Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Ive a feeling it wont be long though :(

It could just be your mind telling you that though. I know as I'm my own worse enemy when it comes to these things.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Can't hack these mood swings, it's nuts, between actually going through the various humours and trying to lessen the severity/impact when i'm around others i'm just constantly wrecked, roll on the psych appointment. Hope everyone is relatively well..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mood is decent but sleeping less than 3 hours a night at the moment. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Mood is ok, but the auld concentration isn't good at all. At work and can't settle down at all. Can only do about a minute before the mind wanders again. It's going to be a long day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I know Im really tired, I go to bed, but I just cannot sleep a bit :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

UP and down at the moment but hanging in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

managed to cry on the phone to AIB, when sorting out something so simple as changing my address.
    Cancelled my counsilling tomorrow, as i just cant face it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

The anxiety has crept up over the week (feels tight across my chest), mood is down a bit too. Just fed up of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I just had a short panic attack there. Filling out forms for a job I did in college I should have submitted weeks ago, and I'm having trouble filling parts out, and I got really panicked. Think I'm a bit worried to go to the office and ask for help cause I'm so late submitting it. I'm kinda considering not submitting it, which means I won't get paid for my work, which makes no sense :(

Uch I don't know whats wrong with me lately, haven't been this bad in well over a year!

I often feel like that. Like something that will mess up my life but at least it means I don't have to make a phone call of talk to someone or whatever. I have to remind myself that these people won't look twice at me. They're dealing with this in their day to day life. In your case they probable get hundreds of people that hand things in late. Lets face it it's an Irish thing. They'd be probably more surprised if you handed it in on time. And you have to think of how fabulous you'll feel when it's done. Often have to give myself a good talking to. Can't always convince myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have had a bad day today.

Hoping to sleep it off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 _Moss_

I was feeling so good there for a few days, I had my interview, which was a disastor. The company's fault though, not mine for once! I've another interview tomorrow so I'm delighted with that.

But today I was told some bad news. A family member isn't doing well in hospital. They're being made comfortable so that they may get to go home.

There's a tightness across my chest that I've been fighting all day, I'm shaking and keep making tea cuz tea is what you make at times like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I heard back from Aware, I didn't get a place as they had already been booked up although they did say there were places in Tallaght and Walkinstown (neither of which suit me). There'll also be more courses later in the year.

Crap day today, getting serious grief in work, luckily its not just me, it's everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

I came off the lexapro last Friday and I feel a million times better for now at least can't believe how much it had zoned me out but I'm just wondering if anyone had experienced lightheadedness when coming off meds, I keep getting little dizzy spells?

Well i finally got a date, for my next hospital visit for my shoulder. Im pinning all my hopes on this one now, as i cant stand the constant pain anymore. And im hoping once the pain goes, the mood will improve

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Gillo wrote: »
    I heard back from Aware, I didn't get a place as they had already been booked up although they did say there were places in Tallaght and Walkinstown (neither of which suit me). There'll also be more courses later in the year.

Crap day today, getting serious grief in work, luckily its not just me, it's everybody.

Hi ! Havent been on here over the wknd, was visiting my folks. Glad to here in posts that u enjoyed your wknd mountineering, good on ya for getting the energy together to do that.

I havent heard back from Aware, must check me emails. Pity u didnt get in, maybe u will on next set of courses.

As for work, i semi enjoy being off, once i'm off for long enough to stop actually thinking about it. But i know what u mean about the sparkling clean house !!, except i have dogs who keep messing it up !!
    Pity you got grief today at work after your nice wknd, hope things have relaxed a bit tomo...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Don't even know how to put into words how bad I feel, I'm just not here anymore. Taking the baldness so hard that I think what is point trying anymore. Went to the train station during the week but know i'll never have the balls to do anything. So I'm caught in a place being ready to go but too afraid to do anything. Just hoping that if it goes like this for long enough it give me a moment of craziness where it all ends.

Hi Call Me Jimmy ! You need to talk to your doctor or some one like Samaritans and on here of course. DOnt ever give up, because you'll always feel better eventually.
    If your feeling that bad you need to get yourself help.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad at the moment. I hope things settle down for you and you get back to enjoying life somewhat ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

frulewis wrote: »
    I came off the lexapro last Friday and I feel a million times better for now at least can't believe how much it had zoned me out but I'm just wondering if anyone had experienced lightheadedness when coming off meds, I keep getting little dizzy spells?

I got that when I came off Lustral - when I came straight off it I was dizzy as hell, lightheaded every time I stood up, but the next time I weaned off it and didn't get any dizziness.
    So I think it's a normal side-effect. But mention it to your doctor?

I was the opposite, when i got put on cipramil, i started feeling really dizzy and light headed.
    I dont know what to do at the moment, go back to the doctor and try a different brand or not. At the moment, im not on any medication except Lyrica for pain relief, and i cancelled my counsilling

to be honest I came off it myself because for the last few months i've had zero motivation i've gained a load of weight and just been zoned out and when I mentioned to my doctor she just put the dose up which led to three days of being so angry and aggressive I nearly punched someone, never in my life have I felt like that so I said here goes stop taking it for a few days see how I go and I feel good except for the lightheadedness!

How so Joe - did the dizzyness go away or did you have to go back on the medication?

Snoopy1 - why did you cancel counselling if you don't mind me asking? I just ask because I'm in two minds whether to continue with mine it doesn't seem to be helping!

Snoopy1 - why did you cancel counselling if you don't mind me asking? I just ask because I'm in two minds whether to continue with mine it doesn't seem to be helping!
    i cancelled it because I feel like im going round in circles sometimes. One day I think she's helping, the next I don't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

to be honest I came off it myself because for the last few months i've had zero motivation i've gained a load of weight and just been zoned out and when I mentioned to my doctor she just put the dose up which led to three days of being so angry and aggressive I nearly punched someone, never in my life have I felt like that so I said here goes stop taking it for a few days see how I go and I feel good except for the lightheadedness!

How so Joe - did the dizzyness go away or did you have to go back on the medication?
    I went back on the meds, but not because of the dizziness - I should never have gone off them. But obviously, at the time, I thought I knew better than the doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Lexapro is a med you can't stop cold turkey, you need to taper off your dosage slowly or you'll get the withdrawls you are experiencing now. You should probably see your doctor and work out a plan to wean off it. I tried to come off it before slowly over about 5 months, probably can be done quicker, but your doctor should know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

*VOM* All over my life right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Don't know if it's been mentioned or not before, prob has but for any insomniacs or people with stress related somnic problems:

Get a 5ml bottle of pure lavender extract with a dropper attached to the handle and squirt some onto either a pillow underneath your actual pillow or onto the side of your pillow which your head is on the least.

I have had both stress induced hypersomnia and insomnia before in the past, and it can help.

Also, mint tea made from boiling your own mint leaves. Fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

having a fight, and i'm being ignored, i hate it. it gets me so down, so anxious, it affects me so much. someone that cares about me wouldn't do this surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I got a new night light today, thank god :) Might get some decent sleep.

Does anyone ever work out how long it'd take for someone to find you? I think the earliest right now would be 20 hours. that's pretty pathetic.

Lexapro is a med you can't stop cold turkey, you need to taper off your dosage slowly or you'll get the withdrawls you are experiencing now. You should probably see your doctor and work out a plan to wean off it. I tried to come off it before slowly over about 5 months, probably can be done quicker, but your doctor should know more.

I hear what you're saying but I just couldn't take them anymore I was going between being a zombie and being really aggressive not me at all, if the dizziness continues today I will go see my doctor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

My doctor really helped today, he upped my Zispin dose to 45mg and gave me some Ixprim for the constant pain I'm in.

• Advertisement

offered a job yesterday,told to think about it,was going to take it,got a phone call that he's taking someone else. it wasn't even a paid job. ffs.can things get any worse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement