Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

subbuteo

• 18-07-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Let's start a subbuteo league in Dublin again.
    Let's get 30 interested people and we will start a league

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Moved from the Events & Tournaments forum, which is due to be closed down. Tabletop & Boardgaming charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stephenamccann

Can you share the rules? The rules I got with my subbuteo set very very vague and there is nothing online...

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

Any luck with it lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

Any luck with it lads? I found my old pitch and 2 teams in my parents attic about this time 3 years ago. I also found an old notebook which contained our league and cup results and tables. The last entry was in August 1988! I was hooked again. After a gap of 23 years, I couldn't wait to get playing again. So I googled subbuteo and was astonished that not only did this game survive but it was very popular throughout most of Europe. A group of lads have also kept it very much alive in Britain. During many hours on the internet I also discovered that some lads here in Ireland held 6 tournaments throughout the year. Imagine how excited I was on finding this out! Even though I only managed to make it to one event (young family etc etc). I then realized that you could still buy all types of subbuteo stuff online. I was amazed at the amount of different teams and bases available. So eventually me and some of my mates held our own Subbuteo tournaments. What a great night's craic and some serious play too! I think we've had 4 or 5 events so far. There were only 5 of us but I was more than happy to be playing a mini subbuteo league again. So we formed the Donegal Subbuteo Club http://www.donegalsubbuteo.webs.com
    Shortly after this another club, Strabane Subbuteo Club, were formed just up the road from us. I also met and played against a lad from Derry who played it back in the day and was as eager to play it again as I was myself. I also played with 5 lads in Belfast who are doing a great job of keeping it alive.

Advertisement