Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday 19th

Options
  • 18-07-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Pricewise tips

Bond’s Girl a beauty at tasty 14-1 for big sprint

Trying to forecast what the weather is going to do and what the ground will be for a big race has almost become a full-time job this Flat season.

Virtually every Friday we are faced with a weather warning forecasting the potential for rain of biblical proportions before and during racing.

That doesn’t make finding winners at an early stage particularly easy, as at the likes of Market Rasen and Newbury this afternoon the ground could be anything from good to firm to heavy.

At least Bond’s Girl has plenty going for her in the Weatherbys Super Sprint (3.50) at Newbury as she has shown form on both soft and fast ground and really caught the eye in the Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot last time.

Bond’s Girl never really got a shot at the leaders under Richard Hughes as she was held up in rear and was hampered on three different occasions. She stayed on well when the race was over, but she travelled with plenty of power in the early stages and the drop to 5f under her featherweight is not an issue.

Before that effort Bond’s Girl beat a good colt on soft ground at Pontefract and I reckon she has more pace than her shorter-priced stablemate Realtra.

The other one I like is more ground dependent as I doubt Fast Act would be at his best on a very soft surface, but he has been aimed at this race and beat a good horse with ease at Carlisle last time.
    Kevin Ryan has a good record in these races and if stall three is okay and the ground isn’t too slow, he should run a big race.

The Group 3 Al Basti Equiworld Hackwood Stakes (3.15) looks best left for now as it could cut up drastically if the rain arrives in the proportions forecast.

The most interesting runner is undoubtedly Music Master, who was forced to go for home far too soon in the Diamond Jubilee as those who raced on the other side of the track were a long way clear at halfway.

However, he might have been racing on the best ground and the even pace on his side might have helped him run as well as he did, so I’m far from convinced he was unlucky.

Intibaah and That Is The Spirit are the two who want a deluge, but if you back them now in the hope of an easy surface the likelihood is that half the others won’t run and a huge Rule 4 will come into play.

At Newmarket Llanarmon Lad has plenty going for him in the 32Redsport.com Handicap (1.50). He reminds me of Top Notch Tonto, who ended up running in Group 1 races for Brain Ellison a year ago, and he is likely to get the strong pace he needs to be at his best.

With the stalls on the far side, his high draw should help and the impressive Cam Hardie’s claim negates his rise in the weights for an easy win at the track last time.

As for the jumps racing at Market Rasen, It’s A Gimme is going to be hard to beat in the Betfred Summer Plate (3.30). He was second in a Ladbroke Hurdle a couple of season ago, has taken well to fences and could be a class above his opposition. He won’t want it bottomless, but does handle some cut.

Today's bets

Llanarmon Lad
    1.50 Newmarket
    1pt win at 6-1 with Ladbrokes or Paddy Power

It’s A Gimme
    3.30 Market Rasen
    1pt win at 11-2 with bet365 or Coral

Fast Act
    3.50 Newbury
    1pt win at 14-1 with Boylesports or Coral

Bond’s Girl
    3.50 Newbury
    1pt win at 14-1 with Paddy Power (10-1 generally)

Good luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

wonder how al kazeem will get on tomorrow

best at 15/8 and charton said would need the race but
    might still be good enough to beat these

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Al Kazeem one of the biggest lays of the year. They never come back from stud

Jillnextdoor is over priced at 14/1 in the 3.40 Newmarket. I'm convinced 6 on fast ground is what she wants, and ran well last time at Chester on unsuitable going. She is always competitive off a mark around this. Even if its not tomorrow she is one to keep onside next couple of starts. Should be no bigger than 10s

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Al Kazeem is very well suited by the race conditions - no Group One penalty from last season, and taking on Listed horses. If he can't win tomorrow, he'll never win another race.

Tomorrow will hardly be the be all and end all though. A good listed race. Triple Threat has been disappointing but a solid opponent, the well bred Vancouverite too

Tomorrow will hardly be the be all and end all though. A good listed race. Triple Threat has been disappointing but a solid opponent, the well bred Vancouverite too

Shyte race all the same though. I remember Sakhee hosing up in this race a few years back against similar opposition. I'm not comparing Al Kazeem with Sakhee, but he really should be able to take care of this lot if he has any aspirations to winning better races later on.

