Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Want a really good ps3 game

• 15-05-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi
    am not a big gamer but i do enjoy a good game ive only played 2 games this year cod black ops and assasins creed brother hood enjoyed them both assasins creed more but the main game play was a bit short wish it was a bit longer because got bored of all the little missions that were left at the end and got all the good weapons at the end to. so if you could please give me any ideas on a new game or games doesnt have 2 be a new release could be a bit older like from 2010 onwards thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Red Dead redemption
    Think Grand Theft Auto set in the wild west.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

rcdk1 wrote: »
    Red Dead redemption
    Think Grand Theft Auto set in the wild west.

+1 this,l.a is out friday as well.have you played fallout 3/nv?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

If you liked Assassin's Creed I'd say inFamous would be a good one if you haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2

+1

2 of the best games of this generation, infact i'd say Uncharted 2 IS the best game of this generation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

+1

2 of the best games of this generation, infact i'd say Uncharted 2 IS the best game of this generation.

Looks like you have never played Super mario galaxy 1 or 2 before :rolleyes: I really did enjoy uncharted 2 and its possibly one of the best games on ps3 but its definitely not the best game of this gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Trevor451 wrote: »
    looks like you have never played super mario galaxy 1 or 2 before :rolleyes: I did really enjoy uncharted 2 but its not the best game of this gen.

Each to their own i suppose, i can't stand mario games in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Sly Copper Collection can be picked up for 20 euros in game and 3 very good games about 40 hours of gameplay here and plays a lot like assasins creed if you ask me assasins creed is based on this game

God of War Collection and number 3 one of the best PS games you can get but play from number 1st

Killzone 2 and 3 if you look CoD this game distoys if for pure fun way more fun online then CoD

I say you can pick up all 5 games for about a 100 euros here and about 100 gameplay

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

yakuza is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Not a PS3 exclusive, but get Batman: Arkham Asylum if you haven't already played it. Absolutely fantastic game and the sequel is out later this year so it is a good time to play it.

As others have said, Uncharted 1 and 2 are great too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

God of War 3 and Killzone 3. But my fav are uncharted 1 and 2 you can pick them up cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Uncharted 2
    Vanquish
    Portal 2 if you dont already have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Sonic 06 man ! If ya enjoy long loading screens, bugs , glitches ,terrible framerate ,loop di loops, oh oh and best of all a talking hedgehog thats blue :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

L.A Noire is out Friday, going to be amazing. Red dead redemption 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Like others have said you cant go wrong with Uncharted 1 & 2, also Bioshock 1 & 2 or Dead Space 1 & 2 are well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

God Of War 3.
    Heavy Rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Each to their own i suppose, i can't stand mario games in general.

Dude i thought i was only one who didnt enjoy mario games, though im trying to change my mind with galaxy 2 so far i still dont get the appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

falan wrote: »
    L.A Noire is out Friday, going to be amazing. Red dead redemption 10/10

Just got there before me! ;) Although i wouldn't have seen the thread unless you had posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

Also recommend Singularity it's not an exclusive but well worth a go. You can get it in HMV for 11.99 new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Muffinless

DEMON'S SOULS!
    I can't believe this wasn't the first reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Muffinless wrote: »
    DEMON'S SOULS!
    I can't believe this wasn't the first reply
    Really don't think it's the kind of game suited to someone who says they aren't a big gamer and play 2 games a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Muffinless

Really don't think it's the kind of game suited to someone who says they aren't a big gamer and play 2 games a year.

yeah, probably. but I think everyone should try it

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I can't believe that no one has mentioned mass effect 2!:eek:

Not a ps3 exclusive but a must play!

Finished it on the 360 but still tempted to get it on the ps3 cos of the DLC and trophies!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Remouad wrote: »
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned mass effect 2!:eek:

No one mentioned it because it probably wouldn't suit him, and it's not that great... :eek: Yes i did.

Red Dead Redemption is fantastic, as are Uncharted 1 & 2. Wouldn't really recommend Fallout 3 or New Vegas, good in their own right but not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

No one mentioned it because it probably wouldn't suit him, and it's not that great... :eek: Yes i did.

It's a game that most RPG fans love. For someone with not a lot of time for gaming, I'd give it a miss. To be honest while Uncharted 1 and 2 are good, they're definitely not the best PS3 games.

What about Crysis 2, if you like shooters. Bioshock maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Superficially like CoD but is in fact a totally different type of game. The gameplay is more in-depth with far more emphasis on squad based online play. Also has a decent solo campaign.

(BTW I'm not knocking CoD, I thoroughly enjoyed both games)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Looks like you have never played Super mario galaxy 1 or 2 before :rolleyes: I really did enjoy uncharted 2 and its possibly one of the best games on ps3 but its definitely not the best game of this gen.

best game of its ilk ever made

just like mario galaxy 2

which of the 2 is better really depends on what kind of game you prefer

Advertisement