Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Wire Complete Box Set - Price?

• 15-07-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just wondering how much the box set of The Wire would set me back these days?

It's available for around €50 odd quid on Amazon, so I'm presuming that's the best I could do price wise (for a brand new copy), or have any of you bought it for cheaper in a bricks and mortar store in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Between zavvi, HMV, amazon and the hut etc. it's almost always on offer in one of them for circa £40 sterling so shop around. Tesco direct and Sainsurys also do it around the £40 price bu I haven't used them before and not sure if they deliver to Ireland anyway.

The best I've ever seen it in bricks and mortar here was €59.99, though it might have crept lower on occasion. Either way it's worth the investment (I await a barrage of posters to say you can downloadit for free etc.)...quality show, right up there with The Sopranos and Breaking Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Between zavvi, HMV, amazon and the hut etc. it's almost always on offer in one of them for circa £40 sterling so shop around. Tesco direct and Sainsurys also do it around the £40 price bu I haven't used them before and not sure if they deliver to Ireland anyway.

The best I've ever seen it in bricks and mortar here was €59.99, though it might have crept lower on occasion. Either way it's worth the investment (I await a barrage of posters to say you can downloadit for free etc.)...quality show, right up there with The Sopranos and Breaking Bad.

Thanks mate. I managed to get it for around €50 delivered from Amazon. Unfortunately it wasn't for me (a present) but needless to say I will be borrowing it some time in the future :pac:

Advertisement