Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

he was crazy... I want the baby cleaned, sterilised and wrapped in a blanket! Plonker! But Ye twas scary, don't like the idea of forceps. I know if it had to be done Ye fine but i'd rather not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

id give him a slap anyway, couldn't handle him at all,

i know i don't like the idea of them either but sure if i need them i need them

my nephew had the vacuum and he had a right little cone head when was born, twas funny :-)
    Hows ur pain? I've pains back in my back. Heading off to me bed now soon and hopefully will have some news after hospital in the morn :-D i hope the pains keep up for u betsie... How mad's that wishing pain on somebody. :-) night night Xx

oh my good god, what a horrendous morning!! Its unreal up here, hasn't stopped raining n i'm almost sur thunder and lightning!! Got a great nights sleep i have to say, only woke once. So up now to get ready for hospital even tho on a morn like that i wanna pull duvet over my head and go back to sleep!
    Again, october, the v best of luck today x x
    rose and betsie, hope those pains are still there :-)
    and good luck to anyone else with app's today x

morning all,

october very best of luck today, cant wait to hear some news from you x

Gee G hope the hospital goes well for you today and that you have some news for us too :):)

rose how are you feeling this morning??

pushki hope you got some sleep last night, did you think of a name for her yet ?

well this morning, im still slightly crampy but nothing to write home about, i have the kitchen and the bathroom cleaned already today,

• Advertisement

jesus betsie you're flying, if ur bored u could start on my house!
    It was all spotless last week, gleaming! Ye that passed!:-)
    have a nice day everyone x

well i have to clean the living room next but the dog is in the middle of eating a plastic bottle and its keeping her quite so ill leave her at it and ill clean later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

morning everyone!
    i deleted some posts that i wrote just in case but i promise i will do a birth story when i get sorted :-)
    mammy pushki got a few hrs sleep last night :-) how is everyone? x

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Hi girls I had my little girl Sophie last Monday at 6.30am, weighing in at 7lbs 10oz. Have had the most amazing week with my little girl. Thanks for the support in those last few days before she was born. Wishing you all the very best for those of you with pending births, and congrats to those who had already welcomed their little ones. It really is the most amazing thing you will ever experience :)

pushki im delighted that you got a few hours sleep last night anyway, how are you feeling today ?

Minxy moo im delighted for you massive congratulations on your little girl :)

• Advertisement

October- 3rd August, first baby!!

Minxy Moo - born 6th August Girl 7lb 10oz

SSFG- 3rd August, born 4th August, first baby! * A girl!* 7lb 12oz:)

Betsie- 5th August, 1st baby *a girl!*

New Look- 9th August, C-section, 2nd and 3rd babies, 2 for the price of 1 !! BORN 24TH JULY, EMERGENCY C-SECTION, TWO BOYS :)

Rose- 9th August, first baby *a boy!*

Pushki- 16th August, first baby Born 11th August weight ??? *a girl!*

Kiniori- 18th August, third baby!

Gee_G -19th August, first baby!!

Tishandy- 20th August, C-section, 2nd baby, *a girl!*

Laura- 28th August, 2nd baby, *a girl!*

Belfastmedic, 29th August, first baby, *a boy!*

Excited_FTM , 30th August, first baby![/QUOTE]

filled in what i could remember, edit as you wish :)

how is everyone today?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi all,

Well ended up in admissions last night!!!!! went to bed around 10 and felt the need to go to the loo around 11, had been having lower back pain all day but it was getting worse when I went into bed so got up to go to the loo and felt a bit wet - sorry if TMI - so thought ok Im leaking water, now it wasn't much, so as I was heading back into bedroom I felt more fluid between legs so grabbed a tissue and saw blood, now it was not like bright red blood but it was like watery tinged pink, so I was a bit scared!!!!
    I rang the labour ward and midwife said come in. So off to hospital I go, with pains in back coming and going but nothing definete. Got hooked up to the trace I think its called, which showed I was having waves of contractions but nothing too serious, so they called it early labour and I was having a show, even though it wasn't mucousy like I was expecting, but gave me option of staying in overnight or going home, so I went home. Had clinic appt this morning anyway so they checked me out today and said I am in early labour but they are going to leave me to it.

