Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microphone repair in Dublin?

• 19-07-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a place/person that does mic repair? I have two really good quality condenser mics that through some kind of ****wittery I've managed to damage (I think from storing them in a cold, damp room and transporting them without being careful enough).

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

back to factory is best

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VegetativeState

Sound, thanks. I'll send em back with a note saying "Sorry, I know I was silly and I won't do it again".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

they've seen it all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Which mics are they and have you the schematics?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VegetativeState

SE Electronics 4400a and Audio Technica AT2020 - don't have schematics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Ah no worries. I wouldn't touch it without the schematics. You probably have bad caps in there and some oxidized points on the board from the damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Most mics of that price range don't get repaired but replaced .

If you've bought them locally, through the shop - if not then straight to manufacturer.

Advertisement