Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Willam and Kate Wedding - guess the RTE1 ratings

• 27-04-2011 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

As per the title, how many hundreds of thousands with be watching the event on RTE (obviously many will flick over to BBC/SKY/ITV but we can't second guess that number really).

Willam and Kate Wedding - guess the RTE1 ratings 41 votes

up to 200,000
    0% 0 votes
    200,000 to 300,000
    43% 18 votes
    300,000 to 400,000
    21% 9 votes
    400,000 to 500,000
    21% 9 votes
    500,000 plus
    12% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

What a joke:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

In what repect? You have just wandered into the TV forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hard to know. I won't be anyway, because (a) I'll be in work, and (b) I don't give a shit. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Is this refering to the awesome guilty pleasure Lifetime and C5 movie?

Mr E wrote: »
    Hard to know. I won't be anyway, because (a) I'll be in work, and (b) I don't give a shit. :)

I'll be scouring Fringefiles.com all day Friday in preparation for that nights epicness! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Who really cares if it will be 200'000 or 600'000?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I would watch but I've got an appointment pulling rusty nails out of my testicles..

Wish the British were all as honest as this chap:

tumblr_ljy64sgcEl1qgsxdqo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Its Friday morning. It probably wont reach 100,000 but will get more than what Dr Phil and Shortland Street get.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I would imagine anyone that would want to watch this would already have the beeb and as they wouldn't have ads, and lets be honest do the whole Royal thing very well, I would say that most Irish people that want to watch it would watch it on the bbc, so very low ratings for RTÉ.

Me on the other hand would prefer to get a triple crown waxing done to myself by Edward Scissorhands while having Mary Harney sit on my face than watch it on any channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Basq wrote: »
    I would watch but I've got an appointment pulling rusty nails out of my testicles..

Wish the British were all as honest as this chap:

tumblr_ljy64sgcEl1qgsxdqo1_500.jpg
    I thought Stephen Fry was meant to be a very close friend of Prince Charles and Camilla. Maybe they have fallen out :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Pauleta wrote: »
    Its Friday morning. It probably wont reach 100,000 but will get more than what Dr Phil and Shortland Street get.

So that will be a ratings winner for RTE then, I guess. :confused:

From anyone I talk to (any women, anyways) they are all getting very excited about it and plan to tune in for "the wedding" on Friday.

Suffice it to say, I'd rather watch a Murder, She Wrote marathon than watch that rubbish..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

doesn't matter what ratings shouldn't be shown

Why can't people just stay on topic? Vote or shut up! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭hatz7

over 500,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

where is the "couldn't give a fcuk" option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

hatz7 wrote: »
    over 500,000

Half a million? Doubt it

Its on a Friday morning with majority of people in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Hard to know, the amount of people that are having parties (OH and about 10 girls going to bubbles and cake one) and inviting friends around might skew the number of TV's switched on.
    Still think 500,000 +.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I have no idea but I think the weather may have a part to play in it.

IMO the demographic that will watch this is mostly female, many of which will be mothers.

At times like this parents often take holidays as their kids are off school and there is no one to mind them.

So with that in mind you would expect a lot of mothers and kids at home tuning into this, many which may have only a passing interest in the Royal family.
    I remember watching the Charles and Diana wedding in 1981, I was 9 at the time and I am male.

Now if the sun is splitting the rocks the chances are they may not watch it and head outdoors, but if it is pi**ing rain then the ratings will go through the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bazman05

mike65 wrote: »
    As per the title, how many hundreds of thousands with be watching the event on RTE (obviously many will flick over to BBC/SKY/ITV but we can't second guess that number really).

You do know there a meaningless bunch of morons, high on their own self-importance.

I say let them live in their fantasy world, and I don't care that it will be shown on the television in England but what is unforgivable is that the Irish stations RTE (horribly boring channel) and TV3 (trashy, and an ITV parasite) are showing this tripe.

That is unforgivable and I'm going to deliberately tune these channels out of my tv (I won't be missing much anyway), as I don't want to give these "Irish" tv schedulers the satisfaction of adding to the rating of any of their shows again. They also live in a fantasy world where they expect us to swallow this garbage and like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

What i don't get is that according to one of the TV3 'Loose Women' types this morning, TV3 are doing uninterrupted coverage throughout the day with NO ADVERTS??
    I know they are infamous for product placement but no adverts for 8 hours?
    That sort of blows ad revenue arguments out of the water or maybe she was sooo excited thinking about cooing over and licking royalty's arse she lost the run of herself..

The tabloids will destroy Kate Middleton...they need a new Diana and she fits the bill.

Keep nonsense chit chat for After Hours thanks, there are weddings threads to be found if you look.

The schools Easter Holidays are still on of course so there are plenty of people at home looking after children.

I'll guess about 400,000.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Id say around 600,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I voted 500,000 plus but I forgot about ads. If RTE have ads then the numbers will be nowhere near that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

mike65 wrote: »

zero

no wait sorry i didnt mean that i ment to say...

NIL

and if you didnt see that i said

NO ONE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Over 1 million as we Irish love to pretend,I will be in a dentists chair while this is going on,first time in 2 years but what a time to be doing it,any and all who do watch it will suffer more than I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Why is everybody so stupidly militant with regards to this.
    The thread title is "guess the rating", not "lie to boards about how you will untune RTE from your tv to avoid the royal wedding".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'd say around 300,000. There seems to be a good bit of intrest in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

X number of west brits

Advertisement