Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting a new phone

• 12-12-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a smartphone for the first time and I think I'll get an Android one. What's the best one? I heard good things about the Desire and Galaxy S. What phone do you have and is it worth getting? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I've got a Galaxy S updated to the most recent available android firmware, gingerbread. Think Galaxy S Plus in today's market. Its great etc etc...

Tbh, if you want the "best" android phone, there are only a few to consider IMHO. The Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, the Motorola RAZR (Not widely available in this country, tbh..) or the HTC Sensation (Some say this particular forum is populated by "Samsung fanboys" which is why one hears much more about the samsung handsets)

The above are all fine phones and all show android in a positive light

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I have the Desire S it does everything I expect from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Evo3d and I love the fooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

One of the S2 heads myself. :D The phones you'be been recommended are the high end phones of last year, they've been succeeded now with bigger, and more powerful phones now. :D All the phones suggested above (sorry didn't see the name) are all great high end smartphones. It all depends on what your budget is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

LukeS_ wrote: »
    One of the S2 heads myself. :D The phones you'be been recommended are the high end phones of last year, they've been succeeded now with bigger, and more powerful phones now. :D
    Your phone and my phone are from this year ya Lula lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

seanybiker wrote: »
    LukeS_ wrote: »
    One of the S2 heads myself. :D The phones you'be been recommended are the high end phones of last year, they've been succeeded now with bigger, and more powerful phones now. :D
    Your phone and my phone are from this year ya Lula lol.

I know! :D I meant the Galaxy S and Desire which he posted in the OP, so YOU'RE the lula! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

So which one should I get?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jaymac1

BOHtox wrote: »
    So which one should I get?

Nokia 6310i best phone ever

Advertisement