Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to get your CV done professionally FAST?

• 22-07-2014 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

need to improve my CV asap! Got a job I need to apply for thursday, need to give my cv the professional touch. Does anyone know any place that does this in town ? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

I'd be interested in this service too
    No huge hurry, but I need my cv done and printed
    How much would this cost for probably 15 mins work?

Don't waste your money. Write it up, 2 pages max, don't fold it, into a large envelope, job done.

Most of those things don't get more than a few seconds of a look. Nobody pays attention to nice covers etc on CV's

Seriously, save your money. The content is what is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lots of guides around the net (I don't know anyone anywhere in town).

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Microsoft CV templates are handy. Pick the template here that suits your info!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

swiftman wrote: »
    probably 15 mins work?
    Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Europass template is the EU standard if you google that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,650 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

LinkedIn.com

(What is a CV?)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

LinkedIn.com

(What is a CV?)

/slowclap

• Registered Users Posts: 25,650 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

/slowclap

I took wicked pills today ... just couldn't resist any longer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Don't pay. Waste of money...in fact, if you have skills are somewhat sought after, you could actually play it in such a way that a recruitment agent can fix your CV for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Don't pay. Waste of money...in fact, if you have skills are somewhat sought after, you could actually play it in such a way that a recruitment agent can fix your CV for you

Indeed!

Last time I brought my CV to an agency they spent a good while reading through it and giving me some tips. Coming from people that look at CVs all day that was invaluable.

Advertisement