Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch Dogs

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Is this being released solely on next gen, or is it a dual release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Is this being released solely on next gen, or is it a dual release?

Current and next gen. Even Wii U is getting a look-in!

PC Gamer mag has a small article on the integral hacking element in the game. Sounds rather interesting imo, as it isn't just used as a means of opening a door/accessing a file or whatever.
    “It’s not about the minigame that will let me open the door, it’s the fact that I’m making a plan,” Gray said. “I’m making a plan of how I’m going to chain hacking, shooting, traveling the city and driving to achieve an objective.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Anyone see the gameplay clip from Jimmy Fallon last night?
    The graphics look really poor for next gen, especially compared to the previous clips of it. It was shown running live on a ps4.
    Very disappointing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Certainly doesn't look as slick as previous clips, though most of them were at night were you have all sorts of lighting and reflections at play.

Framerate was definitely choppy but they should have a bit more time to optimise the engine before November's release (or whenever the PS4's version is out)

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Framerate was definitely choppy but they should have a bit more time to optimise the engine before November's release (or whenever the PS4's version is out)

A lot of flat textures too, when hes going up the scissor-lift it looks horrid.
    Compared to the graphics of Killzone 4, BF4 and Infamous, it looks last-gen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Scylla wrote: »
    A lot of flat textures too, when hes going up the scissor-lift it looks horrid.
    Compared to the graphics of Killzone 4, BF4 and Infamous, it looks last-gen.

They said it's been in development for 5 years and it is coming to current gen consoles so maybe they ported it to the next gen consoles late and didn't redo the graphics and textures. If it looks great on the PC there is no excuse for it looking poor on the next gen consoles though.

They said it's been in development for 5 years and it is coming to current gen consoles so maybe they ported it to the next gen consoles late and didn't redo the graphics and textures. If it looks great on the PC there is no excuse for it looking poor on the next gen consoles though.

I think the first 2 clips were PC footage, the drop in quality with the last clip on consoles is fairly drastic so might stick with the PC version.

Multiplayer clip from PS4 released earlier too:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

From the Jimmy Fallon demo, it still looked good but was amazed how the actress seemed to know more and was more outspoken about the game than the dev!

The multiplayer looks like a good crack. Hacking definitely looks more fun than being hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,636 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

sheehy83 wrote: »
    From the Jimmy Fallon demo, it still looked good but was amazed how the actress seemed to know more and was more outspoken about the game than the dev!

The multiplayer looks like a good crack. Hacking definitely looks more fun than being hacked.

Her names Aisha Tyler she hosted the Ubisoft conference th last 2 years and is a massive gamer so guessing having been involved as a voice artist and her connections with ubisoft shes managed to play it a bit during development which would explain her knowledge and excitement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Definitely getting this for PS4, looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

VinLieger wrote: »
    Her names Aisha Tyler she hosted the Ubisoft conference th last 2 years and is a massive gamer so guessing having been involved as a voice artist and her connections with ubisoft shes managed to play it a bit during development which would explain her knowledge and excitement

Aisha Tyler is awesome
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/37557/aisha-tyler-to-haters-i-don-t-need-to-do-it-for-the-money

• Registered Users Posts: 17,636 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Penn wrote: »

Yeah loved that letter to all the ignorant ****s last year complaining about a woman doing the ubi press conference who had no idea about games etc

The fact that she referenced GAF dicks and Gamespot trolls in that makes me fall in love with her

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Since you were a twinge in the left side of your daddy's underoos.

Brilliant, she has a new fan!

She's great. First became aware of her in Archer and as a result Netflix recommended a stand-up show of hers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I knew I recognized her from somewhere, she was in Friends back yonder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its 28.99 on g2play atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So you see yourself as the main character and the other player sees a random skin, and visa versa.

Varik wrote: »
    So you see yourself as the main character and the other player sees a random skin, and visa versa.

I assume theres more too it than just find and chase the hacker, it doesnt exactly scream longevity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Don't know why but when I look at Watch_Dogs i'm reminded of them old Assassins Creed 1 trailers. It looked so new and exciting on a new machine but it failed to deliver on what it promised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭C14N

^I'm reminded of Assassin's Creed because I'm dreading that Ubisoft will milk this one dry with way too many games. By Assassin's Creed 3, I barely even cared any more which is a shame because Assassin's Creed 2 was one of my favourites this gen.

Seriously though, I hope this turns out to be pretty good. There's a little to much of the "technology as magic" stuff but that could still be fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Watch_Dogs Gameplay Series Part 1_Hacking is Your Weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

It's silly that you need to hack the ctos place to hack other things in the area.
    Why can you hack something which should be insanely protected so easily, yet you can't get into someone's phone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I really hope this game won't be a disappointment, I'm really looking forward to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

kristannah wrote: »
    beat it, it was pretty awesome!!

The game wont be released for another month and a half :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

kristannah wrote: »
    beat it, it was pretty awesome!!
    Yes im in agreement. By the way, did you know you can get free IPADS @ [insert virus]. Yea totally! Also, i make 650000 dollars a month from my own bathtub!

On a side note, don't know whether to go for day one release or wait awhile for reviews to filter in :/

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Yes im in agreement. By the way, did you know you can get free IPADS @ [insert virus]. Yea totally! Also, i make 650000 dollars a month from my own bathtub!

On a side note, don't know whether to go for day one release or wait awhile for reviews to filter in :/

Gonna wait till xmas I think,Have a bad feeling its not gonna live up to hype :(,I have exams the week after also :pac:

Advertisement