Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nipple Piercing

• 29-07-2011 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Okay, never had any tatoos or piercings done, but I kinda fancy doing something, well I know I want to do something, so thinking of having my nipple pierced.

Can anyone tell me what to expect, will it take long to heal, does it take much minding? I play hurling, will this be a potential risk?

Also, if someone could recommend somewhere good in Waterford to get it done.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

There are loads of threads for nipple piercing advice. Search um.

JMD's or Swineline are deadly.
    Got mine done in Swineline, the people are lovely in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

Will prob try swineline.

Have read lots of d posts here alright, lot of mixed opinion on nearly everything!!

It seems like a lot of it depends on d person, so f it, I'll just go for it I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Do not let the young one in swineline near ya.

I seen one or two saying that n one or two sayin its fine, where wud ya recommend yourself?

What's wrong with her?

• Advertisement

I seen one or two saying that n one or two sayin its fine, where wud ya recommend yourself?
    What's wrong with her?
    Spent half an hour tugging at my mates nipple after piercing it with a ring that was clearly too small, made bits of his nipple.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ban an ti

Okay, never had any tatoos or piercings done, but I kinda fancy doing something, well I know I want to do something, so thinking of having my nipple pierced.

Can anyone tell me what to expect, will it take long to heal, does it take much minding? I play hurling, will this be a potential risk?

Also, if someone could recommend somewhere good in Waterford to get it done.

Thanks!!
    My piercing has loads of yellow gick coming out of it every day..its old..I clean with salty water..but it gicks a lot..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I wouldn't recommend Swineline. Just don't really like the look of the place, everything is very open. They pierce people from a very young age too which always makes me doubt places! And they have weird special offers that made me feel unneasy, get one nipple done and the second is half price :confused:

I got mine done in JMDs. Lovely private room in the back and gave me plenty of advice on after care.

Gonna assume you're a guy so can't really give you any advice beyond that!

I wouldn't recommend Swineline. Just don't really like the look of the place, everything is very open. They pierce people from a very young age too which always makes me doubt places! And they have weird special offers that made me feel unneasy, get one nipple done and the second is half price :confused:

I got mine done in JMDs. Lovely private room in the back and gave me plenty of advice on after care.

Gonna assume you're a guy so can't really give you any advice beyond that!
    Most places usually give you a bit off if you get both done tbh.

I've had my nipples done about 10-12 times at this stage and I've never paid the same price as two single nipple piercings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I guess it was just more the way the guy said it me when I went in, got a bit of a sleazy vibe off him so didn't get it done there.

Went to JMDs and couldn't get pierced that day cause the female piercer was off. I maybe wouldn't have minded if a male piercer did it but I liked their professionalism :)

Swineline just put me off ever since they pierced my sister's belly button at the age of 14 without any parent present.

• Advertisement

I guess it was just more the way the guy said it me when I went in, got a bit of a sleazy vibe off him so didn't get it done there.

Went to JMDs and couldn't get pierced that day cause the female piercer was off. I maybe wouldn't have minded if a male piercer did it but I liked their professionalism :)

Swineline just put me off ever since they pierced my sister's belly button at the age of 14 without any parent present.
    Not defending swineline, I don't like the place, merely pointing out a discount on a second nipple piercings isn rare

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Parent present or not, that shouldn't be done at 14...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

I got my nipple pierced over 2 years ago, it was my first piercing as well. It hurt for the actual moment that the bar passed through, but since then I have had no trouble with it. I got it done by a piercer in Clare, and is known to be very good, so I don't know how much of that was due to the fact I got my nipple pierced or due to the fact that he is supposed to be very good.... Anyways, I would advise that when they say to wash it with contact lenses solution twice a day for a month afterwards, do it!!! Some of my mates only washed it the odd time and they had trouble with it later on.

As for the hurling, there should be no bother with that, they are quite sturdy. I work on a farm and I got it caught in gates etc but no damage done. The thing to watch out for is your drunken friends thinking they are hilarious and trying to grab it all the time on a night out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Steff

Davyhal wrote: »
    The thing to watch out for is your drunken friends thinking they are hilarious and trying to grab it all the time on a night out!!!

Oh thank GOD I'm not the only one who's experienced the sheer unpleasantness of drunken friends swinging out of me freshly done nips...

Okay got my nipple pierced a week ago on Saturday, went into JMDs, well impressed with the place, nice and clean, the girl that did the piercing was very nice and real professional.

When it came to the actual piercing part it didn't hurt as much as I expected, however I did almost faint, I think it was just the actual sensation of it more so than anything, was really weird. It didn't bleed much at all, but i had a hurling match the following evening and it bled a small bit when I got a belt across it.

I was cleaning it twice a day with sea salt and water, down to just once a day now. Taking zinc and vit C also, good for the immune system! No problems with gick coming out or anything, seems to be healing well. All in all, well happy with it and glad i got it done, for now at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Yer 1

Most places usually give you a bit off if you get both done tbh.

I've had my nipples done about 10-12 times at this stage and I've never paid the same price as two single nipple piercings.
    How many frickin nipples do you have??!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hellolexii

<SNIP>
    Single post using it to spread rubbish about studios? Not a chance.
    Read the Charter!!!

I pierce myself usually but i would be a bit shacky doing my nipples haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

hellolexii wrote: »
    <snip>
    I pierce myself usually but i would be a bit shacky doing my nipples haha

outside of waterford, that is where you go.

I got both my nipples done in Swineline, among others and had no issues, Sarah the piercer is great craic, opens a fresh needle in front of you and disposes of it in front of you afterwards as well, they get a bad rep but they're just having fun with what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fruttituttii

Just wondering how long do you have ous coming out of nipple piercing? I have mine done a year and still get some, never sore though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

I got my nipple pierced 2 weeks ago. I have wanted to get it done for a good while but kept talking myself out of it :) Anyway I went to a place in town where the guy there sat me town and gave me a good 15 minute talk on the proceedure and what would happen and a big discussion on aftercare. He was very professional and we got down to business.

I would be lying if I said it didnt hurt cos it did. It hurt really badly BUT only for a milisecond.

So far everything is fine with it. I am doing the aftercare cleaning to the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sounds like a good experience so far! Where'd you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Star Lord wrote: »
    Sounds like a good experience so far! Where'd you go?

A place in Cavan town called Precision Piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Had to remove my piercing recently....drunken mates are no match for a 3yr old couch diving on you every evening directly onto the nipple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

question...does your nipple piercing heal over if you take the piercing out for any length of time? (Like a tongue piercing)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭LeBash

daheff wrote: »
    question...does your nipple piercing heal over if you take the piercing out for any length of time? (Like a tongue piercing)?

Ive often taken mine out for 3 days at a time while away on beeswax and never had an issue. Maybe one of the experts here would advise if im wrong but i was told this is very slow at healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

A nipple piercing will, in general, heal over in time. The length of time varies from person to person and is also dependent on how long the piercing was in place for. Lavender and vitamin e help to speed up the process.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just wondering how long do you have pus coming out of nipple piercing? I have mine done a year and still get some, never sore though.

I have mine done 21 years now and Ive never taken them out once. Regarding the pus thing I use mine like an indicator of my general health.When Im about to get a cold or flu I get a bit lymphy (is that even a word) even now years on.
    I know when Im coming down with something a day or so before I get full on man flu so it give me time to get the lemsip in!!!

Advertisement