Its so surreal, no nothing happening, but from time to time Im getting pains in lower lower back, but nothing definite, so tired now and emotional.

They wont even consider an induction till next week if I dont go before, wearing a pad because of blood, now its not much but im conscious of it.

They did an internal last night too, and omg it was awful because my cervix is still high, not dropped that much and head is 3/5 engaged. It could be a slow process for me. Sorry about the essay. Oh and I see we have a new arrival as well, congrats minxy moo. :)

great to hear from you rose, were you in the hospital long last night? was the internal that bad? at least its a start i suppose :)

dont worry about the essay thats what we are here for :)

pushki, how are you feeling today? im still here, got a mad burst of energy this morning, cleaned all downstairs of the house :) im exhausted now though :)

hi betsie couldn't get on til now. it is really quiet on here today i wonder if things have happened?!
    Im doing well now after a really rough night. everything seemed to be going wrong i was really sore, feeding baby p for about 3 hrs and she was still hungry .Then when i did try to sleep i couldn't stop thinking of how horrible the birth was. got so upset and went and talked to to the night nurses. i got about 2 hrs sleep. not any since but baby p has been feeding well today so hopefully i can get some hrs in a while.
    Were going home tomorrow so delighted about that :-)
    are you still having cramps betsie? i wonder how October is?! :-)

your grand pushki,

its very quite here today, i wonder how october is getting on and Gee G too ??

oh my god so exciting!! bet all the Aug babies will come together!!!

yeah they could do alright x

sorry to hear you had a rough night pushki you will be much better when you get home you can relax a bit better, x

ya hopefully betsie. The feeding is tough going but i really enjoy it:-) and the x factor starts Saturday baby p couldn't have come at a better time :-)

• Advertisement

yeah id say it is tough alright, hopefully it will get easier for you, i hope my baby will be here Aw Saturday so i can watch it :-)

you'll have to tell your little missy to hurry up :-) we could start a new thread x factor babies:-) any pains or aches ?

Betsie, I was in hospital for about 2 hrs last night, I could have stayed but opted to go home, thought i would sleep better in my own bed. I found the internal uncomfortable more than sore but it was only because my cervix is still so high up so there was a lot of pushing to get at it to measure it, I dont think its ripe like pushki was so its not favourable for a sweep yet.

Head engaged but not fully but that doesnt mean anything really they said.
    Have to go back in if waters go, leak or blood as in blood blood, not just the stain I have, the apparant show, I didnt notice any plug going either, thats why when I saw the blood I panicked.

Most of my pain is in my back but mid wife said some women just have back labor so I dont have to wait for it to happen in bump. Every labor is different, but it was a false start, only hope I dont have to wait until next week for induction.

Pushki - You are so good with the BF glad ye are going home tomorrow, wish I was you. xx

Oh they also said if decrease in fetal movement to go in, thats the worst really for me to even think about, so im glad at every movement I feel, when I was on the trace last night when I got a contraction baby's heart rate slowed down it was scary to hear but its normal, still.

oh i know i have chats with her every day telling her to come out now, we have been waiting long enough for her :)

nothing to write home about really, small dull aches but other then that im ok

i hope you dont have to wait either Rose, not everyone notices their plug going, they can break down and loose them over a few days

Thats what I now think happened, I look back now and see that it was what I thought as just normal discharge it was the plug gradually going, Its a start isn't it, but I think I will be like October, she had about 4/5 rough days before they brought her in today to break the waters, wonder how she is getting on.

You have niggly back ache and period dull like cramps too betsie, thats what I had, you could be in a slow labor and dont know yet, like with me got a surprise last night to say the least.

Heading for a shower now and bed, wrecked, chat to ye soon, take care. xx

rose im glad you are ok x i didn't notice my plug going when i look back i think i lost it gradually too.
    surely the cramps are slow labour for ye both :-)
    bouncing or even sitting on the ball is great for ripering the cervix .
    god my brain has gone to mush!!

Im sitting on my ball at the moment, nothing really in my back, just dull period like cramps is all, i suppose any pain is good i suppose

yes betsie definitely. and try to get as much rest possible you are going to need it afterwards. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Baby Hazel born today at 4.27pm weighing a big 8lbs 8oz! She's just lying here asleep on my chest, can't stop staring at her! This is the best day of my life!

Advertisement