Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Portrait Artist

Options
  • 07-11-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All,
    I'm looking to get some new ink, a bit of script and two portraits. I have been looking around and doing a bit of research into portrait artists, specifically those who have done animal portraits before.

I'm really just looking for some suggestions for artists, I wanna make sure I've viewed all my options before making a decision.

I'm based in Dublin but am willing to travel for the right artist.

Cheers,
    Marie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've seen a couple of animal portraits done by Denise in Snakebite that were fantastic. Was watching her prep for one at the Dublin tattoo convention a year or two ago, and she was saying they were her new favourite thing to do!

Her facebook album has a couple of examples:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.447076330791.240278.354508960791&type=3

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

• Registered Users Posts: 33 spiderlover

Thanks Starlord! she hasn't appeared in any of my searches yet! I think I'll pop into her and have a chat.

I've had some recommendations for Atilla in Wild Cat as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, Atilla is really great too! Denise just popped into my mind because of that chat I had with her, and how enthusiastic she was about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Would have to recommend Attila for me he's as good as anyone in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Is Remis still in Dublin?
    Bsst portrait artist IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'd be going to Remis myself. He's still in Dublin has his own studio up the Dublin mountains now as far as I know.

Thanks guys, I'm booked in for a consultation with atilla on Wednesday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Is it black and grey or colour you're looking at?

For black and grey animal portraits, Matthew James is the person I'd be going to

10375775_679987955372488_417734347_n.jpg
    10611290_1492816594291330_1667957546_n.jpg
    10540234_1400916250128907_1725565191_n.jpg

Thanks mn...do you know where he is based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Thanks mn...do you know where he is based?

He works in No Regrets in London/Cheltenham but seems to do a week in Dublin Ink every 2 or 3 months so probably best check with them, I don't know what the waiting list is like though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement