Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Change Eircom Phonewatch Alarm Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

ALS wrote: »
    is there any chance of getting the eng. code for the simon wireless panel.
    thanks

we have an old disconnected system that I want to try and install it has been unplugged in the shed for the past 12 months we have no codes or paperwork.
    is there anything we can try to get it working.
    thanks in advance, or can someone give me a price to install ? 3 motion sensors and 3 door sensors

pictures inc thanks in advance

If you have no paperwork off the Simon sometimes there is a sneaky way to get the code. If you have no code let me know by P.M. Very easy to add these sensors if you have the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Trying to set up a temp user on an eircom HKC system. I have tried 0*6 and put in my code and then tried to put in new user code but it says tmperror

sassyj wrote: »
    Trying to set up a temp user on an eircom HKC system. I have tried 0*6 and put in my code and then tried to put in new user code but it says tmperror

That never worked.
    The only other way to do this is through engineer mode or if you have a manager menu set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

altor wrote: »
    I have sent you a pm with some info..

Altor, could you please pm me any detail on getting engineer code for a hkc Phonewatch alarm. Much appreciated.

CBYR1983 wrote: »
    Altor, could you please pm me any detail on getting engineer code for a hkc Phonewatch alarm. Much appreciated.

No problem, P.M. sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Greentrees

Hi altor, would you mind sending me these details also via PM? Thank you in advance : )

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Greentrees,
    Havn't seen Altor around in a bit. I sent you a PM re the code.
    If you need any help let me know.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fr Noel Furlong

Have just moved house and have a HKC Phonewatch alarm and am also looking for the engineer code so I can change the user codes. The house was rented before I bought it so a lot of people have come and gone and have the current code.
    Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance

Have just moved house and have a HKC Phonewatch alarm and am also looking for the engineer code so I can change the user codes. The house was rented before I bought it so a lot of people have come and gone and have the current code.
    Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance

Sent you a P.M re the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BobSmith128

Hi, any chance of a PM with the info on how to change my alarm code?

Just bought a new house and want to change the code to one only my wife and I know.

Its an eircom phone watch system but the monitoring part is not turned on - so just a stand alone alarm.

• Advertisement

Folks, Any help here please?
    I rang Eircom PhoneWatch and they gave me two options.
    Pay 200 euro for engineer to come out
    or sign up with eircom phonewatch!!!
    Absolutely incredible!
    I am being forced to pay to change my alarm code.

So hoping there is someone here with the info to allow me to reset the alarm code and so I can change it.

Cheers,
    BS128

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you get the manual I sent you?

Hi Koolkid,

Yes I got that thanks however I dont think its for my alarm.
    It mentions simon user manual - and the specs are not what my alarm has.
    Mines a HKC secure watch 199-1987.
    Unless there's a section in the manual that applies to the HKC?

I see there are some master codes to try - however I am not sure how I would enter them on my alarm system...

Hi Koolkid,

Yes I got that thanks however I dont think its for my alarm.
    It mentions simon user manual - and the specs are not what my alarm has.
    Mines a HKC secure watch 199-1987.
    Unless there's a section in the manual that applies to the HKC?

I see there are some master codes to try - however I am not sure how I would enter them on my alarm system...

I have sent you a P.M. re the engineer code.
    I have also sent you off the HKC manual.

Thanks for that Altor.
    Will have a read through of that manual in the coming days - just a bit busy still with the new move.
    Appreciate the help.

Thanks for that Altor.
    Will have a read through of that manual in the coming days - just a bit busy still with the new move.
    Appreciate the help.

Any other questions BobSmith128 let us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 George225

Hi Altor,

My home is with G3 Simon system, all batteries had been changed last year. But it alarmed recently with "hallway motion tampered".

Any idea to repair or replace it and how? Much appreciate for your help if engineer code and instruction sending.

Thanks a million

BR/George225

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭johnbk

I have moved house recently which has an eircom concord 60-840-43 or 60-857-43 installed. I don't have any engineer code, is it possible to reset the unit? I have no interest in a phone watch account and would be interested in adding my mobile to the unit instead. Any help would be appreciated.

My views are my own.

johnbk wrote: »
    I have moved house recently which has an eircom concord 60-840-43 or 60-857-43 installed. I don't have any engineer code, is it possible to reset the unit? I have no interest in a phone watch account and would be interested in adding my mobile to the unit instead. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent you a P.M re the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭squa

Hi Altor,

I'm in a similar situation to johnbk, can you help at all?

I recently moved house & was only provided with the System Master Code, which I would like to change for obvious reasons. Is it possible to do this without an Engineering Code?

It's the older Eircom supplied Concord control panel.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Squa

• Advertisement

I sent you a PM re this.

Thanks KoolKid

The only problem about your suggestion is that unfortunately I don't have the Customer/Account # for the alarm as I'm not an Eircom customer. The previous owners were the Eircom customers & we never transferred the account, hence my intentions to try change the master code.

Any paperwork around anywhere on it?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Any paperwork around anywhere on it?

I might be able to get in contact with the previous owners, but if I can't am I out of options?

You could default & set it up again or upgrade the panel.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You could default & set it up again or upgrade the panel.

If I was to go down the route of upgrading the panel I'd probably just go all the way & upgrade the whole system.

Do you know if there is there a thread (or step by step) already done out for defaulting to factory?

squa wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

I'm in a similar situation to johnbk, can you help at all?

I recently moved house & was only provided with the System Master Code, which I would like to change for obvious reasons. Is it possible to do this without an Engineering Code?

It's the older Eircom supplied Concord control panel.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Squa

Hi Squa,

Here is a link to the user manual off this system.
    There is no need to default or upgrade the panel to change a user code.
    You do not need a engineer code as this is done in your user menu.

All explained on page 11 :)

Any problems let me know.

Thanks Altor.

I had a look at the manual already & maybe I'm completely misunderstanding the instructions, but page 11 seems to just detail how to ADD a new user code, not change the System Master Code. I'm assuming that anyone who knows the System Master Code can override everything regardless of how many additional User Codes are set?

I'd like to change this as the previous owners also known it...... I'm probably being a bit paranoid about the whole thing, but it just seems pointless turning the thing on if someone else knows the code :(

squa wrote: »
    Thanks Altor.

I had a look at the manual already & maybe I'm completely misunderstanding the instructions, but page 11 seems to just detail how to ADD a new user code, not change the System Master Code. I'm assuming that anyone who knows the System Master Code can override everything regardless of how many additional User Codes are set?

I'd like to change this as the previous owners also known it...... I'm probably being a bit paranoid about the whole thing, but it just seems pointless turning the thing on if someone else knows the code :(

That is no problem. I would prefer to change the code too.
    Press 9 and enter your user code.
    Scroll to codes/master code, press #
    Enter the new code, then press # to save

• Advertisement

Spot on Altor, exactly what I was looking for..... thanks a lot.

I'm going to push my luck a bit further & ask if you know is it possible to disable the dialer/monitoring function? I no longer have an active phone line at my house & for obvious reasons I get a status message about once a week advising of a line fault. The control panel seems happy enough if I just acknowledge the status message for now, but I've read a few horror stories on other threads about people's alarms waking them in the middle of the night with random status messages!

Advertisement