Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

App Idea For Guinness

• 28-10-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi everyone

I'm currently a student in AIT in the higher diploma in computing course. Our main project is to design software to make a business better or more efficient.

My idea is to create a pint rating app for Guinness.

Basically it would work in a similar fashion to trip adviser but be exclusively be for finding the best pint of Guinness no matter where you are.

I have received no feedback from Guinness which is surprising and am hoping to get peoples opinions on the idea and maybe some advice.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's not surprising that Guinness don't want to be involved in an app where their product might get labelled as crap. I kinda thought the whole 'bad pint' thing was a thing of the past thanks to modern quality standards?

It could be an interesting project and you could tap into location based APIs to speed development, but I can't see it being anything but a novelty, sorry. Your target customer is fussy about their pint of Guinness and travels a lot? Can't be a large demographic. Personally I just look for an ex-pat bar or ask someone who looks like an alcoholic. :)

Advertisement