Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

*giggles girlishly* oh you! :o shucks Acoshla, I wished I lived near too, and not just to hide under your kitchen window to catch the tasty cake offcuts:p

I have to nip to get some lemsip (placebo lemony yuk if you ask me) for the poor OH's mum who's sick, but I'll be back shortly. I've missed this thread! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Acoshla wrote: »
    Nope not going into Galway at all, was there on Monday!

Ah man and I was working when I should not have been working so could have done with cake! Well next time if you want to get rid of any, I'd be more than happy to oblige!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Daisies wrote: »
    Ah man and I was working when I should not have been working so could have done with cake! Well next time if you want to get rid of any, I'd be more than happy to oblige!

So selfless of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dam,our boiler is leaking oil so no heating for us tonight until the plumber sorts it and its freezing :(:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Smarties Cake: €1.35
    Ben and Jerry's Phish Food: €2.99
    3 Kit Kat Peanut Butter: €2
    Reese's Cups: €1

The satisfaction of a successful shopping trip: Priceless

BUT
    The knowledge that I can't eat the Cake or Ice Cream until tomorrow: Torture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

I am crying and i don't know for sure why if i'm totally honest.. i'm one for delayed reactions, something happens i.e. death and i'll cry then and at funeral but it usually doesnt hit me for weeks after,, break up,, upset/ angry at time and again hits me much later on full on..

A few things i'm thinking of that maybe the trigger but i absolutely hate feeling this way when at same time i feel nothings happened.
    My grannys death in october, saw her day before she died and i spoke to her and im thinking that prob didnt help but i havent been to where she lived since although alot of my family live there.. i could say i didnt have alot of free time but more when i go, i know she's not there and it'll all come back and hit.
    me and the boy in december, vented vented and vented plenty but still it hit me later... im sure i'm over it cos it wasnt anything big but still!!

My brother has moved to another country...

My best friend hasnt spoken to me in a month and i dont know if this is down to him being busy or something i've done and i have initiated contact but he's not replying.

this might just be a phase of me feeling absolutely shi*e and I could be fine next week but at moment i just want to stay in bed. I'll be fine one day and go with anything and next i might want to stay in bed. this has been like this a while but feeling worse the last 2 weeks.

I dropped dinner earlier, got slightly hit by hot food, not bad but i had to go to room and cry about it.. wasnt working and now have to and that has put me to tears.

we dont do crying in my house so i'm getting out of here assap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, my boyfriend has gotten time off work so he can come to the U.K with me to visit my dad and siblings in two weeks :D

Booking flights tonight :D

So excited :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Singing went well again made progress, im happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

So freakin' cold. And I want food, but I don't really have any, grr :(

Anyone else looking forward to summer? I just miss the sun!

• Advertisement

EmilyO wrote: »
    So freakin' cold. And I want food, but I don't really have any, grr :(

Anyone else looking forward to summer? I just miss the sun!
    There's never any sun in Ireland to miss, IMO.

We might get one or a few days of sun, but that's it usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

There's never any sun in Ireland to miss, IMO.

We might get one or a few days of sun, but that's it usually.

Well that's true, but I live naively in hope of a heatwave :p

EmilyO wrote: »
    Well that's true, but I live naively in hope of a heatwave :p
    :D:D:D

Chinese for dinner again tonight, whoop! Yaaaaaaay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

Today a mixed bunch of emotion! happy, excited but also also anxious and nervous argghhh

I'm in love and with love everything that comes with it! giddy excitement, happiness sharing those special moments with someone you care about! I am overwhelmed I'm either in lust or love I think at the minute a bit of both!! but truly if I admit to myself am hell over heels as the saying goes...

but... he lives 4000miles away!! I am slightly bitter at this very fact purely based on the fact that I had forgotten how good it feels to love somebody! god I'm a tad bit OTT (I'd nearly desert myself at the minute I'm so lovesick!)

So I'm having ''why me moment'' or FML Fcuken Typical! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

nicechick! wrote: »
    Today a mixed bunch of emotion! happy, excited but also also anxious and nervous argghhh

I'm in love and with love everything that comes with it! giddy excitement, happiness sharing those special moments with someone you care about! I am overwhelmed I'm either in lust or love I think at the minute a bit of both!! but truly if I admit to myself am hell over heels as the saying goes...

but... he lives 4000miles away!! I am slightly bitter at this very fact purely based on the fact that I had forgotten how good it feels to love somebody! god I'm a tad bit OTT (I'd nearly desert myself at the minute I'm so lovesick!)

So I'm having ''why me moment'' or FML Fcuken Typical! :)

I have it easy so, my boyfriend is only 2500 miles away!

It's not easy but it can work really well if you both want it to. It is a permanent thing though? Me and my boyfriend get through it knowing one of us will move to be with the other by next year at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ivy, those bibs and stuff you made are adorable! I'm annoyed I don't have a sewing machine now because I really want to try something like that. I might try hand sewing something at some stage. Currently trying to knit wrist warmer things by modifying a fingerless glove pattern.. Not sure if it'll work but I'm giving it a go.

krudler, hope the interview goes well! And let us know if you did it pant-less. ;)

MsAllyBear - I hope you're okay hun, you sound like you're having a really tough time at the moment. PM open if you need it. *hugs for you*

Oh dear, Arsenal are losing 1-0.. Poor bf ain't happy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i dont understand wednesdays! im always so depressed

its beyond a joke now :(

its my wednesday slump!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tantrum child makes Mama tired. Crapsticks, can he make himself a the deadest of dead weights when he wants to. Drinking coffee now while himself plays Skyrim.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

has steak will travel

mines medium i think
    black on the outside and pink on the inside
    nom

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    has steak will travel

You're so nice, I like mine rare.

em how did my reply to you getposted before you lol

bluewolf wrote: »
    em how did my reply to you getposted before you lol

Temporal shift.

i knew all my quantum physics lectures would come in handy some day!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Allybear, I hope you feel better soon. Feeling down is just horrible- everything seems so blue at times like that. xx

Krudler- a video interview?? I've never heard of them before. Why don't they have face to face interviews, is it for a job far away or something? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I had myself a nice chinese there with my boyfriend, feet is up.

Now so if anyone knows any science jobs out there gimme a bell!

i have leftover calories and no cake :(

eat ALL the biscuits!

(i'd love another steak though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

jesus, had electrolysis today, and it hurt a lot more than usual! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Might be getting chinese tomorrow night and there's also a possibility of me going to Noel Gallagher on Friday night with my brother because his friend may not be able to go with him. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement