Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTÉ in Northern Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If there is a good film on do you seriously think that anyone is going to switch it off just because it is on RTE. ?

I amn't going to go down this road but for some reason I don't think Ian Paisley is going to be tuning in. (Fair enough he is very extreame, and is only one example I can come up with).

People down this side who aren't pro-irish lanuage find it difficult to watch TG4, even when they do show some of the best shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Elmo wrote:
    I amn't going to go down this road but for some reason I don't think Ian Paisley is going to be tuning in.

Why not? Didn't his daughter do some presenting for RTE a few years ago? And he might watch to see what the "enemy" is up to! :D

Seriously, you can't discount unionists watching, but yes, in UK terms, 1.7 million is small - only about 2% of the UK as a whole.

I don't think Paisley will be tuning in for the Angelus, however!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Richard wrote:
    Why not? Didn't his daughter do some presenting for RTE a few years ago? And he might watch to see what the "enemy" is up to! :D

Yes, Rhonda presented "Saturday Live" sometime in the 1980's.... and no, Big Ian didn't watch the show..... because he was on it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yes, Rhonda presented "Saturday Live" sometime in the 1980's.... and no, Big Ian didn't watch the show..... because he was on it!

Yes this is very True. But Ian isn't the biggest fan of RTE reporters etc.
    I don't think Paisley will be tuning in for the Angelus, however!

Maybe he needs some reflection time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Scottish paddy

Well if you drive around Belfast it is suprising how many RTÉ aerials you see in "Loyalist" areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭weehamster

Im just wondering, is RTE2 in NI now showing the premiereship live or is it blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

Premiership was blocked on RTE NI

Advertisement