Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

lnb bracket....

• 21-04-2005 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

got a dual lnb for a mate , but his existing single lnb seems an 'all in one job' lnb and bracket joined together.....so could not use existing bracket to attach the new lnb .

looking to buy a bracket to hold this lnb and all i can find are multi brackets .....anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Isn't the bracket quite specific to the dish?

Not only is the fixture specific to the LNB arm, but, more importantly, the angle at which the LNB sits in the bracket would be specific to the dish geometry.

I have a new multifeed bracket for my triax dish, and I have the original single LNB bracket to spare, but it would only fit on a triax dish. Nevertheless, you can have it if you want it.

Cheers,
    JP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭toonarmy

this is for a 3/4 year old s*y dish ...? would it work ? ,

cos before i put a dual lnb on a lidl dish using existing bracket with no probs ,

a quad lnb [with bracket supplied]on a s*y dish with no probs ..

therefore i'm hoping your bracket should do the job??

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm you're gonna have trouble with that, as Sky minidishes only (by right) use LNB's specifically designed for them.

You could, I suppose get your hands on a bracket, if you know somebody who doesn't want a "Skyware" branded LNB, as this is the only Sky LNB I know of that had a bracket seperate to the LNB itself (1 of the quads did too).

Advertisement