Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

dave1982 wrote: »
    A lot of what he said is true granted he has been champion in a Irish mma org.I think 90% of the fighter in the UFC could be champion in a Irish org.

Since when is cage warriors an Irish MMA org? Do you even know about MMA? By the sounds of what you wrote I think no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

This is not the 1st time it's happened once someone says something negative people pounce the post.It's ridiculous, let people have their opinions.

Gallag is entitled to his/her opinion, but so am I. Saying people pounced on his comment almost suggests a collective response. This is a discussion forum and people offered their opinion. A lot of what Gallag said was objectively, not subjectively, wrong. Therefore people will respond negatively to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Since when is cage warriors an Irish MMA org? Do you even know about MMA? By the sounds of what you wrote I think no!

Sorry had Irish in my head meant English obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Obviously and obviously 90% of fighters in the UFC could be champion in this English org :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

brad pickett on BT's UFC show last night says he wants to fight on the dublin card against ian mccall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Fair enough, However Conor won the belt then moved weight class and won a 2nd belt, held the two belts at the same time, fighters like Dan Hardy, Mike Bisping, Ross Pearson, Dennis Siver, to name but a few went through Cage Warriors so its not any chump organisation by any means and Bisping had a belt in CWFC but just one, So obv Conor having won 2 is highly rated.

Note to self do not post anything bout Conor again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Its not just English either, its pretty much the top European organisation. Granted the UFC is the upper echelon with Bellator, WSOF behind but CW is a very well run organisation with some very good fighters.
    This is not the 1st time it's happened once someone says something negative people pounce the post.It's ridiculous, let people have their opinions.

I am not jumping on the poster, just what they posted. I was simply putting his actions into perspective. UFC is not about fights anymore, its about entertainment and to some extent, it is taking influence from the WWE. UFC fans are different to MMA fans, the UFC is trying to go mainstream and remove itself from being a niche organisation and therefore increase its fanbase and revenue.

I can happily sit and watch an excellent grappling match and appreciate it for the skill, but many UFC fans just think its dry humping and its boring. They want the showtime kicks, stunning knockouts, lads going hammer and thongs at it. They want an idol they can cheer and a villain they can heckle, they want sides. Conor is merely trying to remain relevant during a devastating blow to his career.

I was only pointing this out to the poster as some people just don't understand that entertainment is different to fighting. I am sure that once Conor gets back in the ring, he will stop being as vocal and he will let his fighting do the talking but at the same time, I am sure that Dana White has given him some guidance as to what he needs to do to succeed in the UFC. Naturally he will continue to get a sound byte here and there to push for a title fight but I think it will be a lot less in your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

RoboRat wrote: »
    I am sure that once Conor gets back in the ring, he will stop being as vocal and he will let his fighting do the talking .......

You were making sense up til this point :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Its not just English either, its pretty much the top European organisation. Granted the UFC is the upper echelon with Bellator, WSOF behind but CW is a very well run organisation with some very good fighters.

I am not jumping on the poster, just what they posted. I was simply putting his actions into perspective. UFC is not about fights anymore, its about entertainment and to some extent, it is taking influence from the WWE. UFC fans are different to MMA fans, the UFC is trying to go mainstream and remove itself from being a niche organisation and therefore increase its fanbase and revenue.

I can happily sit and watch an excellent grappling match and appreciate it for the skill, but many UFC fans just think its dry humping and its boring. They want the showtime kicks, stunning knockouts, lads going hammer and thongs at it. They want an idol they can cheer and a villain they can heckle, they want sides. Conor is merely trying to remain relevant during a devastating blow to his career.

I was only pointing this out to the poster as some people just don't understand that entertainment is different to fighting. I am sure that once Conor gets back in the ring, he will stop being as vocal and he will let his fighting do the talking but at the same time, I am sure that Dana White has given him some guidance as to what he needs to do to succeed in the UFC. Naturally he will continue to get a sound byte here and there to push for a title fight but I think it will be a lot less in your face.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Freudian slip, I am currently working on an advert with a model in a bikini :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Freudian slip, I am currently working on an advert with a model in a bikini :D

You win.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

Clay guida just called mcgregor out hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

kg703 wrote: »
    Clay guida just called mcgregor out hahahaha

ibmd6eb6afJQTB.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

peteeeed wrote: »
    brad pickett on BT's UFC show last night says he wants to fight on the dublin card against ian mccall

Would really love to see this fight happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

I hope clay guido pulls the head off conor mcgregory up in the O2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

figs666 wrote: »
    I hope clay guido pulls the head off conor mcgregory up in the O2 .

Are you posting this on another alcohol and speed bender again?.

califano wrote: »
    Are you posting this on another alcohol and speed bender again?.

LOL . I'm just rabble rousing . TBH I just want to see a good fight , a GOOD MATCH UP . and may the better man win .I think the guido fight would be more entertaining than miller .

on my view on conor , I would have loved to be in the UFC aged 24 , fair play to him . when I was 24 I was out of my tree on alcohol and speed .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If Bisping wins tonight and Rockhold wins next week i can see them 2 headlining the card, with Conor co-main.

Would be happy enough with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 deise69

Well at least we now know that wasn't Cathal in the previews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

How long before the fight do they announce the card? Should it be soon or will it be the same week as tickets go on sale?

How long before the fight do they announce the card? Should it be soon or will it be the same week as tickets go on sale?

Will probably anounce 2 fights before tickets go on sale, BUT don't hold me to that, they've done it quite a few times in the past for UK cards where tickets have gone on sale with no fights announced, which is pretty awful

I also reckon some of the winners of last weeks, tonights and next weeks fights could well end up on the card, timing is about right

scudzilla wrote: »
    I also reckon some of the winners of last weeks, tonights and next weeks fights could well end up on the card, timing is about right

the card will be full of bums . ho was on the last card ,a 50 year old mark coleman and a shogun that could bearly cope with him .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

the card will be full of bums . ho was on the last card ,a 50 year old mark coleman and a shogun that could bearly cope with him .

Doesn't matter how bad the card will be, it will still sell out v. quickly. All casual fans (and most long-time fans) will get tickets either way just because there is a card near them!

tbf the Coleman Shogun had a lot of history from pride, we were lucky to get it

Davis V lytle wow thats was the fight to make back then for a war

But yes I am expecting less for this card Conor being main event

tbf the Coleman Shogun had a lot of history from pride, we were lucky to get it

Davis V lytle wow thats was the fight to make back then for a war

But yes I am expecting less for this card Conor being main event

Marcus Davis was the man that night ok , I trained with him and had a couple of pints with him too , I bought him a whiskey and he said he doesn't drink whiskey but he would drink it out of respect for me . WOW

the atmosphere up the o2 should be unreal . especially when the irish lads make there enterance to riverdance music . it's cliché but it's great . you don't have to be irish to be irish .

any idea when tickets are out ? guess anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

any idea when tickets are out ? guess anyone ?

Middle to end of May

Do you know anythin about MMA at all?

At UFC 93 we had :-

Rich Franklin - Former UFC MW Champion
    Dan Henderson - Former Pride Welterweight & MiddleWeight Champion
    Shogun - Former Pride Middleweight champion
    Marc Coleman - Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Pride Openweight GP winner
    Denis Kang - Pride WW GP Runner up
    Jeremy Horn - Legend and fought twice for UFC LHW Title

If we get just 2 fighters of that calibre for this years card i'll be surprised, and yeah, i know 'name' fighters don't always make great cards but it's nice to see some of the legends fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Ian Mc Call / Brad Pickett targeted for the card. Very nice start to the card

Advertisement