Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

carasiorai wrote: »
    The questions I asked them basically invited them to promote themselves, but they didn't go out of their way tbh. The partner might try a little harder on that front.

One thing I found was that people's experiences seemed to differ massively in Deloitte, some good, some not so good. Hopefully you'll get lucky and have more enthusiastic interviewers than I did.

I hope so also . I have nothing to lose, so I am going to go in and get answers whatever the case may be . I already have an offer from a place I really want , but Deloitte used to be my first choice . We'll see how it goes .

Thank you for the information . I hope you are feeling good about your impending decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trainee15

LingoBill wrote: »
    Has anybody received offers yet from PwC advisory? I had my interview last Thursday. I was wondering how quickly they usually reply?

Have you heard from them yet? i had mine last tuesday and still no word

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭questions007

2 people in my class heard from Deloitte almost straight away after their interview, to offer them contracts

I'm assuming 2016 joining? Your friends interviewed for?
    Was this consulting?

trainee15 wrote: »
    Have you heard from them yet? i had mine last tuesday and still no word

Same here.

Was it for consulting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Tax salary without masters €24,000 said it might change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 gradl94

haro124 wrote: »
    Tax salary without masters €24,000 said it might change

Which firm does this apply to?

gradl94 wrote: »
    Which firm does this apply to?
    KPMG

Same here.

Was it for consulting?

Nope assurance

By any chance was anyone called for Deloitte Consulting interview for immediate/near future joining dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

By any chance was anyone called for Deloitte Consulting interview for immediate/near future joining dates?

I was, but couldn't make any of the interview dates. Then they sent me a rejection email for the 2016 start program, oddly.

• Advertisement

snicket wrote: »
    I was, but couldn't make any of the interview dates. Then they sent me a rejection email for the 2016 start program, oddly.

Can you please shed some lights on the dates?
    When did they call you? Last week?

And, when did you get the rejection?

Do you know anyone who has been told that they've been selected yet?

Can you please shed some lights on the dates?
    When did they call you? Last week?

And, when did you get the rejection?

Do you know anyone who has been told that they've been selected yet?

I can't remember the dates specifically but they were all between the 3rd and 9th November (the time I was away for).

Week before last I think, can't remember the day.

Just got the rejection yesterday. I did send them an email saying I'd still like to be considered for the 2016 start if they had any interview slots left.

And, no. But then I don't know anyone else who applied.

Sorry to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

TG860 wrote: »
    Can confirm that EY first years got 24k this year.

Actually we got 21,500 initially but it went up last month. So it's 24 for all first years except advisory. The pay is benchmarked against the other firms. That is why it went up, so they'll all end up similar give or take a little because they tend to move together.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Risk analytic

i just got offers from Deloitte and Glanbia.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RyanDrive

i just got offers from Deloitte and Glanbia.

Well done, just out of curiosity what service line for Deloitte?

Audit

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Question_Asker

Just curious if anyone who was offered EY got any emails or mail from them since? Got an offer over the phone and was told I would be sent something during the week, I suppose they are really busy so it might take some time.

Just curious if anyone who was offered EY got any emails or mail from them since? Got an offer over the phone and was told I would be sent something during the week, I suppose they are really busy so it might take some time.

Got an email yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Question_Asker

Ok Thanks. When did you have your interview/recieve the offer?

• Advertisement

Are people still hearing back from Deloitte?

I was told that latest by today I would hear back. However, I haven't received any feedback as yet.

Ok Thanks. When did you have your interview/recieve the offer?

Had my interview Saturday and got a phone call on Monday

Sorry to hear this.

Did you get contacted about it as well? I got offered KPMG anyway so no skin off my back.

Also, got an interview offer from Accenture today for consulting - are they really as bad as everyone says?

snicket wrote: »
    Did you get contacted about it as well? I got offered KPMG anyway so no skin off my back.

Also, got an interview offer from Accenture today for consulting - are they really as bad as everyone says?

Yes. I did go for the interview. And, I was expecting a reply latest by today based on what they had told me in the interview. :( But apparently they are "still in the process".

And, congratulations on the offers then. You're sorted. :)

I'm really counting on this one. :(

I think that only Accenture really does have the consulting arm. If you are specifically looking into consulting. Bec none of the other Big 4 really 'consult'.
    No idea about company culture though. However, they seem to pay really well (based on what I had read on their website).

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Vancity

I think that only Accenture really does have the consulting arm. If you are specifically looking into consulting. Bec none of the other Big 4 really 'consult'.
    No idea about company culture though. However, they seem to pay really well (based on what I had read on their website).

Deloitte Consulting and EY's Advisory arm are both excellent consulting practices. I would choose either of those over Accenture for growth and future prospects & international opportunities and if you're interested in pursuing an accounting qualification then it would be easier in one of those than it would in Accenture. PWC also have a consulting arm but I know less about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KeyRuin

Anyone got interviews for either Accenture or Musgraves Group?

I know the process for Accenture but not sure what exactly the Musgraves process includes apart from a group task, individual task and an interview. Does anyone have an idea what exactly it entails?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Its a good idea to fully research these companies if you're applying and called for interview. If you reveal a major gap in your knowledge in the interview, it won't do your chances much good. Deloitte maintained their consulting arm following Arthur Anderson and are recognised as one of the biggest & best. PwC are growing extremely strongly in this area, while EY and KPMG are likewise growing. Anyone of the Big4 would rightly be insulted if you said they "didn't really consult".

TLDR - prepare for the interview, have some idea of what the company does.

I have received offer from Deloitte and they are mailing the offer letter. Does anyone have any idea what is in the offer letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I have received offer from Deloitte and they are mailing the offer letter. Does anyone have any idea what is in the offer letter?
    What is received in the post should just be the hard copy of what's in the email

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    Actually we got 21,500 initially but it went up last month. So it's 24 for all first years except advisory. The pay is benchmarked against the other firms. That is why it went up, so they'll all end up similar give or take a little because they tend to move together.

did advisory stay at 21,500? Also, does anyone know what grant thornton pay?

Advertisement