Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tarmac Contractor

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

If anyone has prices of the Mayo lads per sq m it would be good if you could post them up.

Also what is included in the price?

I have kerbing done and the drive done in hardfill and maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Delboy1999 wrote: »
    Hi Selfbuilder,

I am looking to get my driveway machine laid - could you sent me the contact numbers for O'Malley and Morans.

Thanks

Delboy

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

self builder can you pm me prices for sq m and contractors numbers please i'm looking for prices in the south sligo area
    thanks

cavan4sam wrote: »
    self builder can you pm me prices for sq m and contractors numbers please i'm looking for prices in the south sligo area
    thanks

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

this is slightly off topic but does anyone know how much the tarmac is that the councils use to fill holes in the road is?i have a path and a bit of drive to do and as money is tight would like to do it meself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 snowpajero

Hi all, can someone please post up the number for morans tarmac contractors in mayo, can find all the others in phone book, but morans tarmacadam is impossible to find ive heard good things about their work, (super secret CIA tarmacadam contractors or what!!!)
    Thanks in advance.................snow pajero

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Got a driveway and road in to house done by Mooney and Kirrane last week, really good job, great machinery. Saw a lot of their work before i employed them, other customers were extremely pleased and now I see why. No connection apart from being a very happy customer.

thanks for the reply, ill give them a bell.

hi i'm getting michael harrington to do mine , casey from ballaghadereen area is also good but alas my budget doesnt stretch this far

hi, Casey is coming to price mine around weekend and mooney and kirrane price on monday, I never thought about Harrington, Any harm asking you how much hes doin it for and did you get many quotes

• Advertisement

Hi all, Called about 5 different tarmacadam contractors, one turned up next day measured and gave price on the spot...........about 1500 over price chancing his arm. one other came after a week measured up and jumped into van and never gave quote, gave it a couple of days rang office told id be rang back with quote.....another 2 days nothing......rang office again....pretended she knew nothing and it was all new to her even though we had only spoke days earlier!!
    continously rang another man eventually got answer explained my location ( about 4 miles outside ballina) he knew my road ...claimed he had worked in the area......was on the way would be there before i left for work.........that was Wednesday.......its now Monday...no sign.
    I seriously give up, these f**kers are not busy, just pissed off they cant rip people off anymore like the good old days of 2005!!F.Y.I. to future people who find this thread I have been informed by a man in the construction game (hes seen it all !) the going rate in the day was €14/sq meter now its roughly 10 to 11/ sq meter...I wont be taken for a fool, I will however pay a fair price for a good job.............not happy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

can you re-tarmac over old tarmac or does it have to be taken up first and should it be cheaper or more expensive going over existing tarmac

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

It would be better to remove old tarmac in my oponion but im no expert.

just had michael harrington do my drive this week , sma for great price AND top class work done , no one in sligo area can touch him on price and believe me i've priced a good few , i can highly reccomend him , pics availible for any genuine enquiries

Hi,glad to hear your job went well, can you send on a pic please? Harrington due to do mine at end of month.
    Quick question, I have the whole drive/yard filled with 804 up to the bottom of the curb.
    I take it they will fill it up the rest of the way before they lay the tarmac?
    Michael Harrington priced it and seemed happy enough so I just took it he was doing it.

snowpajero wrote: »
    Hi,glad to hear your job went well, can you send on a pic please? Harrington due to do mine at end of month.
    Quick question, I have the whole drive/yard filled with 804 up to the bottom of the curb.
    I take it they will fill it up the rest of the way before they lay the tarmac?
    Michael Harrington priced it and seemed happy enough so I just took it he was doing it.

hi there just wondering did you get all done and were u happy with the job harrington did ?

Hi, ya all done! Harrington did a great job, very happy .

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lucybousy

hi anyone any number for sma tarmac in the mullingar area please want someone that does very good work

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Thomas Higgins

Hi all,,

i live in Cork, we have contacted over 30 tarmacadam contractors in cork
    each and every one gave ur the run around,,

Buckley Quarries sent there agent out to us,, he gave me a Quote of €30,000 out from drainage and that would of been around another €5000 so TOTAL of €35,000 so been honest thats a joke,,

i stopped at a local guy who had a tarmacadam job done around 5 years ago and still looks like new, asked how much is cost and for a contact number,,

so i contacted Feeney Tarmacadam he was out on the day we agreed on, gave me a price of €14,000 now that makes more sense to me,, here is pictures of my house and i will keep posting as its getting done,, should take around 2 to 3 weeks,, that price covers everything ( Tarmacadam ground work kerbs everything )

Name: Feeney Tarmacadam Address: Ballyduff Upr Waterford Category: Tarmacadam Contractors Phone: (058)60294

tarmacadam25.jpgtarmacadam21.jpgtarmacadam34.jpg
    tarmacadam25.jpgtarmacadam3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

google lehanes in macroom, did a great job for me, my before and after pics are on his website, number 7 and 8

• Advertisement

tinner777 wrote: »
    google lehanes in macroom, did a great job for me, my before and after pics are on his website, number 7 and 8

What price..? What's size was it..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Would you not get the lawn done first?

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Would you not get the lawn done first?

I'm getting landscaping done as soon as its finished..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roibeadk

bbam wrote: »
    Just got a price from Clarkes from Ni. They do a supreme job, they did our last house 6 years ago and it still looks brand new, 10 year guarentee.
    It's Asphalt, machine laid in two layers just like motorways..

Pay peanuts and you get monkeys.. If the house is a keeper then get a good job done..

Hi,

I read this quote and wondered if you had any trouble with Clarkes. They did my drive about 9 years ago. After 6 months I noticed signs of the top surface deteriorating. It's got much worse now. I contacted them 5 months ago and they don't want to know. Is the 10 year warranty standard?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kevin37

Hi Do you have a phone number or Michael Harrington i cant find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eilocon2000

Could you please send me number for Morans & O'Malleys. Hoping to get tarmacadam done shortly. Thanks

Could you please send me number for Morans & O'Malleys. Hoping to get tarmacadam done shortly. Thanks

PM sent with the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

PM sent with the numbers

Could you send me Harringtons number too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 New_Girl

Hi All,
    Does Michael Harrington do drives in Galway city? if so could someone pass me on a number please. Is this tarmac or asphalt? Also, what's the typical cost per m2 now?
    Cheers
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Folks,

Thinking of getting the drive done with Asphalt in the near future, any recommendations for the Cavan / Virginia area and what are the going rates at the moment ?

Thanks in advance !

P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement