Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands Rappers? :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Badhb wrote: »
    She's a better poet/artist than most of Aos Dána.

****ing hell, kids that can do nothing but
    mouth off now are poets n artistes

so stick em on sky arts with all the metalheads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm a huge hip hop fan and i have to say the majority of irish hip hop is pure concentrated shíte.

It's not an irish thing and it should be left to americans and some english people, in saying that there is some half decent irish artists out there but as i said the majority = scutter.

I was lax one time and liked a bit of rap, whether tricky or roots or bestial boyz long as it featured musicianship in there too

but mosta what that scene gave leeway to, 99.999% shìte alrite

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    It's not an irish thing and it should be left to americans and some english people

The only reason Americans, and English to some extent, have dominated rap is because they've been doing it much longer and they've much larger populations.
    LH Pathe wrote:
    kids that can do nothing but mouth off now are poets n artistes
    "No expression but blaspheming and swearing to distant gods,
    Coupled with your confidence and rights education is down trod; and non-existent,
    "Scumbags" not worth opportunity,
    Not given half a chance in this so-called "community"
    "

Saying that's simply "mouthing off" is hardly fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Seachmall wrote: »
    The only reason Americans, and English to some extent, have dominated rap is because they've been doing it much longer and they've much larger populations.

And much larger populations of ethnic minorities.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sindri wrote: »
    And much larger populations of ethnic minorities.:)

Nothing to do with it.

3 white rappers, completely different styles. Some of the best of their subgenres.

Only mainstream rap is dominated by ethnic minorities, once you exclude Eminem of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

^:confused: Wasn't serious :confused:^

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Agree it will be cringe worthy in the extreme BUT, the blonde bird in the add would get the good news.

Even back in heyday of black culture w/ all the great musicality in funk n soul, you'd think it messed up all our thin lizzy heads were going around like the black folk from across the water. Stylish as it was

so you can bet u all look like mega clowns today. What an unfortunate dominant yoof scene yous have bn born into

• Advertisement

Sindri wrote: »
    ^:confused: Wasn't serious :confused:^

Just looking for an excuse to post videos.

<_< >_>

lads there's a thread in the hip hop forum discussing all this shít if you wanna talk about it there :)

lads there's a thread in the hip hop forum discussing all this shít if you wanna talk about it there :)

Nah, too many wigers in there.

:pac:

Nah, too many wigers in there.

:pac:

too many what?

too many what?

It's a slur for white people who are into the hip-hop culture.

It was a joke by the way, in case anyone gets offended.

Should be spelt "Wigger".

It's a slur for white people who are into the hip-hop culture.

It was a joke by the way, in case anyone gets offended.

aah i see, it's just that you spelt wigger wrong and i hadn't a clue what you were talking about, well it'd be discussed a lot more thoroughly in the hip hop forum instead of the random shít gettin said in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Weirdly just after seeing one of those comments on youtube, you know them "thumbs up, so people can see my talent, just need a chance" things. Was one for an irish rapper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

too many what?

Wigers. They're a cross between a Whale and a Tiger. Probably my favourite animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

IMO the Cork accent is more suited to hip hop because it has a natural rhythm and melody to it. The Dub accent is too flat`.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

You fools:

From THIS

VIA

To THIS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'm a huge hip hop fan and i have to say the majority of irish hip hop is pure concentrated shíte.

It's not an irish thing and it should be left to americans and some english people, in saying that there is some half decent irish artists out there but as i said the majority = scutter.
    I rember when people said the same about British hip hop. Its very new in this country but I have heard talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

CiaranMT wrote: »

The production is quality on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Glad someone's already posted Messiah J - I used to think this genre was ****e until I discovered them a few years back.

Same here. Didn't even know Ireland had a rap scene really but I heard that song on a radio show for Irish music and I liked it. Listened to some of their other stuff and it was just as good.

Had completely forgotten about them and that song, glad it's back in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SpikeMilligan

Thought the documentary was good. It could have focused more on the music and less on the some of the background stories.Still, if it promote some of the talent in Ireland, then happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

I think that fella spiral off bb inspired most of them , and well that says it all , what do you think?

Nobody who raps in Ireland was inspired in the slightest by Spiral. THAT opinion is way off.

Anyway heres two vids that were on the doc last night

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Class az - the evidence is probably one of the best rap tunes to come out in the last year (worldwide), irish rap has come a long way and weve got some talent in this country, l love seeing the typical racist responses of 'wigger' and other phrases implying rap is only for black people. Yet another successful AH thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

for me an irish guy rapping is like a chinese lad with a bodhran, they just dont go together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

On the Republic of Telly the other night there was a gang from Carlow rapping, it was very funny and good.
    Messiah J are decent and I'm sure there is some decent stuff around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Rap music to me means Chuck D, Beastie Boys, Afrika Bambaataa or even the godfather himself Gil Scott Heron RIP.

Not some pasty Irish kid who is pissed off cos he cant afford an ipad 4 (or whatever ****ing version is out now)

agree, but you forgot about Dre

ps thought the Class A's were good though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Advertisement