Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Lashes28 I don't have any symptoms at the min either . I've gone from being nauseated and tired back to my normal self . Only thing I do notice is my sense of smell is strong and for some odd reason I get short of breath easy . have an early scan if you are worried it will be worth it to put your mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Yeah I am going to get checked out,I've had miscarriages before and I think that's what making me feel so uneasy,its in the back of my mind constantly and here I am awake at all hours thinking about what ifs!! I know symptoms do ease but I thought that was about12 weeks?

Mine have eased off and ill be 9 weeks this week . hopefully the scan will put your mind at ease . I know it did for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hi guys hope it's ok to join:D

I've just found out I'm pregnant it's a big shock to myself and my partner I was given an edd of 23rd January but I'm not sure if this is correct as I can't remember the exact date of my last period. I already have a little boy of 4:)

Is anybody else having some light spotting? Was over with my doctor earlier and she said not to worry unless it got heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Just booked in to Holles Street yesterday, this is our first. The dates have me with a due date of the 19th of january. Had a miscarraige back in February so feeling a bit uneasy but we're a bit further along then the last time so taking the positives! Trying to decide about the domino scheme, it sounds great but as this is my first I don't know how I will feel about pain medication. The midwife in February said that it's not really for people that might take the epidural?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi ladies,
    had six week scan to - day and its TWINS !!!! its just the best news ever :)
    Am high as a kite now

Congratulations!!that's excellent news :)

Thanks,
    it certainly explains the symptoms and the swelling!
    Although chocolate may have played a part there too if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

millie14 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,
    Am high as a kite now

Delighted for you Millie. I remember you from the due November 2014 thread as I was in there too under a different user name, had a mc myself on 20th March, I'm now on the December 2014 thread due Christmas Day, the username I had used was ryanmrs2014 as at that stage didn't tell anyone so used that instead. Wow twins such amazing news for you and your other half. Have my own scan tomorrow morning I'll be 10 weeks 1 day, fingers crossed everything is ok this time

Hey there, thanks for your kind words, I remember you from nov 14 too. God that was a hard time, so pleased for us both, best of luck tomorrow am sure all will be well.

• Advertisement

Hey there, thanks for your kind words, I remember you from nov 14 too. God that was a hard time, so pleased for us both, best of luck tomorrow am sure all will be well.

Thanks Millie14, I really hope so, just can't stop worrying when it's happened before

I know, I think everyone in early pregnancy has those worries. it was at my six week scan the last time that we got bad news, you have to try and put it out of your mind although its easier said than done

I know, I think everyone in early pregnancy has those worries. it was at my six week scan the last time that we got bad news, you have to try and put it out of your mind although its easier said than done

I miscarried at 6 weeks 1 day

Got my first appointment today for 23rd June it just feels so far away,got info about MLU in it too,I really hope I'm eligible,it's such a fantastic facility, my scans booked in for Wednesday just to make sure all is ok. Nausea seems to be coming and going again and by god is my tummy bloated. Everybody around me is announcing their pregnancy news super early and I'm finding it so hard to keep quiet about it. I just want to make sure everything is fine before I tell the world.

Hows every one else feeling?

Congrats on twin news,is it just me or is there a twin boom lately? Three people I know are expecting twins !!

Congrats Millie wow twins double the fun! I'm still bleeding and was getting cramps yesterday so decided to go down to the rotunda to get it checked. I think as well to make sure I am pregnant!! I still don't feel it. Thankfully everything is ok got to see the little peanut and amazingly a tiny heartbeat :-)
    I'm 6 weeks today is anybody else feeling really bloated and farting like a trooper!? (Sorry tmi!) I generally suffer with migraines but seem to be getting them more often had 2 horrible ones this week already :-(

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Congrats Millie wow twins double the fun! I'm still bleeding and was getting cramps yesterday so decided to go down to the rotunda to get it checked. I think as well to make sure I am pregnant!! I still don't feel it. Thankfully everything is ok got to see the little peanut and amazingly a tiny heartbeat :-)
    I'm 6 weeks today is anybody else feeling really bloated and farting like a trooper!? (Sorry tmi!) I generally suffer with migraines but seem to be getting them more often had 2 horrible ones this week already :-(

Hi ziggy23, I'm over on dec 14 thread. Had those headaches myself too this week. Was in Aldi yesterday and they have cooling strips in a box for migraines & headaches said they be no harm buying them if they came back as we can't take anything

er1983 wrote: »
    Hi ziggy23, I'm over on dec 14 thread. Had those headaches myself too this week. Was in Aldi yesterday and they have cooling strips in a box for migraines & headaches said they be no harm buying them if they came back as we can't take anything

Cheers er1983 I must check them out the chemist said it's ok to take a panadol but this has absoloutely no affect:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Hi ladies,
    Am high as a kite now

Hi Millie - congrats! Wowsers twins. How do you mean that explains the symptoms? I've had extremely strong symptoms from very early on, only for I'm sure about my dates I'd say I was further along than 6 weeks. Is this a sign of twins? I'm really sick, constipated, SO bloated, dizzy, boobs have swollen already and killing me, etc since 4 weeks and some of the symptoms at 3 weeks!:eek:

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all the kind wishes,

Nicman my symptoms started a few days after I ovulated, I was vomiting in the morning and had very swollen boobs. They just got stronger and stronger as the weeks went on. You can see my tummy now sticking out of my top its mad. Apparently symptoms are stronger with twins as you have twice the hormone level.....maybe it is twins !

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all the kind wishes,

Nicman my symptoms started a few days after I ovulated, I was vomiting in the morning and had very swollen boobs. They just got stronger and stronger as the weeks went on. You can see my tummy now sticking out of my top its mad. Apparently symptoms are stronger with twins as you have twice the hormone level.....maybe it is twins !

Oh God! I'm not sure I'm equipped for twins but whatever is sent my way I'll be delighted with :-) best of luck with your two bundles! x

• Advertisement

Guys just posting to say unfortunately I had a miscarriage on Friday evening :-( somehow I knew from the start there was something up as I've been bleeding a lot . It's very sad but just wasn't meant to be. I wish you all the best of luck in your pregnancies and with your new arrivals in January xxxx

Ah Ziggy I am very sorry for your loss, I have been in your position far too many times and the pain can be very overwhelming,do you work? I hope you can take time to yourself and regroup,thinking of you xx

So sorry to hear that ziggy,take care of yourself xx

Ziggy,
    sorry to hear your sad news, it's very sad,
    take care x

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Ziggy, so sorry to hear that. Mind yourself x

Any tips for nausea? It's getting so overwhelming I wish I could just vomit to ease the feeling. Also the tiredness I have never experienced anything like it, any time im not at work I'm either in bed or on the couch,come on week 12 so I can start feeling somewhat human again.

Lashes I don't have any tips but loads of empathy. I have been so nauseous for nearly four weeks now with virtually no let up. I am praying it eases at twelve weeks too. I have it all day and often wake during the night the nausea is so bad. Sometimes I get sick and get a brief relief. It's tough.

Very tough fall, I have completely gone off meat too and just the thoughts of it makes me gag,I hear ya about nighttime too,bedtime is when I feel the worst. i think it could be the food from the day lying in my stomach.
    I also have so much 'gushing' and gurgling in the bottom of my tummy from time to time. I'd love to have a window and watch whatever is going on it there.
    Any word on peoples first appointments? It's been so long since my first that i feel so new to it all over again, first in 2005 and second in 2015,makes me sound old!!

My first was 07 so I too feel like a newbie. A week from tomorrow for my first appointment on Domino scheme, then scan on the Thursday. Nervous and excited. When is your appointment?

• Advertisement

First in 1996,second 2015, beat that girls!

Advertisement