Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What thing??:D:confused:

stick in my arm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

WARNING, MASSIVE MEANINGLESS RANT!!

My best friend is beautiful, stunning. Never short of boys running around after her but she's a little bit on the easy side and although she has no shortage of boys chasing her, boys never seem to stay.

Last week she was texting this boy, never met him before -well call him boy 1. Him and boy 2 came and picked her up. She was under the illusion that boy 1 drove as she told me he was her lift back from portlaoise that weekend. However, boy 2 owns the car. She spent the night drinking and getting stoned with both boys but decided she didn't like boy 1 and is now meeting boy 2 (who in her own words is a knacker). Boy 2 cannot tell his friend boy 1 they're meeting because boy 1 owes boy 2 over 500 euro (drugs).

My friend is in Carlow and decided that today she wants to
    come home - she is laughin about how she's going to make boy 2 come and pick her up in Carlow and bring her home.

She has a habit of this - using people. She doesn't drive but uses her looks to get free lifts home after a night out - will get into the car with anybody and admits to rolling up her dress to get the boyracers attention.

She was meeting my brother for a while during the summer - I warned him about her but he didn't listen. She had him drive her to portlaoise to collect a hair straightner and she would ring him on nights out to bring her home ect. 2 weeks later and despite her looks he decides he can't stand her.

One night me and her were out I was texting my brother off her phone to come pick me up, and he replied with "I'll bring u home, I'm not bringin her home". She took this to mean he'd collect her and not me and laughed about it. When my brother arrived he was like get in an when she went to get in too he told her rather bluntly that he wasn't going out her direction - and she freaked out at him and hasn't spoken to him since.

She text me a few weeks ago to tell me about a horrible taxi driver who only brought her to the top of her road, and when I asked her why, she said "because he was a c- word I don't use" then she says she didn't have the money to pay him and that's why he put her out and she says "I wouldn't mind but he was passing my house".

The barman in our local is mad about her. The last night I was drinking with her, the barman brought out a free shot for her and a free shot for me... She laughed about it and when we were almost done she asked him for "anymore free drink" and I was so embarrased when he replied "they weren't free. I bought them".

I love my friend I just find it vile that she acts like this.

she sounds like a gobsh1te tbh, would have zero time for someone like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just got an email with my name spelt wrong.

My name is Orla and the person who emailed me spelt it Oral :D

Silly, but made me smile :)

You've got a beautiful name :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Right! So I'm officially giving up on today, I never bail on work on Thursdays but that's it, I'm done. I stabbed the palm of my hand with a very pointy cake tool, the blister on the burnt finger above it is charming, and the cut that I caught from the scissors keeps opening every time I move my right hand. Bloody cakes are not so popular so couch, CSI and tea for the forseeable future. Feel like I'm off school sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    Right! So I'm officially giving up on today, I never bail on work on Thursdays but that's it, I'm done. I stabbed the palm of my hand with a very pointy cake tool, the blister on the burnt finger above it is charming, and the cut that I caught from the scissors keeps opening every time I move my right hand. Bloody cakes are not so popular so couch, CSI and tea for the forseeable future. Feel like I'm off school sick!

cake related injuries, who'd have thunk it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

When you're having a day like that it's a day for the couch anyway.

Feel chilly right to my toes reading about the cut bleeding ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dolorous wrote: »
    Some guy screamed 'fúck you!' repeatedly in my face yesterday evening on my way to the train station. Never seen him before in my life, it was really intimidating, f-ing nutjob :mad: I'm like catnip to those people.

Cannot wait for this week to be over, I've been going for nearly two weeks straight either at work or college, I need a break!

I seem to be a magnet for people like that also.. I was walking home from college one day a couple of years back and some eejit though it was okay to just shout "waaaahh!" in my face. Scared the life outta me because it was dark at the time.. :o
    bubblefett wrote: »
    5 years together with the OH today :)

Congratulations bubblefett! :D
    WARNING, MASSIVE MEANINGLESS RANT!!

Jeez being friends with someone like that would wreck my head! :eek:

How are we all today?

Getting chips later and I'm fairly certain I'm going to see Noel Gallagher with my brother tomorrow night. Looking forward to it because I really like his album. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

When you're having a day like that it's a day for the couch anyway.

Feel chilly right to my toes reading about the cut bleeding ugh

I'm the only one that can do the work though and it all has to be done by Saturday morning so it's a bit stressful to know I'm temporarily bailing on it. The joys of being self employed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Bagel, om nom nom. :)

Ever feel really hungry but NOTHING sounds nice enough to eat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Yes! I feel like that a lot! The other night I was starving but nothing in the presses was appealing to me. So I ended up eating a packet of White Buttons while thinking, "These are not doing it for me at all" but I couldn't stop eating them 'cause that would be food failure. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Finally booked my NCT. Sure it's only been due since August...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

All the time, but I eventually just accept that I can't be that hungry if nothing at all is appealing to me.

The seams of my socks are really irritating my toes. I hate that. I usually wear them inside out for that very reason, but I was obviously still asleep getting dressed this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Eeeeek! Me and my boyfriend got kicked out of his house last night so he's gonna be stayin with me for a few nights :/

He was in college doing an assignment and we didn't get back to his til 11:15. When we got to his, he decided he was hungry and took a chicken fillet out of the freezer and put it in the microwave to defrost.

His mam then came in and went absolutely mental, like i've never seen her like this in 2 years! Called him a f*ucking b**tard and told him to pack his bags and get out, and not to come back! OVER A FRIGGIN CHICKEN FILLET!! She said we eat everything in the house, we ALWAYS buy our own food in tescos and then cook it ourselves,and clean up after ourselves.

So we had missed last bus and it's a 3 hour walk to mine,at least. With my dodgy knees it would take longer. So we started walking and thought we'd try get last luas, we were walking the other direction though. So we legged it to the luas, took 40minutes and my knees were about to break. He needs it bike for college so he brought that and tried get it on the luas, no luck! So I got the luas and he cycled and met me in town, we got some maccy d's and strolled for a bit, I got a taxi and he cycled the rest of the way.

Left his at 11:45 got to mine about 2:30!

She completely freaked out over nothing and it wasn't fair on him! She threw my coat at me aswell, like wdf?! GRRRRR! So now he's gonna be in a bad mood, he doesn't seem to want to talk about it though.

I'm kinda in a bad mood over it too :(

She freaked out that he was cooking his own chicken fillet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Just got an email with my name spelt wrong.

My name is Orla and the person who emailed me spelt it Oral :D

Silly, but made me smile :)

That happens to me all the time!! :P
    You've got a beautiful name :D
    I agree ;)
    Eeeeek! Me and my boyfriend got kicked out of his house last night so he's gonna be stayin with me for a few nights :/

He was in college doing an assignment and we didn't get back to his til 11:15. When we got to his, he decided he was hungry and took a chicken fillet out of the freezer and put it in the microwave to defrost.

His mam then came in and went absolutely mental, like i've never seen her like this in 2 years! Called him a f*ucking b**tard and told him to pack his bags and get out, and not to come back! OVER A FRIGGIN CHICKEN FILLET!! She said we eat everything in the house, we ALWAYS buy our own food in tescos and then cook it ourselves,and clean up after ourselves.

So we had missed last bus and it's a 3 hour walk to mine,at least. With my dodgy knees it would take longer. So we started walking and thought we'd try get last luas, we were walking the other direction though. So we legged it to the luas, took 40minutes and my knees were about to break. He needs it bike for college so he brought that and tried get it on the luas, no luck! So I got the luas and he cycled and met me in town, we got some maccy d's and strolled for a bit, I got a taxi and he cycled the rest of the way.

Left his at 11:45 got to mine about 2:30!

She completely freaked out over nothing and it wasn't fair on him! She threw my coat at me aswell, like wdf?! GRRRRR! So now he's gonna be in a bad mood, he doesn't seem to want to talk about it though.

