Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adamstown to Connolly - please help!

Options
  • 13-03-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've decided to ditch the car and travel by public transport for a trip next week and I need some assistance.

I have to get from adamstown to Drogheda via connolly, arriving in Drogheda at approx. 10 am next sunday morning!

Does the Luas pass near to adamstown? Sorry I'm not from Dublin but will be there for a party on sat evening and need to get to Drogheda on sunday morning.

Any advice gratefully appreciated!

Neil.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No Luas, but trains to Hueston, Luas from there to Connolly and then on from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

BuffyBot wrote: »
    No Luas, but trains to Hueston, Luas from there to Connolly and then on from there.

Can't be done by rail from Adamstown on a Sunday morning if you want to get to Drogheda by 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The 151 bus is the quickest way out of Adamstown, first Sunday buses at 7:40AM and 8:30. Get off at the Customs House on the hour and get the Bus Eireann 100 or the 1 or the 101 from Busaras, whatever one you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

The 151 bus is the quickest way out of Adamstown, first Sunday buses at 7:40AM and 8:30. Get off at the Customs House on the hour and get the Bus Eireann 100 or the 1 or the 101 from Busaras, whatever one you like.

The 151 no longer serves Adamstown, it's been replaced by the 25B. The first bus is at 08.43.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/25b/

This will leave you at Bachelor's Walk, a 5 minute walk from Busaras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

Not anymore Losty, the 151 route has been changed it only goes from Foxborough, first departures are at 0730 and 0800.

The first bus from Adamstown to the City Centre is the 25b at 0843.

Both routes take around 30 mins to the City Centre.

Edit:Follow Foggy Lad's info below on getting from the city to Drogheda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You wont make it by rail or using the 25b but if there was some way you could get the first 151 at 7.30am from Foxborough you could easily catch the 100X from the custom house at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

BenShermin wrote: »
    Not anymore Losty, the 151 route has been changed it only goes from Foxborough, first departures are at 0730 and 0800.

The first bus from Adamstown to the City Centre is the 25b at 0843.

I was stuck on the old timetable on my phone app :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

I was stuck on the old timetable on my phone app :o
    Sure I balls up giving advice aswell:o.

I think we should make Foggy Lad the new public transport advisor. Might take his mind off the never ending struggle he has with health and safety in CIE;).

Advertisement