Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flight of the Conchords - Olympia, Wed 5th, Thurs 6th May

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

anyone know what the scéal is? Are they boating it or have been stuck in Amsterdam by feckin Volcano? It's already taken LCD from us!

I know, after missing LCD I will cry if this one doesn't happen

Edit: Actually, the worst would be if they cancel tonight's show but still play tomorrow's...

Edit: Apparently Dublin Aiport's closed until 'at least midnight' (Clickeh), so it's boat or nothin' I suppose, unless they've flown in first thing in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Sinfonia wrote: »
    I know, after missing LCD I will cry if this one doesn't happen

Actually, the worst would be if they cancel tonight's show but still play tomorrow's...

It really depends how much backline they take with them on the road. Most likely they're in a tour bus so we'll be ok.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]@Phantom1052News good morning! FOTC will make it!! They're are on a tour bus at the moment so all is well!

Link http://twitter.com/mcd_productions
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Great news!

You fail again, ash!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I couldn't bear the jealously if they had to cancel tonight and were able to play tomorrow!

Can't get Twitter in here ... what does it say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Orlee wrote: »
    Can't get Twitter in here ... what does it say?

Nothing more detailed than exactly what Weepsie quoted:
    "@Phantom1052News good morning! FOTC will make it!! They're are on a tour bus at the moment so all is well!"

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Nothing more detailed than exactly what Weepsie quoted:
    "@Phantom1052News good morning! FOTC will make it!! They're are on a tour bus at the moment so all is well!"

Ah right ... ta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cannot wait for this tomorrow. :D

20secs it sold out in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

completely forgot about this and cant go now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 deecurls

so are you selling your ticket??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

We're going tomorrow night...dying to know what tonight was like, please tell!!:D

Twas AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWSOME!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

really good show. and David O'Doherty was great also. A lotta issues with soundlevels, mainly onstage so tomorrow night should be a lot better in that respect. Wont ruin any of the jokes but yea, you'll enjoy it. Pity there was no Kristen.. was really lookin forward to her. The in between song banter was the best thing about the show. Coulda done without the "comedians" in the crowd but it's Ireland so it's to be expected...

*edit*... I just got the above post. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Yeah, the crowd were being spas but overall it was a solid gig, loved every minute of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sabbath Lily

Is it wrong to say that I enjoyed D'OD more?

Don't get me wrong, they were class - but I just think they'd be better in a smaller venue, devoid of the idiots. The atmosphere was just that bit less cordial with all the stupid interruptions. Though I did like the ramble about where Murray "and all other fictional characters" go. :D

Also, D'OD's reaction at the "vagina-type hole" in his trousers was a thing to behold. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it was amazing - the first time in a long time I've gone to a gig and not even been a little bit let down. To those going tonight, all I can say is:

"CONGRATULATIONS BITCHES!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I thought they were great. To be honest, I expected the crowd to be worse with shouting out stuff, so that didn't bother me so much, but I could've done without the incessant bad line dancing, especially when they weren't even playing a song. ;) Is it really so difficult to stay in your seat for the whole show?

David O'Doherty was brilliant too.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

- but I just think they'd be better in a smaller venue, devoid of the idiots.

Smaller than the Olympia? :confused:

Managed to score some last minute tickets tonight, thanks to a friend. Cheers dude, I owe ya one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tommywiseau

in fairness there was only 'audience participation' between the songs which was fairly civilized. during the tunes there was good behaviour from the audience.loved the gig, had a front row seat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Ah hope there's less of a spa quotient there tonight! How long did they play for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Unfortunately Irish crowds always think they're hilarious. I remember a Bill Bailey gig being almost ruined by morons shouting out stupid things continually during his set in the Olympia once.

"Is your name on the poster? No? Then shut up!"

A put down I've heard the Conchords use in the past. Hope they used it last night to deal with the spa contingent.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Hope they used it last night to deal with the spa contingent.
    Jermaine "You're running the gig yourselves now"
    Brett: "and it's not going well" :D

Linguo wrote: »
    Ah hope there's less of a spa quotient there tonight! How long did they play for?

from about 9:15 to about 11:05

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Great gig last night and loved David O'Doherty so make sure you're there for his warm up. The two of them seemed a bit tired from their travels so I have a feeling tonight will be a good one!
    I was sitting near the front and had no idea how small the drum kit was until D O'D sat behind them to 'play' on the encore! Hilarious!

Big thanks to Darragh and Boards.ie for the tix!

(I was the lucky sod who won the competition!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

They were good, but knowing most of the songs inside out kind of ruined the whole experience for me :rolleyes:. I should have saved a bit up!

Jemaine seemed to be in better form than Bret, and the
    New Zealand Symphony Orchestra
    was simply amazing :). I got the overall impression though that the two poor sods were wrecked. Should be a good gig tonight.

Jemaine's got a lovely
    scarf
    . Oh what I wouldn't do to get my hands on a
    scarf
    like that

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Feeona wrote: »
    They were good, but knowing most of the songs inside out kind of ruined the whole experience for me :rolleyes:. I should have saved a bit up!

Jemaine seemed to be in better form than Bret, and the
    New Zealand Symphony Orchestra
    was simply amazing :). I got the overall impression though that the two poor sods were wrecked. Should be a good gig tonight.

Jemaine's got a lovely
    scarf
    . Oh what I wouldn't do to get my hands on a
    scarf
    like that

Sums up how I felt 100%. I really enjoyed that new 1353 song as well :D

But oh dear Christ the screaming, dancing idiot I was sitting beside nearly ruined the gig for me. Near the end I felt like laughing would condone her behaviour somehow :mad:

But yeah, great night and I love DO'D!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

What time does DO'D go on? Want to make sure I get there on time tonight...

@ blastman

DOD was on at 8:15 for a good half an hour, maybe more and he was fantastic. I wasn't looking forward to him after I heard Kirsten wasn't going to be there but he was well worth it! FOTC came on at 9:15

Have you got proper seats? We were in the unreserved seating in the upper circle so I was queuing from about 6:30pm. Managed to get deadly seats at the front of the section so it was well worth it cause the view from the back is appalling!

The banter between the lads was brilliant, despite the embarrassing haggling. They did seem a little tired and unprepared but I think that added to the whole thing. It felt like they were being real every so often :)

I so wish I could go again tonight ... Anyone need a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Sums up how I felt 100%. I really enjoyed that new 1353 song as well :D
    that haircut is so 1351
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

Heading tonight and have reserved seats in the Stalls so wondering what time to head down there at? Id the queue mad or anything to get in - would we be in there in plenty of time if we were at the Olympia for 7.30pm?

Advertisement