Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blanch Odeon Cinema Air Con

Options
  • 14-07-2014 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

What moron decided to upgrade the Cinema's air conditioning system during the middle of the summer, resulting in there being NO air conditioning system for weeks?

2-2.5 hours in a cinema in hot weather with no air con is not fun at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Id imagine the cinemas management team made the decision ?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

What moron decided to upgrade the Cinema's air conditioning system during the middle of the summer, resulting in there being NO air conditioning system for weeks?

2-2.5 hours in a cinema in hot weather with no air con is not fun at all.

You forgot to put "Rant over" at the end of your Facebook type status update

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Sure its never on anyways,one of the many rants I have about that cinema.

Three hours with ads in the middle of the day watching Transformers was not fun,neither was paying €20 for a standard ticket and large drink.

Its no wonder its always empty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Barrel wrote: »
    You forgot to put "Rant over" at the end of your Facebook type status update

I don't use Facebook, so I wouldn't know what a Facebook type status update is meant to be like.

I was expressing my concern and disappointment over something that concerns D15 residents who use this facility. In other words, my thread is on-topic...unlike your comment.

Ads are ridiculous there too, at least 20 mins of ads before every movie to supplement the already high ticket price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I always try my hardest to go on "bargain" or more like reduced Wednesday now when possible.

I would say the Aircon broke, they are just saying they are upgrading it as it sounds more business like.
    Although for me i would think like yourself, upgrading during the summer, how stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I always find the air-con very hit and miss. either an icebox or a sauna. I wouldnt mind but was watching a gangster film earlier in the year and it was roasting, no air con on. Funny thing is, film was set in the 1930s and one scene took place in a cinema, with air conditioning advertised, got a bit of a laugh around the room.

Advertisement