Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with your demo?

• 21-07-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm sure someone on here can help me with this!

I've been writing songs for years, most are rubbish, some alright and the select few I'm real proud of. I've always wondered how to go about getting them to the right ears at it were. Not as a performer, as a songwriter. I guess i harbor an ambition of working as a songwriter and if anyone has any advice on how to make progress in that direction I'd appreciate it.

I've read the books, mostly american so its Nashville this and that, I'm not sure how to go about it in little old ireland though! I'm sure I could get pro demos done up...but what then?

Sorry probably sounds silly but there it is!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dogmax

If you can afford to get pro demos done then do it but remember, first of all you don't say you're a musician so I'm guessing you just write lyrics so my advice is post your lyrics on songwriter sites to get feedback on them that way then you'll find out things that maybe you didn't think of, its best to know before the pro demo than after thinking i never thought of that even maybe collaboration.

After that and you have your songs recorded then get your songs out there using the Internet as for this wonderful Country of Ours, IMRO will open new doors for you but to become a member you have to have one of your songs either on commercial sale or radio or TV play, check their website, local radio is your best chance national radio don't really give a sh1t about helping songwriters in this wonderful Country of Ours so remember to keep your songs within the playing time allow on radio play, they depend heavily on advertising, after all that my Friend just go with the flow.

Best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭keyboardmouse

Hi Dogmax,

I should clarify I am a musician, I compose my songs on guitar or piano and do rough demos at home. The stereo typical home bedroom studio!
    Might try local radio for getting demo played then call on IMRO? Could be a small plan!

Advertisement