Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Baby names!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

i like juliet, penny, antonia and eliza for girls, daniel, jacob or jude for a boy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Quality wrote: »
    You'll be sorry you asked..

The list is endless at the moment.

For Girl
    Robyn
    Ella
    Juliette/Julianna
    Gianna
    Daisy

What about Gina, similar to Gianna...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I liked Jaden for a boy but in the end we called him Ryan as it really suited him.Quality i really liked Robyn for a girl but the problem is the 2nd name so my son says why dont we call her hood ROBINHOOD.FUNNY.My other 2 boys are called Dylan and Kiefer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Sulukie wrote: »
    Hi I'm not pregnant but love the following names

Boys
    Luke
    Callum
    Jacob
    Christian

I know the boys names all seem very biblical don't know why, just what I like this week

I was the same, my son is called Noah Anthony Thomas Christian. I really like Caleb but I cousin got there before me. I am trying to persude my brother to call his son Jacob, Elijah or Jonah but its not working. I just really like these names because everybody has heard them and nobody uses them.

I really liked Caleb as well but somebody got there before me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I like timpiste.

Lol it's like a combination of Tim and Piste- gotta find me a boy called tim...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

just came across this thread and just thought i would say that shay is a brilliant name after shay given of course:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

boys :
    Lee (my ds name)hence the username:eek:
    jordan(my dp hates this one:D)
    josh
    taylor
    jamie
    jayden

girls:
    lexie
    mia
    chloe
    hannah
    ava
    ella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Piste wrote: »
    I like timpiste.

Lol it's like a combination of Tim and Piste- gotta find me a boy called tim...

it took me a minute but lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lulubell

makayla and hugo:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Eyeofthetiger

Girls-
    Aisling
    Caoimhe
    Mara
    Arwen

Boys-
    Cian
    Cuan
    Daire
    Donncha

I'm obsessed with names :(
    or just preparing in advance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

I love the names Mia or Charlie and Jack for a boy

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

not preg but have name picked so throwing in my 2 cents

girls:
    Katie,
    Megan
    Tegan

Boys
    Shane
    Aidan
    Pearse
    Feilim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

I have chosen Eabha for a girl (Irish version of ava) and have agreed that my other half gets to choose a boys name :eek: Hopefully it won't be after a footballer !
    For a boy I like Adam, Fiachra, Ronan, Josh

I have a Nathan and megan already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Missus having baby in April,going for Kayla for a girl or Leon for a boy

Kayla is really pretty,you wont have to many of thrm around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Ross if a boy and Rebecca if a girl.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭suimhneas

what about nakitta pronounced nakitttttttttttttta. was at a county fair recently and there were member of the traveling community selling their wares, and the daddy shouted to the daughter "nakitttttttttttttta bring over the " i just stopped in my tracks thought it was so funny. maybe im weird

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Not pregnant but my faves are:

Girls:

Rebecca
    Siofra
    Enya
    Aisling
    Saoirse
    Stephanie
    Neveah (had this name in my head since I was about 10 years old, my parents laughed when I told them!)

Boys
    Noah
    Jason
    Josh
    Adam
    Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

This week we agree that it is

Sam for a Boy

And

Eva for a Girl...

I am convinced I am having a boy.. I will fall off the bed in shock if it is a girl!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My aunt named her baby Eva and it's a gorgeous name.

I have decided on Jack or Luke for a boy and Addison for a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My aunt named her baby Eva and it's a gorgeous name.

I have decided on Jack or Luke for a boy and Addison for a girl.

They are lovely names adrieanne!! I love luke but my friend has a little boy called Luke! So that is out for me...

Addison is lovely, havent heard it before and I like something different!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My first choice for a boy was Adam but my boyfriends cousin named her baby Adam, so that was out! I nearly killed her when I found out lol!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

My husband and I really love Connor for a boy but my uncle had a baby last year (well his partner did ;) ) and called him Connor. So now I have nothing.:(
    Boys:
    Joshua
    James
    Benjamin
    Kevin
    Luke
    Adam
    Alex
    Tom
    Theo
    Sean

Yes, I am crazy... but out of those names I really like Addison and Grace for a girl and Luke and Ben for a boy. But they're all in the running!!

My brothers are called Luke and Ben. And their middle names are James and Adam.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

suimhneas wrote: »
    what about nakitta pronounced nakitttttttttttttta. was at a county fair recently and there were member of the traveling community selling their wares, and the daddy shouted to the daughter "nakitttttttttttttta bring over the " i just stopped in my tracks thought it was so funny. maybe im weird

Nikita is my boyfriend's stepsisters name. One night we had friends over and we'd had a few drinks and decided to play drinking games were one of the rules was we had to call each other by scumbag type names (beyonce, shakira and the like). My friend Eoin shouted out I can be Nikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-ta! and everoyne laughed, until I said it was my bfs sister's name, then there was deathly silence... he didn't care though - luckily! She (his sister) thinks her name is great until I pointed out one day that in Eastern European countries it's a boys name. I'm mean! :D

Even though we don't plan to have kids for a few years we've both agreed that we like Caitlin for a girl and Conor for a boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hee hee! You have to be careful. I guess I am very snobby about names and choke on some of the suggestions here.

Worst name you've ever heard award

Kaylon - boy's name ( she made it up!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Love the name Darren for a boys name. Its my boyfriends name though, so it may seem a bit strange. I love Alex too, but I feel like its being really overused for both sexes at the moment. Love Emma for a girl. I like the classic names, not so much into these modern celebrity like names to be honest.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Grawns wrote: »
    Hee hee! You have to be careful. I guess I am very snobby about names and choke on some of the suggestions here.

Worst name you've ever heard award

Kaylon - boy's name ( she made it up!)

A couple of years ago my husband and I were walking in Highgate Wood (park in a posh part of London) when two small boy came toward us on those funny wooden bikes with no pedals. Their yummy mummy was trotting along behind them calling, "Jamie, Oliver be careful."

We nearly wet ourselves laughing. They are both perfectly fine names, but as a combination they were hilarious.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Caoilfhaionn (sp?) is a girls name pronounced kaylon/kaylin, perhaps that what mrs grawn had heard of? Used to work with a girl with the name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

LolaDub wrote: »
    Caoilfhaionn (sp?) is a girls name pronounced kaylon/kaylin, perhaps that what mrs grawn had heard of? Used to work with a girl with the name

No, she really told me she made it up. I also know a baby BOY called willow and One called Finley blue. ( both in uk though)

Advertisement