I'm kinda in a bad mood over it too :(

Sorry to hear about that OKayWhatever, hope you are alright. Sounds like an odd situation alright!

She freaked out that he was cooking his own chicken fillet?

Yep! At 11:15pm!!

Wow mommy b crazy!!

Does she have a problem with him having people stay over or something?

Wow mommy b crazy!!

Does she have a problem with him having people stay over or something?

No, we always stay in each others houses! She's always fine with having me there, we get on so well! They didn't have an argument or anything like that, before it happened that could have made her mad! There was nothing, she just went mental! :confused:

No, we always stay in each others houses! She's always fine with having me there, we get on so well! They didn't have an argument or anything like that, before it happened that could have made her mad! There was nothing, she just went mental! :confused:

Is it possible she had something else on her mind or that was pissing her off and just took it out on you guys?

• Advertisement

Lola92 wrote: »
    Is it possible she had something else on her mind or that was pissing her off and just took it out on you guys?

I dunno, maybe.But she hasn't made any contact with him yet to apologize or explain the situation or anything, so we kinda ruled that out based on that.

It's gonna be so awkward for a while! It's not even my place to text her, and it would make him mad if I did. So I can't even try sort it out!

God OW, sounds like she was just having a horrible night -- no doubt shell be begging the boy to come home as soon as she calms down

I dunno, maybe.But she hasn't made any contact with him yet to apologize or explain the situation or anything, so we kinda ruled that out based on that.

It's gonna be so awkward for a while! It's not even my place to text her, and it would make him mad if I did. So I can't even try sort it out!

Yeah maybe just give her a bit of space and she'll come around in a couple of days hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

From her outburst and the fact that she hasn't apologied, it sounds like she has been wanting him to move out for a while but never expressed it until it all exploded last night :eek:

Dolorous wrote: »
    From her outburst and the fact that she hasn't apologied, it sounds like she has been wanting him to move out for a while but never expressed it until it all exploded last night :eek:

Oh God! Ya really think?? :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Yeh or else she's going through the menopause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hopefully not, but sometimes mothers are bad at expressing themselves! The alternative is that she might be menopausal... my friend's mother basically turned into a different person when she went through it, it was a bad time for them both but they're grand now.

Edit: what Stenchy said

Yeh or else she's going through the menopause.

Thats what my mam said too! That it's menopause!

Hopefully it was just a bad day and it'll get sorted soon! Hopefully she isn't as stubborn as he can be sometimes!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Acoshla wrote: »

V.4 - The one where the cakes struck back! :D

Hope you're cake related injuries will be better soon Acoshla!

I have a lovely chocolate slice waiting in the fridge for me for after my dinner :) all this talk of cake lately has made me want some so bad!

My mum is way too good to me. She's paying for me to get my hair done tomorrow, haven't had it done since my birthday in November, basically due to not having enough time or money. So it's a real treat! And it means I'll be going to the cinema with the boy from work having really nice hair :D

Winning all round today, finished my next essay to the point where I'd happily hand it in tomorrow, even though it's not due til Tuesday. And now I get to work on my next essay. I'm finally getting to the point where I'm thinking that I can do this. There's been moments in the past couple of weeks where I think about the amount of work there is this semester and I just want to throw in the towel. But I'm surviving, and for today anyway, I'm winning!

• Advertisement

A little experiment following our discussion on nail polish ages ago.

Nail Polish used: Jessica - Regal Red.
    Base and Top coat used: Sinful.
    Nails painted: Last wednesday.

Left hand: 1 base coat
    2 colour coats
    1 top coat

8 days later -- miniiiscule shrinking on index fingernail and ring fingernail. No chips.

Right hand: 1 basecoat and 2 colour coats
    (not capped)
    8 days later - little bit of shrinking on thumb. A lot of shrinking on baby finger. Quite obvious chips on index middle and ring finger.

So, I guess it looks like it depends on the quality of the polish and the use of top coats to get the best out of a nail paint.

I'm gonna take it off now and use a Chanel polish in black to see how well that one lasts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement