Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revelations with Circle Pad Pro (pre-order!!!)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Banjo wrote: »
    tter arrive tomorrow, my 2nd entry to the 3DS Ltd Edition draw is counting on it...

Edit : LATE POST!
    Woooohoooooo
    Did anyone else get about 8 copies of the manual?

Yeah, I did. Guess they were just thrown in because anyone from Europe could have ordered form Zavvi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I went and cancelled by RE:R order with Zavvi when it was 37 for the game and circle pad after reading Edge's 6/10 review!
    Arse!
    After playing the demo I wanted it again but the price went up to 47.
    I picked it up in Smyths for 40 and I will get the circle pad in whatever deal Zavvi have for MGS3D, hopefully another 37 deal!

There's probably going to be a Kid Icarus Bundle featuring the new stand, cpp and the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

hows everyone finding it so far?
    I was sceptical but the controls with the pad do feel great, even if it does look ridiculous.

I've only ever really played Resi 4 for more than 10 minutes and I always felt I was playing it wrong - I would calmly stand in one spot an pop bullets into spanish yokels' heads from a distance. I get the feeling that's not what the games are about (which was confirmed when I replayed the first village in Resi4 and walked into the middle of it then ran away from danger to hide in a house. And then Bagface came for me... awesome fun, but not really my first instinct in games). However in this I don't really see any option but to calmly try and pop the anemonombies in the face 'cause there's no where to run to. Am I missing something?

Who the hell goes on a rescue mission and only brings 10 bullets?

I've never played a game that featured an autopsy on an elephants mickey in the first 10 minutes before. Refreshing!

Edit : Someone mentioned run-and-gun, you can't run but you can back slowly away from the aforementioned AECs (Angry Elephant Cock) while simultaneously aiming and firing with the 2nd stick.
    I'm loving the CPP. So much so, I'm concocting a plausible story to explain how I came to own one that doesn't involve spending any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

'Mayday mayday mayyyyyyyyydayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!'

Love it so far, love the way the stories are jumping around between Claire/Chris/Parker etc.
    And the 'Previsiously, on RE:R' is pretty cool.

The CPP is great I think. Much better than without it!
    Best looking game so far on the 3DS for me!

Wonder if Capcom will make a follow up to this on the 3DS(and maybe the Vita too).

There's a lot of typos in this game.

I say a lot, but I think it was four. Only on episode three. There's one in the game's manual as well. Puts O'Brian down as part of the BSSA when it should be BSAA.

Good game though.

• Advertisement

There's a lot of typos in this game.

I say a lot, but I think it was four. Only on episode three. There's one in the game's manual as well. Puts O'Brian down as part of the BSSA when it should be BSAA.

Good game though.

So it wasn't just the American box!

I found the cpp controls just plain weird, but that might just be down to me after getting used to the controls before I got the cpp from zavvi.
    Plus, I'm not very good at dualstick controls anyway, they disorient me.

Started playing Raid mode with a mate last night, liked it a lot, additive must say. Better than having mercenaries mode it think, but I never really liked mercenaries.

Hows everyone else getting on with Revelations?

Just finished episode one - I don't have a lot of time this week for gameplaying with sound on, and this game really needs sound to be fully appreciated.

Enjoying it so far though there are a few things that bug me :
    • I take it I'm supposed to know who Chris and Jessica are, and who Jill is, and give a **** about them all. However I don't and I don't. Given the awesome "Previously on Revelations" recap at the start of an episode a brief 2-minute "Previously on Resident Evil" key scenes thing introducing the key characters would have been nice.
    • Similarly, none of the characters seem phased by the fairly grotesque beasties crawling out of the walls in Ep1. Ok, maybe they've seen it all before in Resi 1-5 + Spin-offs, but that only robs the game of tension. We'd have been better off following the last surviving crewman of the boat and his trusty pipe wrench, Willie Jnr.
    • How is it that the Anenomombies can pick up NPCs and fling them with superhuman strength into a wall, but only shamble towards the player at a snails pace and be easily overpowered by a fairly thin looking woman who's having her neck bitten, not complaining as it's saved my bacon a number of times on Normal mode but still...
    • Speaking of which, there seems to be no penalty for getting bitten. Why has Jill's head not swollen up and grown a huge tentacle-sucker-neck-biting-tongue? These beasties have been using her like a buffet?
    • Max capacity 30 bullets? Silly. Would have made more sense to have a max capacity of 5 or 6 clips, but when you reload you drop the current clip, even if there are still bullets in it. More tension in how you manage your ammo. That said, Jill's catsuit doesn't appear to have many pockets so maybe it's fair
    • Am I supposed to be able to read what's written on the flag at the end of the episode, or know who the gas-masked guy is? I couldn't and didn't.
    • Running away is not an option. So the game seems to consist of walk-walk-walk back-away-shoot walk-walk which when you stop and think about it is actually a pretty boring way to spend your time. Or would be if you took away the awesome visuals and sound...
    (no idea if there are any actual spoilers in there, but since I ruined Elephant Penis Beach for everyone I'm not taking any more chances.
    Ah anyway, it's a pretty cool and atmospheric. Maybe I just need to read a few Wiki articles so I know what the hell is going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Is anywhere still selling the bundle?

Is anywhere still selling the bundle?

Zavvi are the only ones in Europe as far as I know.

Just finished the main campaign! Final boss, I found to be a pain.... Think this game will get a good few play throughs!
    Whats everyone think of the little bit with Jessica in the cafe at the end of the credits? RE:R2?
    Yes please! :D

• Advertisement

Zavvi are the only ones in Europe as far as I know.

Just finished the main campaign! Final boss, I found to be a pain.... Think this game will get a good few play throughs!
    Whats everyone think of the little bit with Jessica in the cafe at the end of the credits? RE:R2?
    Yes please! :D

bol.com in the Netherlands sell it.
    http://www.bol.com/nl/p/games/resident-evil-2-revelations-circle-pad-pro-3ds/1004004012000898/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

my one arrived few days ago and game was missing from the box??????

got back to zavvi waiting on a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 34,420 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

my one arrived few days ago and game was missing from the box??????

got back to zavvi waiting on a reply

Serious?! Does it look like it's been tampered with? That's weird.

As for impressions, I'm really enjoying this myself. Some sections are a little too gun heavy (to be honest I'd rather if the whole game was just the Jill section on the Zenobia) but overall I guess it means it will appease both new and old RE fans.

Oh and to anyone who hasn't played it yet, make sure the volume is up full for 'Mayday mayday mayyyyyyyyydayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!' :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Serious?! Does it look like it's been tampered with? That's weird.

As for impressions, I'm really enjoying this myself. Some sections are a little too gun heavy (to be honest I'd rather if the whole game was just the Jill section on the Zenobia) but overall I guess it means it will appease both new and old RE fans.

Oh and to anyone who hasn't played it yet, make sure the volume is up full for 'Mayday mayday mayyyyyyyyydayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!' :pac:

Very strange the cart is missing!
    The box is pretty easy to open and close with the sticky things on the side so I would say Royal Mail or An Post got in there before you did sadly!

HAHAHAHA! May... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! brilliant!

On my second play through now, enjoying it more!

Raid mode FTW! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd agree with the above, but it does help make the other characters feel a bit different too.

Especially with "maaayy daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy" and THAT laughter, they've done a fantastic job on the audio in the game! Cracks of thunder, creaks of the boats, the wind, all make a great atmosphere.

Master of the Universe

Very strange the cart is missing!
    The box is pretty easy to open and close with the sticky things on the side so I would say Royal Mail or An Post got in there before you did sadly!

HAHAHAHA! May... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! brilliant!

On my second play through now, enjoying it more!

Raid mode FTW! :pac:

What's the story with Raid mode? Is it a 2 player co-op or something?
    I'd agree with the above, but it does help make the other characters feel a bit different too.

Especially with "maaayy daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy" and THAT laughter, they've done a fantastic job on the audio in the game! Cracks of thunder, creaks of the boats, the wind, all make a great atmosphere.

One bit I loved was when you got to the top of a staircase and there was a window blasted out with the moon shining in. The boat is rocking side to side, there's wind howling in the broken window, cracks of thunder and the shadow effects on the wall are mind blowing for a handheld.

Sometimes I'm convinced Nintendo managed to sneak a PSP Vita into the circle pad pro.

What's the story with Raid mode? Is it a 2 player co-op or something?

One bit I loved was when you got to the top of a staircase and there was a window blasted out with the moon shining in. The boat is rocking side to side, there's wind howling in the broken window, cracks of thunder and the shadow effects on the wall are mind blowing for a handheld.

Sometimes I'm convinced Nintendo managed to sneak a PSP Vita into the circle pad pro.

Raid Mode is single player, local co-op or online.
    Kinda like an Arcade game to me. You shot as many Zoidberg/monsters to get keys to move on and not get hit to get high scores. There is no story in Raid Mode. You unlock parts of Raid mode as you go through the main game.

You level up as you go along in Riad Mode, I'm at level 20 right now. You go through all the different settings from the main game, but some rooms you can get into that are not open in the main game, but these rooms might only have bullets or herbs.

The guns you get, Magnum Hawk, yum :eek:
    Hope this helps!

I dont get the vita thing you said there lol,:o sorry.

Master of the Universe

Raid Mode is single player, local co-op or online.
    Kinda like an Arcade game to me. You shot as many Zoidberg/monsters to get keys to move on and not get hit to get high scores. There is no story in Raid Mode. You unlock parts of Raid mode as you go through the main game.

You level up as you go along in Riad Mode, I'm at level 20 right now. You go through all the different settings from the main game, but some rooms you can get into that are not open in the main game, but these rooms might only have bullets or herbs.

The guns you get, Magnum Hawk, yum :eek:
    Hope this helps!

I dont get the vita thing you said there lol,:o sorry.

Excellent, I'll be sure to give Raid Mode a go after I've finished the main campaign :)

What I meant by the Vita thing is the game looks and sounds so good I can't believe it's 3DS hardware running it :P

Oh, ha, got cha. Yeah I do think the same, it does look amazing! Lets hope for more of this standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

So, I got the CPP and Revelations separately as I couldn't find them on Zavvi or anywhere else.

Completed Episodes 1 through 3 about 2 hours in so I could unlock Raid Mode, and jaysus is it fun. I find it way more fun than Mercenaries and I love that there are a good few weapons to unlock and upgrade. Easily the best game I've bought this year so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Is it just me or does the game lag a bit before monsters come out? Kinda spoils the scariness as the lag forwarns me lol :L

Mine don't no lag unless there's a boss, or I'm in an elevator.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Or one of those ships wheel rooms joining two areas!

Finally finished Ep3 and am in on the Maaaaaaydaaaaaay joke :) More importantly I've unlocked Raid mode. I'm going to mostly be playing this solo - any recommendations for loadouts and such? Also, I noticed that after opening the shop 3 times I got 3 different selections of weapons to buy - pistols, then shotguns, then rifles. If I keep opening it up will it keep ramping up the awesomeness and start offering me gauss guns and surface to zombie missiles?

It's a simple little thing but allowing you to - if stuck for weapons - take the dog for a walk or go down the shops for a pint of milk and suddenly you can afford a machine gun is great.

Finished the game on Normal a few days ago.
    Norman was a difficult boss. Took a long time to get used to his attacks. Soon found out he only disappears when he is facing you, so started strafing left while aiming the shotgun at him. It soon sorted him out. :) Even the music was great.

A great game, and a definite contender for 3DS game of the year. Have to work on Raid Mode now, though I'm addicted to Zelda at the moment. Did start a new game on Casual. Too afraid for Hell difficulty. smiley-scared002.gif

For crimney's sake, play raid mode immediately! It's a bus-journey sized bite of zombie blasting awesomeness that will have you forgetting you own other games in no time. You can creep through the level and get as ****yerpants scared as you like, or rip through anemonombies and angry elephant wangs with your shotgun and trusty axe as fast as is humanly possible in pursuit of the sacred S grade. I find I'm weedling away vast amounts of time just roadtesting different machine guns and figuring out which guns work best with which custom parts.

While I'm on the subject, in Raid Mode you only have 12 slots for weapon storage, which fill up pretty quickly after only a handful of missions. Until you're used to the guns, don't chuck anything away till you've tested out it's replacement - the raw figures don't tell the whole story. For example, when you swap from a semi-auto rifle to a bolt action the reload animation that interrupts aiming is going to drive you bananas. Also, remember there are no prizes for 2nd place (probably because the zombie who came first ate you), if you collect weapon cases or upgrades for killing mini-bosses you don't actually get credit for them till you finish the level.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Playing through it, up to the third act now, without the circle pad pro. Is it worth getting? Was thinking it might make a difference in raid mode.

Playing through it, up to the third act now, without the circle pad pro. Is it worth getting? Was thinking it might make a difference in raid mode.

It took me a while to get used to it, but yeah I'd say the extra control it gives you would be worth getting it.

The aux weapon button (ie axe/knife/grenade/decoy) is reachable in a crisis on CPP without having to sacrifice movement, which is hugely liberating.
    Also if you suffer from Mariokart Claw in general while playing DS games, the CPP relieves it somewhat. There's a larger surface area to grab and the larger main shoulder buttons (in this case the add-on buttons), stop your little- and ring- fingers from gnarling up so much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement