Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

(NomCon 2014) Anyone want to share hotel room

• 16-07-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

NomCon is a few weeks away. (1)Who else is going?! (2) Does anyone want to share a hotel room, so that it costs less? NomCon is on at Ballsbridge Hotel so I was thinking of getting a room there but if you know a better place to get a room, let me know! :D

ABOUT ME:
    19 year old, male, from Cork.
    Favourite animes: Death Note, Bleach, Host Club and Kaichou wa maid-sama
    Favourite movies: anything Studio Ghibli (mainly Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service. I actually havent seen Totoro yet!)
    What I will cosplay as: either Timmy Turner (Fairly Odd Parents) or the BBC version of Sherlock!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hurricanefloss

I've never been but these things are normally kinda lame.. do they get a turn out?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AnonEmos99

This will be my first convention but, judging by what my friends have said, they do get turn outs. And Eirtakon is meant to be even huger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I've never been but these things are normally kinda lame.. do they get a turn out?

Yes they do Nomcon last year filled the venue and sure Eirtakon last year had nearly 2,000 at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hurricanefloss

Awesome, I mean cons in general, long as its actually fun and not just a sales stand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Awesome, I mean cons in general, long as its actually fun and not just a sales stand

Most have lots of panels and workshop that 'comic con' which ran in the rds recently was run by a company and was just sales stands, were as all the other conventions which run in Ireland are done by volunteers and are happy to cover the costs of running event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I won't be going to NomCom but...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone at Christopher Sabat's dubbing workshop? He confirmed Dragonball GT is no longer canon, there you have it ;).

Advertisement