Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

LizT wrote: »

Shocked dot com... :O #sarcastic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

"We'll have the place de-Gailed"- LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,829 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You'd think Nick's swanky apartment block would have security cameras

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

............. and / or an alarm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What a slap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

When's Spider taking Emily to Dignitas?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

efb wrote: »
    What a slap!
    I didn't think it was that good, Tina turned her face to the side as she saw the hand come towards her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

OMG that flask that Roy had.Brings me back to my childhood in school in the 70s/80s.Or maybe the orange in the ketchup bottle and the bread crumbs from my mouth falling into the bottle........:).

Good woman Anna, Tina deserved that.Tommy too for that matter.

Why doesn't Beths niece stay away from that flippin Chesney, he is only using her to get back at Kay-te.They are a pair of them in it.I don't like that Chez at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Tommy and Rita are eejits. They should have just told Tina the truth, she needs to hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

casio4 wrote: »
    I didn't think it was that good, Tina turned her face to the side as she saw the hand come towards her

Yeah, i thought Tommy was going to get it instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

jimmyw wrote: »
    Why doesn't Beths niece stay away from that flippin Chesney, he is only using her to get back at Kay-te.They are a pair of them in it.I don't like that Chez at all.

Katie was so two-faced today. No bother herself riding the hole off Ryan in the same room as Joseph at night, but she has an issue when Chesney takes Joseph for a walk in the park with a new lady. Jesus, she is dim. I can see herself and Chesney getting back together soon.
    LizT wrote: »
    Tommy and Rita are eejits. They should have just told Tina the truth, she needs to hear it

They already have, Rita told her in no uncertain terms in the hospital last week that what she was doing was wrong but she said that she'd stick by Tina. Tommy also said it was wrong but nowhere near as forcefully.

Loved Roy's black night stalkers outfit, a cross between "the man from Milk Tray" and James Bond!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Red Kev wrote: »
    Katie was so two-faced today. No bother herself riding the hole off Ryan in the same room as Joseph at night, but she has an issue when Chesney takes Joseph for a walk in the park with a new lady. Jesus, she is dim. I can see herself and Chesney getting back together soon..

Nice description there Red, .............................................but shocking language................................................................................................................:D:p

I don't think Rita should have said to Tina she'd support her. Rita doesn't agree with what's she's doing so she's being two faced now supporting her. Would you really support a loved one doing something you think is morally wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,829 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Red Kev wrote: »
    Katie was so two-faced today. No bother herself riding the hole off Ryan in the same room as Joseph at night, but she has an issue when Chesney takes Joseph for a walk in the park with a new lady. Jesus, she is dim. I can see herself and Chesney getting back together soon.

Lets not forget Ryan's drug use either

Anna could do with slapping Katy as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

What's the story with Tina's breastfeeding? Has she been expressing up 'til now to keep the flow going? How many weeks old is the child? Her milk might be starting to dry up by now.

Calm the fcuk down Anna...you got your point across there nicely without the scumbag behaviour. That won't help Izzy and Gareh's case.

Think the nurse mentioned that they'd put the baby on her breast to help stimulate the milk production. Could be wrong though. Noisy house! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

(Just watching now btw) The CHEEK of Kateh lecturing Chesney on letting Jo-zef spend time with Sinead!!!! I like that young one (Sinead). She suits Chesney better than Kateh does.

Ann22 wrote: »
    (Just watching now btw) The CHEEK of Kateh lecturing Chesney on letting Jo-zef spend time with Sinead!!!! I like that young one (Sinead). She suits Chesney better than Kateh does.

Yip totally agree.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

As much as I'm enjoying David The Omen Platt going all freaky again Kylie and co must be as thick as two short planks not to cop that something is very wrong with David and the cavity block sized hints he's dropping about surprises and people going behind his back should be enough to get them worried he's onto them.

Then Gail and her E.T head whinging to Kylie about how she doesn't want to live in some dingy flat I was expecting her to mention moving in with Nick again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Duvetdays wrote: »
    As much as I'm enjoying David The Omen Platt going all freaky again Kylie and co must be as thick as two short planks not to cop that something is very wrong with David and the cavity block sized hints he's dropping about surprises and people going behind his back should be enough to get them worried he's onto them.

Then Gail and her E.T head whinging to Kylie about how she doesn't want to live in some dingy flat I was expecting her to mention moving in with Nick again!

Maybe she could be Nick and Leannes 24 hour security:D Although that could be dangerous - David might throw her down the stairs again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭ladysarah

this week izzy guves up the fight for Joe but my betting is that Tina will hand him over. Hope she does

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

another love triangle set to develop when
    todd grimshaw returns and sets his sights on Marcus

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Yes, Cofy I was thinking with the way David was acting, Kylie, Gail and
    Nick would have know something was up. I also wonder if the newer writers know the history of the characters. Recently Roy said he didn't believe in ghost, but years ago he was interested in investigating the Rovers for spirits.

wouldn't their be a security camera at Nicks apartment? No one even asked.
    I know its emotional, the baby momma drama, but its Anna and Owen act like they are 10 year old's sometimes. I'm burn out on baby stuff. Give the kid to Fiz, she seems to be collecting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

another love triangle set to develop when
    todd grimshaw returns and sets his sights on Marcus

Ah ffs !

Can Maria not get a break? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

ladysarah wrote: »
    this week izzy guves up the fight for Joe but my betting is that Tina will hand him over. Hope she does

You know what irks me about this storyline. Izz-eh and Gar-eh act like the child is a hobby. They were having bacon butties in the cafe while Tina was camped out in Intensive Care. Then the fight for him becomes a little tougher and after a week of sobbing at home she decides the fight is too much and gives up. Part of me thinks Tina is right to keep him. If you can't be bothered to fight for him, and find it too hard to stay with your partner for 9 months and only visit him when he's in hospital, then really you don't deserve him.

syklops wrote: »
    You know what irks me about this storyline. Izz-eh and Gar-eh act like the child is a hobby. They were having bacon butties in the cafe while Tina was camped out in Intensive Care. Then the fight for him becomes a little tougher and after a week of sobbing at home she decides the fight is too much and gives up. Part of me thinks Tina is right to keep him. If you can't be bothered to fight for him, and find it too hard to stay with your partner for 9 months and only visit him when he's in hospital, then really you don't deserve him.

Yeah. It's a hard one. Feel that what Tina is doing is wrong, to just change her mind and decide she wants to keep their baby. But it's very hard to sympathise with Izzy and Gary, they are not acting like parents. Don't know how she decides to give up the fight for the baby, but i don't know if any mother would give up before the fight has really started. If she really believes she is the proper mother why would she give her baby to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I think the idea about surrendering is that she doesn't want the baby embroiled in conflict for the first part of it's life.

I believe it's more so protection for "Jake/Joe" than anything.

MugMugs wrote: »
    I think the idea about surrendering is that she doesn't want the baby embroiled in conflict for the first part of it's life.

I believe it's more so protection for "Jake/Joe" than anything.

I think she realises that even if they do win the court battle, the baby will have grown up with Tina and will have bonded with her at that stage so to take him away would be cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

He came back to the house with flowers for Kylie as a surprise and hid upstairs when Gail and Kylie came in and heard them talking about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement