Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Beasty wrote: »
    Anyway - just to keep on topic - that was never a free-kick - we woz robbed of 2 points ....

Your avatar appears to be a white Yorkshire rose but you support Man Utd? Are you Geoff Boycott in disguise?

lpb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ughh I haven't heard so many "I'm so shocked!"'s in one day as I did yesterday. I was cycling to my parents house and had to travel along Clontarf seafront. I don't know if it was the fact that I was cycling a road bike wearing jeans, or if it was that I was getting in the way of little Timmy playing on the cycle track... :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Your avatar appears to be a white Yorkshire rose but you support Man Utd? Are you Geoff Boycott in disguise?

lpb

I thought Beasty was from Yorkshire. How many Man UTD supporters do you know that come from Manchester?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

lpb
    A North Yorkshire rose, to be precise (the full Yorkshire one has a blue background;)), but as there are no football teams in North Yorkshire I felt it appropriate to consider a team from Greater Manchester - funnily enough at the time I started being a fan of them City claimed to be the top team in Manchester (although we were European Champions)

Boycott was definitely one of my boyhood heroes, but Bobby Charlton was the main one (although he was from next door in Co Durham)

but as there are no football teams in North Yorkshire I felt it appropriate to consider a team from Greater Manchester

Surely the mighty Middlesbrough are from the North Riding in the opinion of any Yorkshire irredentist? :D

lpb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Dord wrote: »
    Ughh I haven't heard so many "I'm so shocked!"'s in one day as I did yesterday. I was cycling to my parents house and had to travel along Clontarf seafront. I don't know if it was the fact that I was cycling a road bike wearing jeans, or if it was that I was getting in the way of little Timmy playing on the cycle track... :confused:

The jeans, definitely the jeans...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

A North Yorkshire rose, to be precise (the full Yorkshire one has a blue background;)), but as there are no football teams in North Yorkshire I felt it appropriate to consider a team from Greater Manchester - funnily enough at the time I started being a fan of them City claimed to be the top team in Manchester (although we were European Champions)

Boycott was definitely one of my boyhood heroes, but Bobby Charlton was the main one (although he was from next door in Co Durham)

err york, scarborough,

oops scarborough were wound up

york it is then in the lofty heights of conference north

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Surely the mighty Middlesbrough are from the North Riding in the opinion of any Yorkshire irredentist? :D

lpb
    From the North Riding, yes, as is one-third of York City

However by the time I started getting interested in football the Boro were in Teesside (which then became County Cleveland). All the kids at my first school were Boro fans and at my second school the school bully made everyone "support" City - I was heavily into Captain Scarlet at the time, and hence decided to be awkward and went for the red side of Manchester (and have disliked Captain Blue ever since:D).

york it is then in the lofty heights of conference north
    I could always say I look out for the results of Stokesley Football Club, but I don't

My home village does not even have a team (it's claim to fame is it has procured the rights to the website http://www.thevillagehall.com/ which I guess proves it must still be a village)

However by the time I started getting interested in football the Boro were in Teesside (which then became County Cleveland)

No red-blooded Yorkshireman (or should that be white blooded?) recognises this administrative stroke of the pen.

Consider this, Ballaghaderreen was moved from Mayo to Roscommon when the county border was redrawn in 1898, but it is still in Mayo for GAA purposes over a century later! Thats how to treat the bureaucrats.

Basically you're a glory hunter:D (just like the rest of us)

lpb

• Advertisement

Basically you're a glory hunter:D (just like the rest of us)
    Having witnessed:

12 League titles (and yes, I was at the Riverside in 1996)
    5 FA Cup Final victories
    3 European final victories
    2 Doubles
    1 Treble

I don't need to go hunting for it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Dord wrote: »

Most likely talking about the proposed 8ft wall :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Having witnessed:

12 League titles (and yes, I was at the Riverside in 1996)
    5 FA Cup Final victories
    3 European final victories
    2 Doubles
    1 Treble

I don't need to go hunting for it ....

Saw this and thought of you ;)

298628_2290717200035_1612162623_2255239_329629528_n.jpg

RobFowl wrote: »
    Saw this and thought of you ;)
    And how many of those finals did you get to Rob? I know they were all in your lifetime;)

cdaly_ wrote: »
    The jeans, definitely the jeans...

:(
    Hungrycol wrote: »
    Most likely talking about the proposed 8ft wall :pac:

Ah sure it's fine, I'm a big lad I'll be able to see over it when I'm cycling there. :):D

I see someone is throwing bolts of rain across the country again.

Web_radar.gif

actually seems to be lifting here !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

enjoy the heavy winds anyone cycling home against it this evening, blows up from nowhere which can be pain.

Passed by a strange lad on cruagh road yesterday, literally not a bother on him going at own pace, the most relaxed pedalling style iv seen, obviously doesnt like breaking a sweat as i flew past panting, i always get dropped mid way up but i power the last 3rd and often reel in my escapees.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

First day on the singlespeed is the windiest fncker in ages. Typical. Nice freewheel most of the way in. I was even a tiny bit chilly, no chance to warm up. I think I'm going to die on the way home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

178344.png

That red line is winter :( The nice warm air we've had the last few weeks getting pushed south by the cold. Temps on met eireann are 4-6 above it, 10-13 below it. Amazing that it's so obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mfdc wrote: »
    That red line is winter :( The nice warm air we've had the last few weeks getting pushed south by the cold. Temps on met eireann are 4-6 above it, 10-13 below it. Amazing that it's so obvious.
    Cool. I don't know if it was just Dublin, but there was about five minutes where the winds literally went mental, must have well into storm force. We saw them here in the city centre and my wife in South Dublin said the house was shaking from them.
    Must have been that "line" passing overhead. Nice and calm and no rain here now, just as I leave the office :D

sunny here now upto 7.5C, some weather

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

sunny here now upto 7.5C, some weather

Snowing in parts of North West according to RTE !!

00051d66-640.jpg

yep snow on the hills round donegal town, that might be the errigal road

Should have brought the winter gloves. Should have brought the winter gloves. Should have brought the winter gloves. My freakin' hands! :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

First visit to the camper van - well wear lads! Been off the road for a month with a really knackered knee but building up the miles again - without starting a whole new thread, any recommendations for knee warmers - warmth mostly and hopefully a bit of support

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Snowing in parts of North West according to RTE !!

00051d66-640.jpg

yep snow on the hills round donegal town, that might be the errigal road

'200 yds' on the sign, that's in NI (or Scotland or something)...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    '200 yds' on the sign, that's in NI (or Scotland or something)...

It's the Glenshane pass in Durry...

It's the Glenshane pass in Durry...

that was my first thought but i'd seen this first
    426223136.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The disc braked carbon cyclocross bikes cometh....

On-One Dirty Disco Carbon Cyclocross Disc Frame And Fork
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOCXD/on_one-dirty-disco-carbon-cyclocross-disc-frame-and-fork

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement