Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***MatchThread*** 22nd Jul 21:00 COLM Ballalley

• 19-07-2014 11:20pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely must win game here.
    We are 2 points behind Ballalley, they have a game in hand. A win puts us 1 point ahead we are playing on the pitch we are familiar with, we'll probably have a couple of lads back from injury and given the time it'll be cooler.

After Ballalley played us they had the results below in their next 5 games
    2 wins & 2 draws & 1 loss

Cathal
    Ciaran
    Cillian
    Conor
    Damo
    Darren
    Derek
    Derek McL
    Jules
    Keith - in
    Kings
    SteK
    SteMcd
    Julius
    Heggo
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

In.

Someone should message collie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

IN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ive been dropped from the squad it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 CaesersSon

In

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Ive been dropped from the squad it seems!

Bad luck!
    I'm sure you'll work your way back in!

IN

collie said he could play if we needed him.

Keith / Des give him a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in.

can run around and whatever but not sure how my legs will hold up to getting tackled. felt fine running so i'm optimistic but we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Cillian - in
    Conor - in

Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek - in
    Derek McL - in
    Jules - away
    Ed - in
    Keith - new baby
    Kings - in
    SteK - in

SteMcd - in
    Julius - in
    Dave - in
    Heggo - inj
    Brian

• Advertisement

this is the biggest game we have played in many seasons, last year we had a big points cushion for most of the season, so no game was that important (we won them all anyway).

this one however, is a league decider. lets do this.

this is the biggest game we have played in many seasons, last year we had a big points cushion for most of the season, so no game was that important (we won them all anyway).

this one however, is a league decider. lets do this.

Looks like we have a good squad. It's our preferred pitch. No excuses.

Mousewar wrote: »
    Looks like we have a good squad. It's our preferred pitch. No excuses.

yeah, we've 14 or 15 coming out.

Big congrats to Keith by the way, who became a father yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

Congrats Kieth!
    Tonight it's all in lads! run until you cant anymore! tackle hard! and dont give them a second!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers lads, absolutely enormous game tonight, 3 points is a must

Cheers lads, absolutely enormous game tonight, 3 points is a must

So why the **** are you not coming, she's had the baby get her to start doing her job and you can do yours on the pitch.

:rolleyes:

I think I'll start posting all the texts I receive from Darren.

400_F_36177108_3KeNWEz5NQV8t4muqGYXgikE6T9tZBDS.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'll likely be there, we're home and my brothers missus is a mid wife and is staying til tomorrow, I also seem to be getting on her nerves! Will decide later on though

:rolleyes:

I think I'll start posting all the texts I receive from Darren.

400_F_36177108_3KeNWEz5NQV8t4muqGYXgikE6T9tZBDS.jpg

It's called being creative.

Twice we take the lead, twice they score once with a deflection against the run of play and the other from a free while their striker has a go at Murtagh, never mind the hacking down on Cillian

Plenty of fight out their lads, a definite positive

• Advertisement

its a game we controlled, but without creating too many clear chances. the difference between the teams is stark, we play it on the ground and rely on creativity where they are physical, direct and very very rough, both of their goals were from set pieces, after they scored 2 from set pieces also in the first game.

their second goal (what every happened before it) is the best goal that ive seen, it was a 1 in 100 shot that if he tried for the next 3 years wouldnt come off.

overall we played really well and also our defending has been excellent the past 4 or 5 games, compared to earlier in the season.

Ballalley have 2 very tough games coming up.

A draw and a loss is a very real possibility in their next 5 games, we just need to make sure we get maximum points from our games

Ballalley have 2 very tough games coming up.

A draw and a loss is a very real possibility in their next 5 games, we just need to make sure we get maximum points from our games

they only have 4 games left and theres one round of fixtures missing off the list,

Brown Bag Utd
    EweTuppers FC
    Cork Exiles FC

the game in hand, is against the full irish. there is a chance that game was already played, but the score was not updated. anybody know somebody in the full irish who we can ask what happened in that game?

we are now in a battle for 2nd and 3rd also, assuming they won their games last night, both Cork and BNY are only 1 point behind us if they win their games in hand and we still have to play BNY.

win our 3 games and we could win the league, but drop any points and we could finish 4th - its that tight.

realistically tho, Ballalley have a 5 point advantage with 3 games left and its theirs to lose. we have dropped silly points this year, i think its 11 points from winning positions and that is something we need to work on, we are not finishing games well - is that a fitness issue? too much emphasis on attack, rather than being solid and closing out the game?

will be very sickening to lose the league by a couple of points after conceding late goals in games we should have won - the 2-2 v ewetuppers stands out, as well as the game last week - silly mistakes that cost us dearly.

it actually looks like Ballalley, Cork and BNY all have no scores entered for the start of the season against the full Irish so either the scores were not entered or the games were cancelled for some reason.

anybody know what happened with that?

in theory, the Full irish if they have 6 games to play, can still actually win the league but its weird that they appear to have 3 games not played.

it actually looks like Ballalley, Cork and BNY all have no scores entered for the start of the season against the full Irish so either the scores were not entered or the games were cancelled for some reason.

anybody know what happened with that?

I think the Full Irish joined the league late. Initially there were only nine teams so Ballalley and Cork missed a game each in the first two weeks as they were drawn against the vacant slot. Full Irish played in Week 3 against Exeter but then there's no score for them against BNY for week 4 - not sure what that's about.
    Those games will have to be played to be fair but I'm not sure when. I doubt they've been played already or the results would be there. The big worry is that the Full Irish won't bother to make arrangements to play them as they'll have nothing to play for and the other teams will get walkovers.

Mousewar wrote: »
    The big worry is that the Full Irish won't bother to make arrangements to play them as they'll have nothing to play for and the other teams will get walkovers.

full irish in theory, can win the league by winning all 6 games, its unlikely of course, but they defo can finish 2nd or 3rd also.

Well hopefully they do well enough to keep themselves interested. Although not too well as we play them next week.

Andy (i think ) from the TFI posts here a bit, I dont think they're the type to give walkovers

TFI beat Ballalley 4-0, i would be hopeful they'll get the win or at least a draw there again.

Exiles and Ballalley drew, Exiles are big physical team aswell and wont be intimidated so that could go either way.

These are the 2 games where we would expect ballalley to drop points.
    PResuming they win their other 2 games, they did only beat Brownbag 1-0 so its possible they could drop some points there aswell.

Anyway presuming 2 wins and then a loss and a draw, ballalley end up on 40 points

3 wins for us is also 40 points but we are 13 goals ahead which they are unlikely to make up.

We have 3 very tough games coming up, from the 3 games earlier in the season we got 4 from 9 points.

BNYmellon will be tough, TFI will be tough and i think this will be our 3rd/4th time finishing a season against the monks and while they wont have anything to play for they got a draw from us last time and will be hopeful of having some input into the title race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

they only have 4 games left and theres one round of fixtures missing off the list,

Brown Bag Utd
    EweTuppers FC
    Cork Exiles FC

the game in hand, is against the full irish. there is a chance that game was already played, but the score was not updated. anybody know somebody in the full irish who we can ask what happened in that game?

we are now in a battle for 2nd and 3rd also, assuming they won their games last night, both Cork and BNY are only 1 point behind us if they win their games in hand and we still have to play BNY.

win our 3 games and we could win the league, but drop any points and we could finish 4th - its that tight.

realistically tho, Ballalley have a 5 point advantage with 3 games left and its theirs to lose. we have dropped silly points this year, i think its 11 points from winning positions and that is something we need to work on, we are not finishing games well - is that a fitness issue? too much emphasis on attack, rather than being solid and closing out the game?

will be very sickening to lose the league by a couple of points after conceding late goals in games we should have won - the 2-2 v ewetuppers stands out, as well as the game last week - silly mistakes that cost us dearly.

lol defo not this in the last 3 or 4 games iv been increasingly isolated up top theres just no support coming up anymore its like we are sitting deeper or something, either way booting the ball upto me from kickouts isnt a viable option

• Advertisement

mrDerek wrote: »
    lol defo not this in the last 3 or 4 games iv been increasingly isolated up top theres just no support coming up anymore its like we are sitting deeper or something, either way booting the ball upto me from kickouts isnt a viable option

possession of the ball dictates how games go.

my point is about how we have dropped 11 points in games this year from winning positions, 2 or 3 of those games should have been closed out and last night was one of them.

we need to know/find out how to win games ugly also, ie games when we are up against strong defensive teams and a goal will decide it.

Advertisement