Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving in to Riverwalk for second semester

• 26-11-2014 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

So as the title says I'm looking at moving into riverwalk for second semester. I have been allocated a place today but The email said the following "It is a 3 bed apartment
    The price is €350.00 deposit €1121.00 rental plus €100.00 fee for the refuse" does this mean that the rent has to be paid in one lump sum ? If anybody knows please inform me as it says nothing about this on there rental terms on the website. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Yeah its a lump sum alright. Was with anyone i knew anyway. Been that way for years with all the college apartments.

I dont know if college apartment landlords are able to manage it themselves. Ive never seen it anyway but best to ring and ask.

is there no contact number on the letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The €1121 is for the whole 3 rooms per month I'd assume, so at an educated guess, the amount you have to pay up front is €350 (deposit) + €373.66 (first month) + €100 (refuse)

Also, LOL at €100 for refuse. Bunch of bluffers.

...and if it is the case that they'd expect that much up-front their system is a total mess. Inner city Dublin apartment at MAX are deposit + 2 months rent up-front.

callaway92 wrote: »
    The €1121 is for the whole 3 rooms per month I'd assume, so at an educated guess, the amount you have to pay up front is €350 (deposit) + €373.66 (first month) + €100 (refuse)

Also, LOL at €100 for refuse. Bunch of bluffers.

...and if it is the case that they'd expect that much up-front their system is a total mess. Inner city Dublin apartment at MAX are deposit + 2 months rent up-front.

I don't think the rent is divided by 3 . Never heard of a group in trouble because 1 person didnt pay rent or dropped out.

When i was in another college apartment it was just 2 lump sums a year with nothing separate for refuse.

93 a week seems steep aswell per person.

If that is the case it's pretty horrible (looking for so much up-front).

Maybe that's why they seem to cater for the Erasmus/Non-National students more than Manor Village/Strawberry Hill as that's what seems to be working for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 soupyryan13

Yeah got a reply from them they wanted 1121 up front for rent for 1 semester plus a deposit of 350 plus the 100 for refuse :O they may dream on with that one if i had that money to hand id be on the road driving to college ....

• Advertisement

Some shower of jokers. Look in to the other student accommodation.

Do Riverwalk hate money or something? They're potentially turning away hundreds of students who'd be returning from work placement etc with these bs decisions.

If anything they should be reducing prices to get people to fill empty rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Dammit. I missed my opportunity to dis riverwalk. I was there 3 ish years ago. Its cold, can be noisy, have stupid vents in the room that whistle if the wind blows into them, did I mention cold?, the net was bad unless your up at 3 in the morning, its a bit cold, ammm..... thats all I got now. O but the place is a palace when compared to manor village!

fizzypish wrote: »
    Dammit. I missed my opportunity to dis riverwalk. I was there 3 ish years ago. Its cold, can be noisy, have stupid vents in the room that whistle if the wind blows into them, did I mention cold?, the net was bad unless your up at 3 in the morning, its a bit cold, ammm..... thats all I got now. O but the place is a palace when compared to manor village!

20 quid for an electric oil heater in Kelly and Dollard would have improved your college experience greatly! Plug her in and hide her somewhere so no one else kops it. Have her timed to come on just before you arrive home.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭fizzypish

20 quid for an electric oil heater in Kelly and Dollard would have improved your college experience greatly! Plug her in and hide her somewhere so no one else kops it. Have her timed to come on just before you arrive home.

Wouldn't have mattered. Those rooms don't hold heat. The heat up very fast but as soon turn off the heater it freezing. I was too much of a mean **** to pay for the electricity anyway.

fizzypish wrote: »
    Wouldn't have mattered. Those rooms don't hold heat. The heat up very fast but as soon turn off the heater it freezing. I was too much of a mean **** to pay for the electricity anyway.

Thats why i said oil. They are cheap and the bill is split between all people i thought.

Solution to losing heat when its turned off is not to turn it off! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement