Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CM Punk Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Awesome. Love how WWE are using the internet, social media and word of mouth basically in getting to the next line of the story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

http://www.pinfallmagazine.com/2011/07/punk-hits-the-indy-scene-aaw/

"Punk has seemingly made his first non-WWE appearance in wrestling since he took the WWE Championship with him on his way out of the WWE. According to Jimmy Jacobs and the photo that accompanies this post, CM Punk cut a promo in-front of the AAW fans tonight. I’ll update this post as more news comes in, but for right now… It’s cool to see/hear.

Where will Punk show up next?"

punker-300x257.jpg

http://yfrog.com/nq4x5z

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone think this could lead to a new attitide era???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What do you mean?

A replica of the Attitude era

or

Punks RAW promo being a start of a new timeline in WWE that will be given a title.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Nope. Here's hoping it brings in a fresher era which dwarfs the attitude era in comparison of awesomeness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What you didn’t hear was Triple H replying to CM Punk’s comment, “I’m sure Stephanie has my number. Just have her call me.” Triple H replied, “I’ll just call Beth (Phoenix) and get it from her.” WWE has officially gone viral.

From Creative Recall.

Hehe, I know there was plenty of rumours (enough that they had to be taken seriously) about Punk and Beth, but I guess that confirms it.

For pure awkwardness I want Punk to show up in Shimmer and have a SES reunion with Serena.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

From Creative Recall.

Hehe, I know there was plenty of rumours (enough that they had to be taken seriously) about Punk and Beth, but I guess that confirms it.

Yeah I don't think it was any great secret. She was mentioned as being in his apartment when he did that GQ interview, some of his mates tagged both of them in a tweet when they were all out etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

Ya know I decided just after Dwaynemania that I was done with WWE and started watching some stuff from around the globe instead but seeing this C.M. Punk stuff in the last while has reignited my love for Global Entertainment or whatever they call it. Its been epic.

Favourite moment so far is a toss up between "yeah thats right I'm a Paul Heyman guy" and "Hi Colt Cabana"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    For pure awkwardness I want Punk to show up in Shimmer and have a SES reunion with Serena.

Why would that be awkward Serena is about the only Diva he hasn't had, or has he?

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Why would that be awkward Serena is about the only Diva he hasn't had, or has he?

Wouldnt you be embarrassed about bumping into Punk if you were Serena? Punk is the fella who went to bat for her to bring her up from developmental only for you to fall down the stairs in a club after getting sloppy drunk a few too many times? Pure scarlet for the young one.

HD Version of the video is up for those who dont know Jeremy Irons is a wrestler with cerebal palsy with limited use of one of his arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

rovert wrote: »

HD Version of the video is up for those who dont know Jeremy Irons is a wrestler with cerebal palsy with limited use of one of his arms.

I see AAW bought their ring mat on e bay from ROH.

I know we have seen the first 2 minutes but its got a very interesting retort by HHH and a possibility of what he could say tonight, if there are any punk chants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

DM-ICE wrote: »
    What do you mean?

A replica of the Attitude era

or

Punks RAW promo being a start of a new timeline in WWE that will be given a title.

This is what I hope! Get rid of PG & that ridiculous WWE Championship belt.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CM Punk was on Jimmy Kimmel last nite in a skit; no idea why it's in two parts but here ya go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,036 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

thought that was pretty lame tbh and it sounded very promising.

Liam O wrote: »
    thought that was pretty lame tbh and it sounded very promising.

Jimmy Kimmel is crap most of the time anyway,apparently wwe were trying to get Punk on a few tv talk shows when he "left" wwe. Mustn't of gotten too far with it if thats the best they could do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

American talk shows in general are crap and all the same, apart from Jay Leno IMO...

Surprised he wasn't on Jay Leno considering Leno's connection to wrestling.

Hmmm, surprised Hogan hasn't hit him up for something at Bound For Glory actually.

• Advertisement

Don't have $500 to shell out on eBay? How about $25 from wweshop? :)

W03355pi.jpg

• Sorry for going off topic but has anyone ever bought a shirt off WWEshop.com?

If so how much was postage and how long did it take to arrive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

So stipulations for match at summerslam? the ball needs to firlmy be in punks court becoz if not he looks like a ****in idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Don't have $500 to shell out on eBay? How about $25 from wweshop? :)

Pity it doesn't have the original 'Chicago 7*17*11' on it, but still I think I may be tempted into purchasing my first wwe T-shirt since the Eddie 'Viva La Raza' tribute t-shirt.

If the Summer of Punk wants to be more like the Summer of George he should turn up next week & pretend he never quit or he could just fake a disability.

• GTR63 wrote: »
    If the Summer of Punk wants to be more like the Summer of George he should turn up next week & pretend he never quit

Georges boss on the Monday morning - "Is that Costanza?" :D

Really want to get that CM Punk shirt.

I think the last wrestling shirt I bought was the smiley face with a mankind mask on it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Sorry for going off topic but has anyone ever bought a shirt off WWEshop.com?

If so how much was postage and how long did it take to arrive?

Postage for one or two t-shirts is 6.95USD, so around 5 Euro.

They say it can take between 7-14 business days to arrive, but bear in mind that they won't have the shirt in stock until August 5th.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Postage for one or two t-shirts is 6.95USD, so around 5 Euro.

and that is up to how many shirts?

• Advertisement

Georges boss on the Monday morning - "Is that Costanza?" :D

If he was to slip a mickey into Trips water it would be the greatest conclusion to a storyline ever.

Advertisement