Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supervalu/Electric Ireland Code's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

You may be better standing on a busy street and asking passing strangers for a tenner that they're not using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Still trying to work our how to getcode

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Still trying to work our how to getcode

Once you spend 400€ in Supervalu to earn 400pts they give you a voucher that can be used for 5% off a shop or 10€ off electric Ireland bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Does anyone else think this is one of the most useless offers recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

It's a unique code every time! Why would anyone give it away? Even if they're not with electric ireland they then can use it for 5% off their shopping

• Advertisement

Access wrote: »

well it's a 2.5% rebate on grocery shopping for electric Ireland customers so not that bad an offer imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

well it's a 2.5% rebate on grocery shopping for electric Ireland customers so not that bad an offer imho.

But you have to spend 400 euro first? Fine if you are regular shopper in SV but other wise not worth the effort.

I would rather shop somewhere a little cheaper and save the difference to be honest.

But you have to spend 400 euro first? Fine if you are regular shopper in SV but other wise not worth the effort.

I would rather shop somewhere a little cheaper and save the difference to be honest.

There's one on my walk home from work and use it mainly for top up shops unless I get a 8 off 40 type voucher. I hadn't bothered presenting the key fob for smaller shops but with this offer I will do so now and probably get 20e off leccy bill a year. Not great but better than nothing. Won't be walking/driving out of my way for small under 20e shops

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Musgraves didnt make 100 million in profit last year by giving away free money. :pac:

Should the electricity bill show the amount of super valu pts "earned" can't see it on the emailed bill I received

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

Just fyi can only use one code every 60 days. So not really a great deal Tesco board gas offer better and no limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

Well it depends where you live. My nearest supermarket is Supervalu. While other Supermarkets may be cheaper I have to consider the cost of travel fuel and time. I use the 5% off all the time, and while its not great its something. A few times a year vouchers will arrive in the post - spend €90:eek: get €10 off- and the like, you can also put your 5% to it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

If one has sufficient income to negate the need for vouchers, then by all means this is a useless offer; however for those of us who live on or below the breadline, it is a godsend. What it means to me, is that my electricity bill which normally comes in at around €95 per bill for one person, (my appliances are old and energy ratings as a result are poor) will now cost me €85. That's €10 that I can now return to my meagre income to be put toward the purchase of another necessity. There just isn't enough money for all necessities, forget completely about luxuries. The €10 I've just saved tonight will be added to my minuscule savings to purchase enough oil to keep dampness out of my house for the winter. To actually heat the house during winter is currently my idea of a luxury and as a result, out of the question.

There are drawbacks to the acquisition of this reward however, namely:

1. You must have already spent €400 in order to qualify; and
    2. SuperValu is ridiculously expensive, thereby precluding many lower income people from shopping there on a regular basis.
    Personally, I can no longer afford to do my weekly shop there. It's Aldi or Lidl for me now, and has been for quite some time, so it takes several months of very intermittent shopping for me to qualify for the "€10 off my next electricity bill" reward at my local SuperValu store.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

Should the electricity bill show the amount of super valu pts "earned" can't see it on the emailed bill I received

I just redeemed one tonight on Powering Rewards and the blurb said something to the effect that the savings will be seen on the back of the bill which of course you won't see since you're paperless, as I am. Maybe a quick email or call to them will clarify where the savings are noted on emailed bills?

Let me know how you fare out info-wise please. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

One other thing to note on this as well is everytime you pay your Electric Ireland bill you get 1 point for every €2 so this will help get to the magical 400 points even quicker!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

i got €10 cash as they could not provide coupon which could be used in powering rewards.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hildred wrote:
    I just redeemed one tonight on Powering Rewards and the blurb said something to the effect that the savings will be seen on the back of the bill which of course you won't see since you're paperless, as I am. Maybe a quick email or call to them will clarify where the savings are noted on emailed bills?

Let me know how you fare out info-wise please. :-)

Hi All,

We can see that you have some questions, so we're just jumping in to help.

You can view the amount of SuperValu Reward points earned by logging on to your Powering Rewards account, and selecting "My Transactions".

Once you've redeemed your €10 voucher, it will be applied to your next bill. This can be seen on your bill on the second page, under "Your electricity/gas bill in more detail". If you are signed up for Online Billing, it will be viewable in the same place as the bill sent to you online is just a PDF version of the paper bill you would have received.

If you've any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It clearly comes up on your bill as a credit of €10. It's a good offer, but needs better staff training.

The only complaint I have is that the staff in Supervalue Lucan don't know how to use it. My Mum has gotten it twice now and both times there is a big rigmarole, person on till going off to get someone else, first time they gave her a receipt but no voucher, second time the person went off for 10 minutes an then came back with someone else, leaving a huge que. Staff should know how to process and stand over the offers they have. In one case, staff member did not know what it even was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi anewme,

Thank you for letting us know. I'm sorry that the process was complicated for your mother, I'll pass your feedback and suggestions to the Powering Rewards team.

If you've any other queries, please let us know. We also have some FAQs on our Powering Rewards website.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement