Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TUF 19 - Penn, Edgar + Pendred & Fields! **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

$ausage$ wrote: »
    ... plus to say Dana white would not have a list of 100 guys who would have come and fought KA-HAL on a days notice is a bit much for me, kind of made me feel like it was a storyline!

None of those 100 names would have time to go through the strict vetting process necessary before they will risk putting them on national television though. They had a short list of alternates and it was just one of those things that none of them were able to step up when the opportunity arose. They may look to make better arrangements for such an outcome for future shows now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JojoD51

Thought the lads did very well on BT last night, came across very well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Just a heads-up for anyone who set this up to record with the 'series link' thing on their UPC box. It was on BT Sports 1 the last 2 weeks but it's scheduled to be on BT Sports 2 tonight (and at least next week too). As far as I can tell it won't record the episode for you as it is. You'll need to set up the recording again for BT Sports 2.

Come back VHS, all is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,725 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Just a heads-up for anyone who set this up to record with the 'series link' thing on their UPC box. It was on BT Sports 1 the last 2 weeks but it's scheduled to be on BT Sports 2 tonight (and at least next week too). As far as I can tell it won't record the episode for you as it is. You'll need to set up the recording again for BT Sports 2.

Come back VHS, all is forgiven!

It won't record on my sky series link either

Dtp1979 wrote: »

A nice brain-fart moment from someone in BT Sports!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Dtp1979 wrote: »

upc ftw. Just checked and its all set to record

adamski8 wrote: »
    upc ftw. Just checked and its all set to record

Not for me. It's in the TV planner as 'not yet available' on BT Sport 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

cathal and chris definately seem to be getting good airtime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Fair play to Cathal for speaking the Truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Personally thought Dana was a bit harsh about that fight. Monaghan was just awful and Spohn just controlled him on the ground which was his game plan going in.

I think Monaghan himself at the end said "I wasn't even worried about his takedowns".

It wasn't overly exciting but Daniel did what he needed to win the fight and showed some good technique aside from a good stand up game which is what BJ said they'd been working on.

Did find Monaghan's sermon thing quite cringey so hoped he'd lose. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

That_Guy wrote: »
    Personally thought Dana was a bit harsh about that fight. Monaghan was just awful and Spohn just controlled him on the ground which was his game plan going in.

I think Monaghan himself at the end said "I wasn't even worried about his takedowns".

It wasn't overly exciting but Daniel did what he needed to win the fight and showed some good technique aside from a good stand up game which is what BJ said they'd been working on.

Did find Monaghan's sermon thing quite cringey so hoped he'd lose. :pac:

Agree about dana i normally hate some guy's laying on top doing nothing,but i seen worse than this in fact i thought cathal's fight if i'm honest,his wasn't much difference in regard's to not much action was probably more boring than this or at least he wasn't advancing much either,so it seemed very overly harsh to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The fight itself was alright actually. Probably blinded by the fact that Todd was absolutely dominated and I really didn't want him to win. Was a little bit frustrating seeing Spohn on top for as long as he was without striking all that much.

The sermon was really cringey to me. It partly comes down to the fact that when I hear someone preach I begin to pick apart what they are saying and and none of it makes much sense..to me.

By the looks of it Dana was missing for Cathal's fight first time around since he wasn't in the octagon or gave his opinion of the fight afterwards. The style of fight was very similar and I can imagine that he would have found it frustrating just as he did this fight.

The fight itself was alright actually. Probably blinded by the fact that Todd was absolutely dominated and I really didn't want him to win. Was a little bit frustrating seeing Spohn on top for as long as he was without striking all that much.

The sermon was really cringey to me. It partly comes down to the fact that when I hear someone preach I begin to pick apart what they are saying and and none of it makes much sense..to me.

By the looks of it Dana was missing for Cathal's fight first time around since he wasn't in the octagon or gave his opinion of the fight afterwards. The style of fight was very similar and I can imagine that he would have found it frustrating just as he did this fight.

I'm not bragging but I've a 2013 jaguar.

You are bragging, that is the very definition of bragging you bellend

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was fully sure spohn was gonna finish that on the feet. I thought Dana was a bit harsh saying He should have been throwing punches in the last 10 secs. I don't fight but I thought securing the choke was the best decision there.?

Awful listening to how god gave your man a boat and a jag.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was fully sure spohn was gonna finish that on the feet. I thought Dana was a bit harsh saying He should have been throwing punches in the last 10 secs. I don't fight but I thought securing the choke was the best decision there.?

Awful listening to how god gave your man a boat and a jag.

The choke wouldn't of worked but neither would of punching as there was only a few seconds left, the punching just looks more impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 39,010 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I thought Dana was a bit harsh saying He should have been throwing punches in the last 10 secs. I don't fight but I thought securing the choke was the best decision there.?
    Had he locked it in better, the bible badger would have still managed to hold out for 10 seconds.
    Irrelevant in tbis car as he had the fight won, but if it was a clues fight striking is a much better option imo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Still a bit harsh from Dana, he just looked pissed off throughout and when announcing Spohn's name as winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dana can't be the head of a Mixed Martial Arts company and then complain when a guy completely dominates the grappling!

Yeah, he wasn't throwing strikes, but he was using takedowns, passing the guard, getting to mount, threatening with a head and arm choke............. it wasn't the worst fight i've ever seen and I think he over reacted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

If anyone has missed and episode or cant watch for some reason or another keep this link bookmarked, it has every season of TUF(some nations aswell) from the very start and its kept upto date for new episodes aswell.

http://watchseries.ag/serie/the_ultimate_fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Dana can't be the head of a Mixed Martial Arts company and then complain when a guy completely dominates the grappling!

Yeah, he wasn't throwing strikes, but he was using takedowns, passing the guard, getting to mount, threatening with a head and arm choke............. it wasn't the worst fight i've ever seen and I think he over reacted!

Agree 100%, I thought Dana was wrong. The guy went outside his comfort zone and mixed it up. If he didn't they would be harping on about how he would have been dominated by a wrestler etc.

Yeah Spohn could have done a bit more when in control but he wanted to win and not end up being swept so he played it safe. Dana needs to cop on, I know its about entertainment but the competitors are there to win, entertainment comes second IMO. No point in going all out and getting KTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,725 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Is Evander Holyfield in the house under the name Corey Anderson? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Had to fast forward past the preaching part and also the whole group prayer thing in the dressing room always make me grind my teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Look I don't care if someone is religious, even super religious, if it's how you live your life and stay grounded then thats fair enough. But when you start a sermon saying "Life isn't about material possessions." and then proceed to list the material possessions that you have because you have God in your life, then you are a total idiot. Really made me think he's not on the Ultimate Fighter for the right reasons, rather the TV time, a feeling which was furthered by his reaction to losing which was "Meh, it was God's will."

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Tim Williams has a serious chin, unlucky not to win but Lima was my pick to go all the way so hopefully he does!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Matt Van Buren seems like he has a couple of issues looking forward to seeing him get a beatings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

He definitely looked to have the sharper striking, but size wise(and perhaps technique-wise too) he was bullied up against the cage and was wrestled down a few times and held down. But he seized his opportunity and fair play to him did very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

That bloody Olé Olé Olé chanting is worse than a vuvzela.

Would love to see Chris beat VanBuren. Hope he gets the shot at him and does the job.

Advertisement