• Advertisement

He may be rated well above these but to say this is a ****e race is wrong. Rarely will you see a Listed race with horses rated 111 113 and 115

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

St Patrick's Day 5/6.

Maiden won by Australia, Teofilio, New Approach and where Sea the Stars lost. O Brien's horse was odds on first time out so i presume they think a lot of him should come on for the run he could be good.

Al Kazeem 7/4

Group 1 winner in a listed race with ideal conditions. Small doubt about coming back from stud but if he turns up he wins handy.

Tarfasha 5/2

2nd behind Taghrooda last time and we know how highly they rate him. He should confirm form with Volume and i think he will win. O Brien has about 40 horses in the race i am sure to try get him beat but i think he is too classy.

Treble and singles on these for me didn't look at much else yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I wonder what kind of covering fee he'll command if he wins this Oaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

I think the money will come again for tapestry today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Backed Palace at 16s, just don't have a feel for the race at all and liked her run last day out there recently. Could be a messy race with a big priced winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Springinherstep 25/1 market rasen 2.55
    Typical henderson mare patiently running below par until the right opportunity to strike and to sign a C1 to her name. Andrew tinkler rides at a weight of 10-1. If you consider the additional weight this horse gets with roman flight and purple bay in her last race there is certainly appeal to see this mare get her head in front..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

NEWSLETTER NEWSLETTER NEWSLETTER

5.10 CURRAGH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Small double on St Patricks Day and Blackstone.

Anyone backing friend of the forum TITS at Newbury? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

I think Automated is worth a punt in the 1.35 at Newbury. Last time he ran on decent ground over course and distance he finished 2nd to Eagle Top. He has twice ran in Derby trials since but twice it was on ground to soft to do himself justice. 7/1 today in what looks a pretty open maiden is decent value imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Couple of each way shots for me today.

I like Creevytenant in the summer plate at Market Rasen as I know he has been targeted at this race. Still 14-1 in places.

I am also going to take a chance on Get Ready to Go in the 2.45 at Cartmel (16-1). Richard Ford comes from the area and always likes to have winners at the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 salfordseven

Agent Murphy 17.20 Newmarket. I like the way it battled to win last time against a horse that has gone on to win twice since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Springinherstep 25/1 market rasen 2.55
    Typical henderson mare patiently running below par until the right opportunity to strike and to sign a C1 to her name. Andrew tinkler rides at a weight of 10-1. If you consider the additional weight this horse gets with roman flight and purple bay in her last race there is certainly appeal to see this mare get her head in front..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

"Saturday 19th July" and "Oaks" threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Eeny Mac 16-1 ew 4.20

Running consistent . Should go close here

2.05 Token of Love to get off to a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

''No point in winding horse up now, as they're not racing. There will be loads of time to wind them up when they come out of the stalls''

''No point in winding horse up now, as they're not racing. There will be loads of time to wind them up when they come out of the stalls''

More pearls of wisdom from Mickey Fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

All kazeem for me today. Despite fears about coming back from a failed stud career, 7\4 looks rather generous against this lot in a listed race. Should win easily IMO.

BumperD wrote: »
    All kazeem for me today. Despite fears about coming back from a failed stud career, 7\4 looks rather generous against this lot in a listed race. Should win easily IMO.

He looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Al Kazeem one of the biggest lays of the year. They never come back from stud
    Well done. Love that horse, but couldn't get involved.

On MCCoy here to break the record the horse is nearly hitting the clouds when jumping a hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

think marvellous won't be far away in the oaks , e.w. bet of the day for me

Well done. Love that horse, but couldn't get involved.

Madness. How people backed him into that price today I will never know. People should learn today never back a horse coming back from stud

Great finish. Winner could be a Haydock Sprint Cup horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

oor jock in the next

Advertisement