Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are all dog breeds suitable as pets?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

In my opinion the answer to this question requires each dog owner to define 'pet'. For me a big part of it is the challenge of coming up with more and more crazy hair-brained ideas to channel the dogs skills and energy in suitable ways to make the most of what's been bred into them and to avoid those skills being used in ways that are less than desirable. I also use loads of made-up training methods and motivators which constantly evolve to use what I have to my advantage. I take all my cues from the dog's personality and try and figure out what I can use this trait or that trait for. So in my case, yes I think all dog breeds are suitable as pets or at least for as long as my own brain doesn't desert me anyway! This doesn't mean I haven't gone crazy trying to make decisions on what breed to get, it honestly makes it all the harder :pac:

Advertisement