Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farewell & Thanks.

• 30-06-2014 4:16pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As of today (30th June 2014) I will no longer be taking part in discussions or replying to any posts on this forum.(Unless required in relation to moderation)
    When requesting & pushing for this forum, over 4 years ago, my main idea and plan for the forum was about people helping each other. And for a lot of it that has been the case.
    Unfortunately there are some other agendas at play that I disagree with.
    Some installers here would like to limit the Information given out to the public. Unless it is dangerous or illegal that is never going to happen & I would never agree to it.
    Others have their own agenda of promotion of themselves or a particular company or brand , even to the point of making impossible arguments rather than agree with someone or some point made.
    This has made for very bad debate all round & I admit I have taken things too far at times as well.If I am proved wrong in things (and there have been some big ones:o), I am man enough to admit it and move on. I always try to debate with facts & logic but when that is met by some very illogical claims or statements that can be very frustrating.
    I am also not the type of person who can get involved in debate with some & ignore statements made by other if they are untrue or unfair.
    So for the good of the forum and all round I am giving myself a rule not to get involved & stick to that.
    As of today the main moderation duties will fall to Stoner first & I will be here if need be or in the interests of fairness.
    I am very grateful for all the friends and acquaintances I have met through here & I will continue to help people where I can.I will still be around Boards in general so if anyone wants advice or help with anything please feel free to PM me anytime.

Thank you all.

KK Colm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Sorry to hear that I've lurked in the forum out of a nerdy interest and always found it interesting. I've posted some threads here and had the pleasure of your expert assistance so I'd like to say thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Many thanks for your time, knowledge and assistance..

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

Fair play to you as you have helped a lot of people on here but it takes a lot of time and energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Thanks for the time and effort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

Thanks KK. You have helped greatly on this forum over the years and will be missed. Come back soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

KK got some great advice from you in the past just read this and wanted to say I appreciated it & thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Sorry to see this happen. I have benefited hugely from your posts.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭leo738

Thanks for all your input & help. A shame you felt the need to step back from the topic because of some peoples attitudes.

Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

Thanks Koolkid for your expert knowledge and patience,i have to say i always appreciated your non bias opinion in relation to certain makes and models of alarms,you have been a great help and im sure it has taken alot of your time.Sorry to see you go...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi all
    Thanks for all the posts of support and thanks.
    Since posting I have tried to resolve some of the issues and concerns I have had re this forum. Unfortunately to no avail. For these reasons I have requested that I be removed as mod of this forum. Again many thanks to all the people I have got to know over the years and all the people I have had the pleasure of meeting and helping.
    Again, I will still be around boards. If anyone wants any help or honest advice please PM me anytime .
    Thanks again.

Kk
    Colm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

KoolKid, thank you for all the your hard work. I for one have learnt a lot from your informative posts. You have moderated this forum from the start and built it up to where it is now, fair play.

Now that you have stepped down as a moderator I hope that this means that you will be posting on this forum again soon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks for the kind words 2011 . But unfortunately I still can not take part in discussions and debate here as I totally disagree with the input that is being allowed. For me Boards is about people helping people not commercial promotion and biased agendas.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hey KoolKid, sorry to hear you are stepping down. Admittedly it can be hard to mod a forum on a subject you have a passion for, so understand your decision to remove yourself as mod.

I'll also never forget how you helped me factory reset my Astec alarm, without that info I would have been truly goosed. Maybe with a bit of time, you might come back to the forum and enjoy it as a regular poster, so never say never.

Delly,there is nothing I would love more, but I don't see it happening.
    It is hard to explain to someone outside of the industry. I have tried, but to no avail.
    I hope the forum continues to thrive and I hope it can come back to being about people helping people.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Koolkid.

Thank you for all your help. You pushed for this forum years ago and going back to when it was part of the electrical forum you were a top contributor and remained so for years.

I've had the pleasure of meeting you as a result of boards.ie and I completely agree with everything 2011 and Delly suggested and said.

Talk to you soon, and thank you again, my wife is also greatful as she can text the heating on as a result of your knowledge back when nobody else could figure it out, just one of many improvements your help inspired.

Advertisement