble, malfunction, crack, almost take my eye out etc after only two or three days of correct use has had 'Made in China' on the underside of it - I'd happily pay more for a properly manufactured 'fit for use' product each and every time......

/Prejudice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah well I find all boots, regardless of how much I pay, or where I buy them, wear out within a year or two. So I buy mine in Aldi and Lidl when they have them. Just as good and about €20-25 a pair. When they wear out I buy new ones.

Advertisement