Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One Night Stand - Terrified about STD

Options
  • 12-02-2012 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello

I am posting here because i am genuinely terrified about the ramifications of a one night stand i had last night.

WHAT HAPPENED:

I know it has been often said but genuinely, i never done this before. I have had one girlfriend and we recently broke up - I decided to drown my sorrows and head out for a lads night out last night - Everything was going great and i ended up meeting a Nice looking women (Slightly older than me), and we spent the hours together in the club. Eventually she came back to mine, and we had sexual intercourse.

While making love, my condom split and i genuinely panicked. I immediately withdrew, and proceeded to put on another - although i genuinely dont do this kind of thing, i am obviously not an idiot, and know that one must always wear protection. The lady immediately stated that it didnt matter as she is on the pill -

So, its the morning after and i am no seriously stressed and rapidly becoming depressed about the situation - the fact that she seemed OK for me to continue without protection has set my mind on fire - obviously she has much more experience and has done this more than once -

Genuinely guys im terrified - given that the Condom broke, should i get an STD test - how soon should i get a test - I genuienly withdrew the moment the break occured - is this in any sense of the word sufficiant -

I really do require your advice folks - its my sole reason for joining boards - Thanks you all in advance - Its obviously a sensitive issue but a friend recommended i join boards and ask for advice -

Again thanks

O

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Timing is not a factor when it comes to eliminating risk. Get checked out at a clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

A condom won't protect you from every STD anyway.

Get checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Anonymous2012

is it too early to get checked for certain STD's - its been a while since i did Sex-ed - but i seem to remember that you have to wait to get checked for HIV - is this the case - thanks for the quick response guys - Im pulling my hair out at the moment -

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Some like HIV have an incubation period. But even then it's not too clear how long in general the incubation period for HIV is. It ranges very differently for a lot of people.

To be honest, i'd be weary of saying much more on it than that as I'd not want to give you misinformation on it.

Your best bet would be to get checked and ask at a clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Best advice would be visit your GP.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement