Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

dublinlady wrote: »
    ya can get long or short sleeved ones ivy - but yeah they close between the legs and i think the babies always wear them under a baby grow or sleepsuit to make sure their torso is warm enough!

Ah they are what I was calling "bodies", that's what they are called over here. Oh I have a ton of those, yeah.

Couldn't sleep in the middle of the night last night; and started panicking about what I need for the baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I started the mammoth task last night of ironing all the baby clothes that I washed earlier this week. Spent an hour at it last night. 6 weeks left, hope I get finished in time.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Amelie84

hi guys! ordered my first "BIG" baby thing today - the pram! whoop feel delighted :)
    have a few baby vests but was also wondering what to bring.. but there is enough time to think about it, I guess (week 28 now)

My back starts to hurt. I sit at a desk 8 hours a day, and try already to stand and walk much, but as soon as I sit, it starts in the upper back. feels like the muscles are tired. does anyone feel the same or has an idea what to do?
    I just went for a bath and got to know that its good to use a belt around the tummy to lift the weight a little. .

how are you all?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

well im into week 34 now!!! :eek::D brought home some of our baby stuff from the shop yesterday. goin cleaning and tidying today to make room for stuff.

i have a growth scan on wednesday as they think im measuring small. im thinkin baby is just lyin down far. baby loved the cadbury milk tray i had last night!

cant believe how fast time is flying. it will be christmas soon an then baby will be coming not too long after!! :D

Yup the vest inside the sleep suit idea is great!!!

Where do I but reasonably priced vests and baby gro's ? I got a few in mamas and papas etc but they seem expensive!! I want some standard ones for the first month or two!

pennys and dunnes are good for some vests. thats where i got mine. gona wash everything this week hopefully and pack my bag!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Well 28 weeks today :)
    Hoping it speeds up now! But I'm sure the run up to Christmas will keep us all busy and make it faster for us!!
    I'm feeling good really at the mo, had a lovely relaxing weekend and cos I did so much sitting around I felt tonnes of movement which was great!!
    Doing loads of work on our house over the next 4 weeks so it's a bit stressful but hopefully it won't get too dusty and will all be done by Christmas! It's better to have it all done now anyway tho so I'll have a nice home to bring the baba home to!
    I'm really starting to get excited about spending those first few precious months at home with my little girl! Can't wait to get to know her and to care for her... And of course to dress her!!!! :)

Well 28 weeks today :)
    Hoping it speeds up now! But I'm sure the run up to Christmas will keep us all busy and make it faster for us!!
    I'm feeling good really at the mo, had a lovely relaxing weekend and cos I did so much sitting around I felt tonnes of movement which was great!!
    Doing loads of work on our house over the next 4 weeks so it's a bit stressful but hopefully it won't get too dusty and will all be done by Christmas! It's better to have it all done now anyway tho so I'll have a nice home to bring the baba home to!
    I'm really starting to get excited about spending those first few precious months at home with my little girl! Can't wait to get to know her and to care for her... And of course to dress her!!!! :)

im the same. really cant wait to meet this little baby and the movements are so strong now they make me jump. makes it so real!

also im building a house at the moment so i know about the stress!! duno when we will be moving in, prob march or april maybe. so our little one will be spending his/her first few months in our mobile so we will be nice and close at all times!! cant wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Into week 33 on Thursday, not prepared for this at all:eek:. Have got absolutely nothing, had a very quick look at travel systems at the weekend, but saw nothing I like. Think I'm a bit " la, la, la, this isn't really happening!" Obviously I'm thrilled to bits, but can't decide if it's because I've done this twice already, albeit some time ago. Or it's because I'm scared as hell that I won't remember what to do. It's almost like a kind of denial:o
    Was in bits with sciatica most days, a few weeks back. Have physio now on Friday, and it's kinda eased off now at this stage:rolleyes:. Still wake in the night most nights with rotten pains in my hips and thighs, so am sure physio will be of help. Just can't understand how I piled on weight all over the last 2 times, and had no back problems. This time I'm the same as I always am, just with a beach ball for a belly, and I've been in bits:confused:
    Can't wait to see what we have this time. I really have no feeling as to whether it's a boy or a girl...

its december ladies!!!! :D 6 weeks left for me! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Aoibhinn

Congrats to all who are now in their third trimester. We have come a long way. The countdown has now started to the next stage of our babys' journey into this world.

I am a first time Mum and due at the end of January 2012. It's all a bit of a roller coaster, I am getting so much information, from all sources, from birthing, to baby clothes, prams, changing stations, muslins, breast feeding, etc... I think my head is going to expload!

I have noticed one thing since my pregnancy became obvious and that is that I am at the receiving end of a range of unwelcome comments from people I don't know e.g. work colleagues. They range from "what are you having?", "your bump is so big" or "your bump is tiny". I have been called "Fatty" and "Bumpy". One male colleague, in a fit of bad temper said to me this week that "I will be having a rotten weekend, in the throes of a very painful labour!". (I was totally shocked and upset at this comment).

I find these comments very intrusive and upsetting. I am so thrown by these comments that my first reaction is to smile as if I haven't been offended. In fact, I'd like to say something personal to them, but I don't. I know that if I retaliate, I will be accused of being "an emotional pregnant woman". I feel trapped in a no-win situation.

Has anyone else experienced unwelcome comments and if so, how have you effectively dealt with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Congrats on your pregnancy Aoibhinn!

I have to say I haven't had much in the way of upsetting comments at all, people who I haven't seen in a while will say something like 'oh, you've got big' or something like that and I do get the odd query about what we're having (apart from family we haven't told anyone what we're expecting). But nothing nasty. That colleague of yours sounds like a not very nice person, all you can do is ignore comments like that and try not to let it get to you (difficult though it may be). Maybe go home and create a voo-doo doll and stick pins in it, might make you feel better! :D

I've got 3 weeks left from today, 1 week left at work now, can't wait to get finished up.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

5 weeks left for me Yipppeeeeee!!! Just put the Christmas tree up and getting super excited :D:D:D

Hope you are all well x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Jesus, I've 8 weeks left... seems like ages, but I am half expecting to go on the 15th of Jan as I went early last time. I know that's no indication, but you never know.

Looks like everyone else here is going to go before me. I think the date from the hospital is the 31st of Jan.

People say the maddest things, like 'oh yes that a boy, your ass is massive'.... am thanks I found this out be myself with a scan and without abuse.

Also 'Mrs Penguin' is my name in work due to the sciatica, which I object to as I'm not married.

I am like a bibe anyway, I have no fear of being called an hormonal pregnant person. the only time I'm not ready to kill someone is when those bloody sad vodafone christmas messages come on the radio and I start to blub.

I have abused so many strangers out of it by now I'm nearly expecting the cops at the door to do me for verbal assault.

I'm finished work at the weekend so atleast if I have another out burst after that I cant get fired.

I was doing my list of what I will need and I'm down to 3 small items, after that its onto buying nappies and wipes.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Jesus, I've 8 weeks left... seems like ages, but I am half expecting to go on the 15th of Jan as I went early last time. I know that's no indication, but you never know.

Looks like everyone else here is going to go before me. I think the date from the hospital is the 31st of Jan.

People say the maddest things, like 'oh yes that a boy, your ass is massive'.... am thanks I found this out be myself with a scan and without abuse.

Also 'Mrs Penguin' is my name in work due to the sciatica, which I object to as I'm not married.

I am like a bibe anyway, I have no fear of being called an hormonal pregnant person. the only time I'm not ready to kill someone is when those bloody sad vodafone christmas messages come on the radio and I start to blub.

I have abused so many strangers out of it by now I'm nearly expecting the cops at the door to do me for verbal assault.

I'm finished work at the weekend so atleast if I have another out burst after that I cant get fired.

I was doing my list of what I will need and I'm down to 3 small items, after that its onto buying nappies and wipes.

If it makes ya feel better I've 11 weeks left... Due 20th feb! Tick tock....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh yeah, thats much better... glad I'm not you!!

I really am in a bulls humour, I'll probably be single or arrested at the end of all this!!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, thats much better... glad I'm not you!!

I really am in a bulls humour, I'll probably be single or arrested at the end of all this!!

Haha!
    I need more less pregnant ppl to make me feel better.... Why is no one due the end of feb... Or match perhaps - they can join this thread just for me!!!
    Ppl keep telling me stories and ppl who have gone early at 35-37 weeks.... I'm getting it in my head that will happen to me.... So just to spite me my body will prob make me go 2 weeks over which would mean 13 weeks to go which is enough to make me cry right now..... Or eat an entire tin of celebrations while I watch the Santa Claus during which the baby will kick the crap out of me as its the first time I've sat down for any length in 6 days!

Have hosp appt on thurs... Secretly hoping he'll say I'm measuring 2 months bigger than my dates all of a sudden!!! Alto my bump, while growing, is still a pretty poor effort so if anything he'll probably add another week on!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Dont worry Dublinlady, you'll have your little bundle in no time :)

x

Quins5 wrote: »
    Dont worry Dublinlady, you'll have your little bundle in no time :)

x

I know... :) I'm just being greedy!!!
    Actually mostly really enjoying pregnancy so shouldn't wish it away!!! Will certainly all be worth it in the end!!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bauble1

Hi Dublinlady!
    I've been a lurker on this thread but thought it deserved a post to say you are not alone ... I'm due 22 Feb!
    I've been getting on grand, it's my first so I need the next 11 weeks to get organised (but I don't want to go over either). Due date would be perfect! Though I have it in my head baby might arrive on the 29th. How would that work for birthdays :)

bauble1 wrote: »
    Hi Dublinlady!
    I've been a lurker on this thread but thought it deserved a post to say you are not alone ... I'm due 22 Feb!
    I've been getting on grand, it's my first so I need the next 11 weeks to get organised (but I don't want to go over either). Due date would be perfect! Though I have it in my head baby might arrive on the 29th. How would that work for birthdays :)

Oh yeah bauble1!!!! That's fantastic! Was feeling mighty lonely there for a bit thinking everyone on this thread would have month old babies and I'd be sitting here typing to myself... Hahaha!!!!
    I've been thinking the 29th would be great!!!! One birthday every 4 yrs.... A but harsh tho!!
    I'm a bit of an organiser and may have peaked too early with my getting ready... Have nothing to do now for the next 11 weeks except wait - I'm like a kid at Christmas - the more I feel her moving around and feeling like a real baby the more I just can't wait to hold her!! Obviously I'd rather she stayed in there until she's completely ready but selfishly I'm dying for the cuddles!! can't wait to see who she looks like, know what weight she'll be, see her temperament etc - basically I'm dying to get to know this little miracle I've been growing for over 7 months!
    Anyway - rant over! Welcome to the thread and thanks for making yourself known!! Hehe now I do feel better... A whole 2 days ahead of someone!! Hehe - I bet you'll go first!! That or we both go on the 29th!!! :)

• Advertisement

Haha!
    I need more less pregnant ppl to make me feel better.... Why is no one due the end of feb... Or match perhaps - they can join this thread just for me!!!
    Ppl keep telling me stories and ppl who have gone early at 35-37 weeks.... I'm getting it in my head that will happen to me.... So just to spite me my body will prob make me go 2 weeks over which would mean 13 weeks to go which is enough to make me cry right now..... Or eat an entire tin of celebrations while I watch the Santa Claus during which the baby will kick the crap out of me as its the first time I've sat down for any length in 6 days!

Have hosp appt on thurs... Secretly hoping he'll say I'm measuring 2 months bigger than my dates all of a sudden!!! Alto my bump, while growing, is still a pretty poor effort so if anything he'll probably add another week on!

My baby is due February 19th! My bump is very small too, baby is ok sizewise but I have put on no weight so it's just bump and no fat. So with winter clothes, it's still not obvious straight away I'm pregnant!

Haha!

My baby is due February 19th! My bump is very small too, baby is ok sizewise but I have put on no weight so it's just bump and no fat. So with winter clothes, it's still not obvious straight away I'm pregnant!

Oh my god ivy! Doh! I thought you were at least a couple of weeks ahead of me!!! Oh that's great news! Don't know why but it's so much nicer when someone can relate to you at exactly the same stage!!
    I have but on 18 pounds..... But it's weird my face, legs and arms all look the same the only place there's anything is my bump and boobs! Must be a heavy bump..., I can't understand it as from what I gather our babies would only weigh approx 3lbs now if even and my bump is quite small , I reckon my boobs have gained 5lbs each!! Haha!!!

Oh my god ivy! Doh! I thought you were at least a couple of weeks ahead of me!!! Oh that's great news! Don't know why but it's so much nicer when someone can relate to you at exactly the same stage!!
    I have but on 18 pounds..... But it's weird my face, legs and arms all look the same the only place there's anything is my bump and boobs! Must be a heavy bump..., I can't understand it as from what I gather our babies would only weigh approx 3lbs now if even and my bump is quite small , I reckon my boobs have gained 5lbs each!! Haha!!!

Yeah I know what you mean about being able to relate to someone at the same stage!

I have put on only 3 kgs (about 6 or 7 pounds) since I got pregnant. And not an ounce on my boobs, they are exactly the same size now as 7 months ago! My bump is small enough, I wish in a way it was a bit bigger cos it's not obvious and while now I find it uncomfortable to stand on public transport and stuff, I'm not big enough to feel comfortable asking someone to give me their seat!

same here. . due on 21st of february.. wow we are close dublinlady :)
    I think the time will fly since its christmas soon.. then new years and then only about a month left at work... :) and after week 38 (37+) anything can happen, since the baby is then considered full-term :)
    My rips are still killing me sitting down at a desk every day. not even possible anymore. just standing and sitting on my knees :( will have my checkup this thursday, will see what they say.

Have a super nice Christmas girls!!! and enjoy the time, last time "alone" (for first time moms)

just saw last page now.. oops haha.. so we have

IvyTheTerrible at 19th,
    DublinLady at 20th,
    me at 21st and
    bauble1 at 22nd of February :) weeaahhyy.. hehe

I think my bump is pretty big but the rest is almost like always. they all say I am so tidy and neat. I met a girl week 30 as well her bump was not near mine but still same tiny girl. weird.. and they say, you sure you don't get twins? :P

IvyTheTerrible you only gained 3KG? that sounds really like nothing!? the baby should already be around 1.2KGs ? :-O
    I put on about 7KG now. but actually all bump.. funny how different everyone is! :) but also good so! As long as everyone is healthy ALL is good :)

Amelie84 wrote: »
    just saw last page now.. oops haha.. so we have

IvyTheTerrible at 19th,
    DublinLady at 20th,
    me at 21st and
    bauble1 at 22nd of February :) weeaahhyy.. hehe

I think my bump is pretty big but the rest is almost like always. they all say I am so tidy and neat. I met a girl week 30 as well her bump was not near mine but still same tiny girl. weird.. and they say, you sure you don't get twins? :P

IvyTheTerrible you only gained 3KG? that sounds really like nothing!? the baby should already be around 1.2KGs ? :-O
    I put on about 7KG now. but actually all bump.. funny how different everyone is! :) but also good so! As long as everyone is healthy ALL is good :)

Yeah I know I found it hard to believe! I think it's cos I actually lost a fair bit of weight in the first trimester because of the morning sickness. So I was 64kg at the start of pregnancy, went down, and now am up at 67kg. So maybe I put on more than 3kgs in the last 3 months.....

The baby weighs 1.4 kg (apparently is is exactly average for the stage). I was always fat in the legs but with a very flat tummy so I think the baby is absorbing some of my leg fat! My bump is quite hard, there is NO fat on it at all! I just don't put fat on my tummy, all goes to the thighs!

Yeah I know I found it hard to believe! I think it's cos I actually lost a fair bit of weight in the first trimester because of the morning sickness. So I was 64kg at the start of pregnancy, went down, and now am up at 67kg. So maybe I put on more than 3kgs in the last 3 months.....

The baby weighs 1.4 kg (apparently is is exactly average for the stage). I was always fat in the legs but with a very flat tummy so I think the baby is absorbing some of my leg fat! My bump is quite hard, there is NO fat on it at all! I just don't put fat on my tummy, all goes to the thighs!

ya i know that.. hehe.. i lost 2kg as well in the first 3 month but then gained 8-9 on top of it. so I count from my normal weight before pregnancy till now.
    but tummy is pretty hard too as in no fat between me and baby :)
    i feel and see every movement and love it. if ur "normal" its good to gain between 10 and 12 kg in the 9 month. I think I will exactly come up to that. 10-12kg.
    but most important is, that the baby gets what it needs and u too! :)
    I got baby checked week 27 and it was average as well at that time, so I assume its around same as urs now.

ahh its all so exciting now.. in only a few weeks is christmas and only one more month at work then :) at the weekend I'm gonna start pack the hospital bag. they all say I should do it now.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AmcGo

Hi Amelie,

I'm due 20 jan and haven't been comfortable sitting on a chair for weeks. I'm new to this posting thing but its something to do while I'm not sleeping and maybe the following might be useful to you ;)
    My rips are still killing me sitting down at a desk every day. not even possible anymore. just standing and sitting on my knees :(

I've replace my office chair with an excercise ball and it's a salvation! I get very funny looks but it's worth it.

I got my ball for €20 in elvery sports and then got a second for home. They were great for exercise and one will def be used during labour but at the minute it's just great to be able to sit at the desk without being crippled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AmcGo

Hi Amelie,

I'm due 20 jan and haven't been comfortable sitting on a chair for weeks. I'm new to this posting thing but its something to do while I'm not sleeping and maybe the following might be useful to you ;)
    My rips are still killing me sitting down at a desk every day. not even possible anymore. just standing and sitting on my knees :(

I've replace my office chair with an excercise ball and it's a salvation! I get very funny looks but it's worth it.

I got my ball for €20 in elvery sports and then got a second for home. They were great for exercise and one will def be used during labour but at the minute it's just great to be able to sit at the desk without being crippled.

• Advertisement

AmcGo wrote: »
    Hi Amelie,

Your due the same day as me!!! :)
    Finding the couch uncomfortable now in the evenings. Have to kinda sit up with loads of cushions which makes it impossible to put my feet up! Can't win really! Starting to toss and turn a lot at night now! Also starting to get some very mild period style cramps - they either stretching or Braxton hicks - I can't tell! They only last for a few mins and only come maybe twice a day so I'd say Braxton hicks!
    Having private scan today so really looking forward to seeing my little girl!
    At least we into the last ten weeks now - hopefully it will start to speed up!!
    Anyway welcome to the thread - its so great to see how other ppl are doing who are the same stage! :)

Advertisement