Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ninja Scroll Movie, is basically the Film which inspired Sword of the Stranger. It's an Oldie, but it's also the one that got me started on my Love for Anime.

Ditto for me for anime movies.

Cowboy Bebop was similarly my intro to anime series.

Unlike a lot of stuff that I've seen way in the past and have fond memories of, both absolutely still hold up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I normally get crap for saying it, but I don't like Ninja Scroll, it's just OTT violence and not much plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Links234 wrote: »
    I normally get crap for saying it, but I don't like Ninja Scroll, it's just OTT violence and not much plot.

boo-this-man-o.gif

iJIW89B.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Haha, that's kinda what sold it to me as a teenager. It was more outrageously violent than something with real actors ever could be.

• Advertisement

It's grand as just some silly violent action movie, but I just don't see why it's so well regarded. Same director as wicked city, which is a horrid trashy movie, but some folks like that too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

So far, Sabagebu is my favorite out of the currently airing shows.

fWHEtze.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Thanks for mentioning these great shows, I've been looking for something to watch since Kill La Kill ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Anyone know a good random comedy in the current airing, or is there even one? Seems a focus on action and idols....

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Anyone know a good random comedy in the current airing, or is there even one? Seems a focus on action and idols....

^ see my above comment. Sabagebu. It's basically making fun of C3...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 GinoS

Right now I'm watching Space Dandy (second season), Zankyou no Terror (1st ep) and Tokyo Ghoul (2nd ep).

I love Space Dandy and the other two are looking good so I'm eager to see how they continue.

Just caught up on the first 3 Tokyo Ghoul episodes, really liking it.

Watching a bit more of Bakemonogatari, the Monkey arc, but I'm still not too gone on it. :o

Watching a bit more of Bakemonogatari, the Monkey arc, but I'm still not too gone on it. :o

Kanbaru is awesome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Zankyou no Terror has all of my hype, the two episodes that have aired so far have been unbelievable, looking forward to the rest.

I'm also watching Aldnoah.Zero, Barakamon, Space Dandy 2, Hanayamata, SAO 2 and Akame ga Kill. I'm not sold on Tokyo Ghoul yet to be honest, I'm not sure if I'll stick with it. I've already dropped Glasslip. I loved Nagi no Asukara, and was hoping for another great PA Works series, but it just hasn't interested me at all.

Finished Steins;Gate the other day too, probably the best anime I've watched so far, I absolutely loved it.

G.J. wrote: »
    Finished Steins;Gate the other day too, probably the best anime I've watched so far, I absolutely loved it.
    Woo! Seriously incredible show! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just watched Trigun Badlands Rumble. Really enjoyed it. May give Trigun a second chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

i am currently reading one piece, done on its latest chapter, can't wait for the next one.

right now, i'm watching B gata H kei ~ i don't love etchi at all but this one is caught my attention.

eyeshield 21 episode 78, i'm kinda lost on track on this anime, but still love it ~ Yaha!

Capeta, simply cool! my blood pumps faster everytime each episode climb at it's climax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I'm so behind! I finally got to watch a few more episodes of Attack on Titan. I'm only about ep 15 now. Life got so busy there for a while and it was a choice between anime, reading books, playing on Steam and sleep.

But now we seem to have settled back into our Saturday morning routine, which is my wife watches DIY programmes on tv and I watch Crunchyroll on my phone :)

Has anyone watched the start of the Sailor Moon reboot? I think I'm going to add that to my list as it's only on every other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GinoS

Really enjoying Zankyou no Terror. Feels like I'm watching Death Note for the first time again. Great suspense and everything just fits perfectly.

Tokyo Ghoul is a fun one for in between. Interested to see where the story is heading.

Space Dandy was perfect again, one of my faves of all time

• Advertisement

I've said it before, but this week it's really evident. Sabagebu has the *best* MC ever:

dG9CijX.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

GinoS wrote: »
    Really enjoying Zankyou no Terror. Feels like I'm watching Death Note for the first time again. Great suspense and everything just fits perfectly.

Tokyo Ghoul is a fun one for in between. Interested to see where the story is heading.

Space Dandy was perfect again, one of my faves of all time

Zankyou is great.

yeah, Zankyou no Terror is wat toooo coooollllll! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Watching Blood+ and Gatchaman. Watched the Rurouni Kenshin live action movie last night, iys pretty good.

Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill have been added to Netflix UK and Ireland.

Dunno what came to me, but I’m watching tora dora now, cause my girl beg me to watch it, at first I thought it sucks (like mostly all romance anime I’ve watched, but for some reasons I like it) aha

Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill have been added to Netflix UK.

Saw that, really hope this means Anime Limited will be putting their stuff up there now. And these are 2 of their licensed series they haven't even released physical copies of, fair play to them for canabalizing their own sales a bit to broaden the release. Whereas the likes of MangaUK would be scoffing and breaking series into individual episode DVD's to counter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Saw that, really hope this means Anime Limited will be putting their stuff up there now. And these are 2 of their licensed series they haven't even released physical copies of, fair play to them for canabalizing their own sales a bit to broaden the release. Whereas the likes of MangaUK would be scoffing and breaking series into individual episode DVD's to counter it.

More likely it was Aniplex, they have all of yheir stuff available for streaming between all the US services, still Manga need to buck up, they add the first part of the Wall guide with AoT 1 but don't have the second part with the second set.

Doesn't help that Manga are pushing that stupid Ashens movie harder than any anime I've seen recently including Attack on Titan which should be their biggest seller this year.

I dunno, but looked into it and all the original reviews (all 360+) are back up on Gurren Lagann. Maybe the license had just expired and since whoever released it originally went kaput, when Anime Limited came along it was just reactivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Dunno what came to me, but I’m watching tora dora now, cause my girl beg me to watch it, at first I thought it sucks (like mostly all romance anime I’ve watched, but for some reasons I like it) aha

TORADORA!!!!!! <3<3

I recently finished rereading Lovely Complex. Anyone reading Adekan? So much shounen-ai~<3

• Advertisement

mrkite77 wrote: »
    I've said it before, but this week it's really evident. Sabagebu has the *best* MC ever:

dG9CijX.png

I caught up on this over the weekend, best comedy of the season (but not much competition).

Advertisement