Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Party Dinner

• 24-10-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

So it's up to me (the only vegan in the office) to organize the Christmas party this year and I need to find a restaurant in Dublin city centre for us to go to. Of course I would love to go to Cornucopia or somewhere like that but I know the meat eaters here wouldn't be too impressed with a solely vegetarian menu.

My question is does anyone know any good restaurants in town that cater to vegans but that would suit everyone else as well?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Depends on how fancy you want to go - e.g. L'Ecrivan on Baggot Street would also do Vegan if you called ahead. Chapter One would be similar. (Most Michelin Star restaurants enjoy the challenge of meat free catering in my experience)

Further down the fancy schmancy list there's plenty of choice:

The Farm on Dawson Street (or the other one up near Ballsbridge).
    Plenty of options for Vegans and their lesser evolved meat eating counterparts :D at most Indian restaurants in town.
    Milanos too do Vegan options.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Brilliant, thanks Henryporter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

The Farm on Dawson Street (or the other one up near Ballsbridge).
    Plenty of options for Vegans and their lesser evolved meat eating counterparts :D

I'd second The Farm, good broad menu and very good food too. The "other one" is actually on Leeson Street, over the bridge, past the Leeson Lounge and a short walk veering right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Farm, Milanos, Darwins, Yamamori, Diwali, all good options for everyone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The farm is very nice. Could find somewhere with vegan dessert too I guess. I'm not sure on that one, I generally have a drink instead. Actually i was reading the Farms Christmas menu last week and you can have a Cranberry & Cointreau cocktail thingy for desert.

You can also pick a restaurant and ask, they will make you a vegan meal from my experience.
    If it was to be in a pub I'd say mulligans in stoneybatter...their food is better than most restaurants and make me a new vegan meal every time I go. Farm is a lot nicer for a xmas meal though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Fallon and Byrne is a lovely place and they have a seperate vegan menu now.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Pearl Brasserie. Beautiful vegetarian menu and really nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

They also serve fois gras so for that reason alone i would avoid them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

BMJD wrote: »
    They also serve fois gras so for that reason alone i would avoid them

Yip - foie gras is up there with veal as one of the most despicable things humanity has thought up as a 'food'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

To add a suggestion, Brasserie 66 have a veggie menu:
    http://www.brasseriesixty6.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Amolis

Hi, someone over at Moodley Manor linked me here. I'm looking to organise a meal this weekend in dublin with a mix of vegan and other options.

Is it Pearl Brasserie or Fallon & Byrne that serve Foie Gras? I can't support that comfortably even for the other members of my family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭LETS GET NAKED

Just had a look at Pearl Brassiere's menu there and they do Foie Gras. As well as 'suckling pig', I didn't even know that was a thing. Sounds monstrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amolis

Think I'll give that place a miss so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, fallon & byrne have a 3 course vegan menu anyway, so would be the better choice

Advertisement