Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mms settings for tesco mobile for iphone

• 21-05-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

earlier i got this email from tesco mobile ireland
    on mms setup

iPhone Settings

1. If you have an iPhone 4 get a Tesco Mobile Micro SIM. Call Customer
    Care on 1749 or 0894200000 and they can get one sent out to you. You
    will need to call them back when you get it to get your number
    transferred to the SIM.

2. Put the Tesco Mobile SIM in unlocked iPhone and perform normal setup
    via iTunes

3. Go to Settings->General->Network and Turn Data Roaming On

4. Also in Settings->General->Network go to Mobile Data Network
    Put APN and MMS proxy details in as below

a) Enter the following details into Mobile Data at the top of the
    section.

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Username: leave empty
    Password: leave empty

b) Enter following details into the MMS section.

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080
    Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL : leave empty

Reboot your handset and you are now configured for the Internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoinken

Hi James,
    Just to say thanks for this post. After updating the OS on my iPhone i had problems sending mms. I am on tesco mobile and tried every solution including multiple restores. Turns out the setting on the iPhone does not have a separate one for MMS port so I included the 8080 in the proxy as per above and it worked perfectly. The setting on the Tesco mobile site have it as a separate line. Just called their support to let them know but thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fpbrady

Finally got my iPhone 4 to send and receive MMS messages on Tesco mobile after using mobile data info supplied by Jamescc. TESCO mobile need to insure correct input data is available in their customer support section. Thanks Jamescc and eoinken for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭slegs

fpbrady wrote: »
    Finally got my iPhone 4 to send and receive MMS messages on Tesco mobile after using mobile data info supplied by Jamescc. TESCO mobile need to insure correct input data is available in their customer support section. Thanks Jamescc and eoinken for info.

You mean the same data that is in the section called Phone Settings on their homepage

http://www.tescomobile.ie/helpandsupport/phone-settings.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cam57

slegs wrote: »
    You mean the same data that is in the section called Phone Settings on their homepage

http://www.tescomobile.ie/helpandsupport/phone-settings.aspx

MMS does not work when inputted as per tesco website. MMS port 8080 actually goes on the end of MMS proxy 10.1.11.19 so the correct setting is MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080 this is not on the website and really needs to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but it's relevant I promise :-)

Was unable to send MMS on an iPhone 5c since moving to Tesco Mobile earlier this year. Entered all of the settings as above and on the Tesco site. No dice!

Turns out, MMS won't work on the iPhone 5c if wifi is on. Tesco confirmed this today. :confused:

Sends and receives MMS fine now when only 3G is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭guil

That's crap it does. EMobile were always saying the same and I posted screenshots showing an mms sending on wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

guil wrote: »
    That's crap it does. EMobile were always saying the same and I posted screenshots showing an mms sending on wifi.

I don't know what to tell you. My 5c will only send on Tesco when the wifi is off. Never had the issue with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 feorais

I am distracted trying to get my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 to send / receive attachments(family photos). I bought the phone outright from Vodafone in Ck. on Shannon & got it unlocked to work with Tesco Mobile. Using Messenger, I can receive / read the actual message, but just will not download the photo attached.It will not send photo messages either. I have visited Tesco website many times. I have talked with their service people dozens of times and when they fail, they promise to "look into it" but that's the end of it. I have travelled to their pop-up shop in Jervis Centre, and have also called into several of their larger stores, all tried to help by copying settings from the website, from their own Android phones and using a series of different variations on the Tesco website settings page, always saving the changes and re-booting the phone.Nothing works however.I believe that somewhere , there is somebody who knows how to fix this problem! I am quite elderly and live in Co. Leitrim. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

feorais wrote: »
    I am distracted trying to get my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 to send / receive attachments(family photos). I bought the phone outright from Vodafone in Ck. on Shannon & got it unlocked to work with Tesco Mobile. Using Messenger, I can receive / read the actual message, but just will not download the photo attached.It will not send photo messages either. I have visited Tesco website many times. I have talked with their service people dozens of times and when they fail, they promise to "look into it" but that's the end of it. I have travelled to their pop-up shop in Jervis Centre, and have also called into several of their larger stores, all tried to help by copying settings from the website, from their own Android phones and using a series of different variations on the Tesco website settings page, always saving the changes and re-booting the phone.Nothing works however.I believe that somewhere , there is somebody who knows how to fix this problem! I am quite elderly and live in Co. Leitrim. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in anticipation.

Hi, you're in the wrong forum. Try the Vodafone one. This is Apple Devices.

Advertisement