Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes Fraud?

• 06-08-2009 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I hope I have the right forum, if not; correct me. On the 3rd August I received 6 email receipts from iTunes telling me that I had been charged a total of roughly €125 for 6 different order. WHat was strange was I hadn't bought a thing and they were not on my iTunes.
    I got in touch with Apple and they said they will not refund me but that I should go to my credit card issuer - BOI and tell them. I did and they say that they won't either because someone hacked my iTunes account probably, and that Apple should refund me.!
    I think the CC are to blame and should do a charge back on Apple. ANy ideas of where I should go, do? ALso, for example, if I buy off amazon. Then someone manages to get into my account after I register and they buy 4000 worth of stock and send it to Nigeria. Do I still have Zero cover?
    Thanks for any feedback.
    Claire

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The bank don't know for sure what happened, so they should at least investigate it. If they don't, tell them you'll contact the regulator next, then the Gardai.

Advertisement