Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I need a bit of advice

• 02-11-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i recently installed some software to keep an eye on my daughters web activity. There was no need to be concernd it turned out. The problem is that I discovered that my wife is having a fling. I havent confronted her yet. Her work requires her to stay away from home about 2 nights a month. this is when she meets this guy. I know from her e mails to her friends that she is not in love or anything. I never suspected a thing. If i say anything she will accuse me of spying and may make the situation worse. we have a young family so seperation would really affect them. Do not know what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

peterot wrote: »
    i recently installed some software to keep an eye on my daughters web activity. There was no need to be concernd it turned out. The problem is that I discovered that my wife is having a fling. I havent confronted her yet. Her work requires her to stay away from home about 2 nights a month. this is when she meets this guy. I know from her e mails to her friends that she is not in love or anything. I never suspected a thing. If i say anything she will accuse me of spying and may make the situation worse. we have a young family so seperation would really affect them. Do not know what to do.

I don't think you were deliberately trying to catch her out regardless of the fact she is cheating! She has gone behind your back and cheated it is also a topic among her friends horror! IMO talk to her and see what happens the choice is yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

On the moral culpability scale, cheating trumps spying. She has not right to the moral upper hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

How you found out is not the issue. You really need to talk to her. Don't stay quiet on this. Communicate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

moved to PI. please note that their charter applies from
    now onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

If you did in fact install the software to check your daughters, not your wifes web activity, I assume your wife was aware that you were installing the software? If so I wouldn't hesitate in questioning her on it. Can you be 100% that she is cheating on you? Were there any signs?Your going to have to ask her about it either that or turn a blind eye. Hard thing to do Op when you know what the consequences may be.Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

As you have already posted this thread in this forum OP, I'm going to lock this one.

As threads do get moved to the relevant area, please don't post the same thing in multiple forums.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement