Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My impromptu(ish) version of Penn and Teller's Shadow Rose

• 01-04-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I have been working on this for a while, but I have finally come up with a nearly impromptu version of Penn and Teller's shadow rose effect.

It's not totally impromptu, because of course you need a vase of flowers and a strong light to project the shadow. But this can be done with nearly any type of flower (Anything that has smallish petals, this will not work for the likes of tulips). The flowers require hardly any setup, so you should be able to preform it using someone else's vase. Obviously this will only be suitable for dinner parties and the like. I commonly preform it by putting the vase on a table near the wall and tilting a lamp towards it.

One of the major restrictions with my version is it will not work if the lamp uses those new energy saving bulbs (The ones where the glass is kinda coiled) you need to use one of the older ones (Which most people have anyway)

I don't think I will be able to sell this effect as it is a Penn and Teller item obviously, but I am more than willing to share the method with any forum members of good standing (IE anyone that strikes me as having a serious interest in magic)

If you have not seen the effect, Penn and Tellers version is HERE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un1pNtmYguA

My version is here : <clipped> (As you can see there are one or two kinks that need to be ironed out, but I have a couple of ideas)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Blast! Can't watch Youtube in work. I'll try and get a look at it over the weekend. I've always liked that one. Congrats in advance man. Hope you get the kinks (that I can't blooming see yet) ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

April fools is one thing but Rick Rolling normally earns a ban, in this case its just an infraction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement